The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Trolls and Bullies on the threads (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Chris Meece wrote:
Funny that you received responses from the two culprits within the first few responses. I quit coming to this board as well because of them. I came here when I was staring out .. got tremendous help from others on the board and learned how to do this crazy thing. I used DVDs and books to learn from but because I didn't attend a stage hypnosis seminar or multiple seminars I was simply a hack like everyone else. It grew old very fast.

When I finally invent a way to punch people through the computer screen I'll become a millionaire.

Nice of you to pop in with such a great contribution. This seems to me like trolling at its very best. Let's resurrect an old thread for no other reason than to flame? If that's your approach no wonder you find no help here. But then one must ask, why come here at all? To troll?
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
And look ... suspect one and two both show up immediately. Why come here? I was hoping to possibly see some interesting stuff .. maybe learn something or two. Instead I see troll number one and number two doing what they always do.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Chris Meece wrote:
You wouldn't like that very much.

Give it a try.

Internet tough guys are hilarious.

All I did was invite you to back up your bs. And lie5 every Internet tough guy you won't.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
And yet that is exactly what you are being Nancy, an internet tough guy. You took my initial joke of making millions by inventing a way of punching people through a computer screen and took it as a personal affront. I hate bullies and your type is the very reason I became a martial arts instructor.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ooooo scary.

Some martial arts instructor. Taking things out of context on a message board and then taking them personally and getting upset by them.

Seems silly that you would let something said by some Anonymous person on the internet bother you.

Again the biggest problem with the Internet is that the reader ads all tone. If you feel insulted or if you feel as if someone is saying something in a mean way generally speaking the problem is how you are reading it not how it's being written. But rather than thinking about that it is far easier to personify it and just get angry at someone else. It is easier to just call people a bully rather than sitting down and trying to actually talk to somebody or actually write them a message and say hey is this what you meant by this because this is how it came across.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So since one has gone out of the way to revive an old silly thread lets at least make it positive.

How does one find training today? Well it is easier than ever. First I would be shocked if you can find a post of me ever recommending live training. If I did I revise that position.

First figure out what style of performer you want to be. Classical, modern, hip out whatever. Really nail it down for yourself.

Then find a DVD that is put out by a guy who most emulates that style. Spidey comes off as hip and fresh, Terry Stokes is Vladislav, Kevin Lepine is in your face and so on. (Not sure Kevin has a DVD, just an example.)

Then GET THAT DVD! Most, if not all are very good and aside from style the same content. There Is nothing really new to discover. So it is style you are looking for. Shop for that style!

Then one you have the basics get some books to do in the blanks. Above all get out there. Aside from someone falling you are not going to hurt anyone. If street hyp is your goal find some stuff on that.

It is not a mystery, it is nor deeply guarded secrets or anything of the sort. It is simple experienc and judgment. Anyone who says it is more is a liar oor selling something. Neither one is a bad thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
I wouldn't say "in your face......" but I've heard worse Danny!
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It was in no way an insult my friend.

Only saying you have a style you developed and that is a good thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
None taken Danny! Smile
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All that remains is to see if someone is offended "for you".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Just came upon this thread and wonder how and or why the bullies are allowed to stay? Seems like if you don't agree or might know something outside the realm of the agitators, their goal is squash you. The only views that seem to matter is theirs? Why? Can nobody else know anything about stage hypnosis? Are there but two experts on the subject in all the world? Statistically speaking I don't see how that's at all possible.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
We're not in the whole world, we're in this quite limited forum.

And they are allowed to stay because they don't actually break the rules. People just don't like what they say/how they say it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Any Board on the web is world wide. The governments that censor the web not withstanding I venture to guess that there are more than just two authorities who visit this forum? Although when one is attacked immediately upon asking a question or expressing themselves, the rules are being broken http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=39 You may want to pay special attention to the "Public Criticism" section. The rules seem to be for some and not for others but that up to the mods and beyond my understanding. Since I'm not a mod it's not my place to comment on their work and so this observation is just that and not meant to offend them. My point which can get lost in the explanation, how does it serve the board or forum to have but two members bully others into not posting? It's not a question what they say or even how they say it, it's the ATTACKING members with things like "you don't know what your talking about" or other such verbiage. Just as there are different performing styles in all of magic, so to are there different performing style among hypnotist. I'v seen comedic performances. More serious demonstrations. And even a more sudo show with tricks resembling hypnosis but with no actual hypnosis in it. Why not make a point WITHOUT the hostility? Can we not be civil to one another in the spirit of the Café? I just don't understand. It's my problem though and I don't really expect an answer. I just wish this forum was a more open place to exchange ideas and performing styles. But I'm done WHINING as was told to another member and will just leave the dead to decay and wither.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Just came upon this thread and wonder how and or why the bullies are allowed to stay? Seems like if you don't agree or might know something outside the realm of the agitators, their goal is squash you. The only views that seem to matter is theirs? Why? Can nobody else know anything about stage hypnosis? Are there but two experts on the subject in all the world? Statistically speaking I don't see how that's at all possible.

I notice how when I tried to turn this positive you choose to further the negative part. Then accuse others of bad behavior.

So again let's be positive. How would you recommend a person go about learning stage hypnosis today?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
How would you recommend a person go about learning stage hypnosis today?

What is your motivation for asking the question? Is it because you want to try dissecting every word I might say in an attempt to discredit me? Or maybe your not the all knowing ultimate authority on hypnosis you think you are and really interested in learning something? Either way I think it's a bait question for you or your cronies to jump on. So I won't be answering. However any person REALLY interested in hypnosis in ALL it's forms are free to contact me via pm anytime.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh my you do have issues.

It was a second attempt of mine to take this from a negative footing and turn it into something positive. Once again you turn it negative.

So out of curiosity do you perform stage hypnosis? Because you capitalized all and really and I'm curious as to what that means?

Just trying to discuss. That however does not seem high on your to do list. You seem more fond of bloviating without discussion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
You seem more fond of bloviating without discussion.

I can thank you for one thing. I had to look up the word bloviating as I had no idea what it meant. So my vocabulary has now been enhanced. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

NightSG
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of NightSG
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not at all; it will only be right twice a day if it's actually stopped, which you seem to be incapable of.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On May 22, 2018, NightSG wrote:
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not at all; it will only be right twice a day if it's actually stopped, which you seem to be incapable of.

Really? I would point you to many threads that I abandon out of futility. Another false assessment by a person with no knowledge of who I am or what I'm about.

NightSG
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of NightSG
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, Senior Moment wrote:
Another false assessment by a person with no knowledge of who I am or what I'm about.

Ok, so you summed up your power of self assessment in an incomplete sentence with no real meaning. Were you going somewhere with that?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Trolls and Bullies on the threads (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL