The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Trolls and Bullies on the threads (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Granted, some of the Café hypno crowd can be "direct" in their opinions.
I had some nasty little exchanges early on.
(Sheesh, really nasty in retrospect.)
But, these same people, also have experience and knowledge in the field.
Lots and lots of real life experience on a large scale.
Different approaches/rationales at times, sure.
I'd be dishonest though, if I said I never found anything useful from the postings.
I just try and remind myself that this is a unique medium to communicate through.
It's almost expected to come on public forums, in a defensive, war like posture.
I wouldn't expect (or tolerate) anyone speaking to me in person, in the ways we take as acceptable here.
Having said all that, these folks will share their opinions and thoughts, good and bad, fairly unfiltered.
I see value in that.
I just try and laugh off the occasional grumpy biting comments..unless I'm also in a cr@p mood. Then I become part of the problem lol.
Overall, I'll deal with the trade off. But, it would be nice if we tried giving each other the benefit of the doubt occasionally.
Less attacking, more questioning.

But, as stated, I'm half a hypocrite trying to evolve a tad Smile

252MindlessRambling

Now...

Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Some great observation 252life. The thing one must remember and understand, which is also not understood by many on the Café, is that this type of difference and dissension occurs anytime where you are combining experienced, serious professionals, with amateurs, hobbyists and newbies. Like most professionals, this can be a formula for difference and misunderstanding. It is impossible for amateurs, hobbyists, and newbies to even come close to thinking, operating, and comprehending to the levels to which industry professional that have been doing something for their living for decades think, operate and offer/discuss insight and experience.

Once this realization can be accommodated, they can learn so much with the right attitude and perspective. Again, this is the same in any profession.

Then, of course, there is also a third category on online communities which are guys that aren't anything yet bloviate as if they are and pretend to be experienced or professionals when not at all. They disrespect the community, the members, and the experienced professionals. These are worse than the newbies and beginners because they are not here to learn and only pop in to flame and stir the pot for their own personal satisfaction and ego, and does absolutely nothing to further the discussion or contribute to the forum and community itself (as we've seen in this exact thread and many others). The actual pros can see this a mile away, yet the amateurs, hobbyists, and newbies are the ones that become confused and misinformed and may accept this bloviating as some kind of actual information when in reality it is rarely anything more than a personal opinion often with an accompanying agenda (I'm sure one or two will be along soon, shortly after I make this post).

I think it great that you shared your realization and your progress into your own learning process.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Trolls and Bullies on the threads (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL