The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SPLIT by Yves Doumergue (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is one of those effects that I really don't have to say too much about.
I met up with JeanLuc last week in Paris and I whitenessed the power of SPLIT up close and personal all I can say is this is crazy good !
I honestly believe this will become a staple item and the ultimate carry around "impromptu" organic effect.

Just watch the trailer to the end and decide for yourself how awesome this will be in your wallet!

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56893

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
You beat me to it posting this... Fair play this looks very good. Great you have also witnessed this up close and personal as well.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
When I perform magic, it's usually card, coin, and then bills (with wallets). So I love that kind of effect. Looking at the video, I suspect something has to be ditched, if the two bills can be immediately handed out. Not sure that both of your hands are clean. Also, I don't believe that the bill split would be as clean as shown in the video. I am also wondering about the kind of sound it makes when you split the initial bill. I'm skeptical in general because you have too many things occurring at the same time, i.e., a bill splitting into two (which can be of different sizes) and a bill change. You get these two fantastic effects in just one quick move, done in a very brief moment.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
What??? The noise is a ripped sound - as you hear in the video which is supposed to be how it would sound. If you decided to ditch any of the bills that's up to you - or it would be impossible. Your hands are and will be a clean as it looks on the video - which is clean considering the effect. The split is as clean as it looks and you even have a child performing it - that's how clean and easy it is. There is a flash though in the performance of a bad angle by Dynamo. But in general when performing in the real world just will have to practise and get used to the angle when holding the bill (or you would potentially flash as dynamo did but the quickness of it I doubt you would flash and someone notices as they don't know what to look for)
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I don't believe both your hands are clean. If you look carefully, the two bills are not displayed on both sides. Strangely, only the bill that you see on the left (that is, the bill on their right hand) is displayed in both side (see at 2:13). It seems that whoever performs it, the movements you see are the same, one bill seems to be moving toward the spectator, the other closer to you (which I suspect can't be examined). At one time, the initial "bill" is held both by the spectator and the performer, and when it splits it looks as if the spectator can keep one bill (the one that's on the left) and the performer keeps the other bill.

In No Bank by Florian Sainvet, you also have a child performing the change, yet I'm not impressed by the trick and I'm not willing to buy it.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Ohhhhh.. This had all the team excited when we watched the demo…

Merchant of Magic have it on the site now, shipping from the UK with free worldwide delivery here:
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=147601

It’s release date is Friday 25th March.

Love the reactions of the two kids. That’s how I want to feel when I see magic...

Hope this helps
Dominic
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Video looks great. Very tempted
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
It says... "can be performed surrounded" hmmm
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I did not see a Canadian bill which is Ironic as our bills are made of a polymer waterproof material very similar to Tyrek. I wonder if it was purchased if you could adapt the gimmick to Canadian currency through printing or other method. If anyone has insight on that please respond. Effect looks awesome.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
Question: are either of the two bills you END with normal and ungimmicked?
miltos
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of miltos
That would be a perfect opener for a working magician!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Looks great.

One small nitpick, why package it "universally" with 20 different bills from around the world? I feel like I would only use it for US currency, but would be paying a presumably higher price for all the other bills that it comes with that I would never use
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This looks fantastic. It would be nice to know ahead of time if one of the bills can be examined or better yet given out as payment. Even if the answer is "no" it is one of the more impressive and novel pieces of visual magic I have seen
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Reminds me to Exchange by Jordan Gomez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCCurSyA93k&sns=em

(Which can not be performed surrounded)
Paul Harford
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Paul Harford
Looks a lot like one bill ends up examinable, and one doesn't - notice that only one bill is ever unfolded at the end, and either slipped inside, or wrapped around the other, which stays folded. Probably the kind of thing you only notice watching it repeatedly like on a demo video...
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, Paul Harford wrote:
Looks a lot like one bill ends up examinable, and one doesn't - notice that only one bill is ever unfolded at the end, and either slipped inside, or wrapped around the other, which stays folded. Probably the kind of thing you only notice watching it repeatedly like on a demo video...

That's exactly what I said. It's so super visual that I couldn't resist re-watching it over and over again. But as I keep watching, I smelled something fishy.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
As you kept watching you smelled something fishy? So what are you saying you suspect there just might be a gimmick? Haha I'm sorry I just got a kick out of your post. To me this looks pretty nice.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I think we can all see this is destined to be very good.

It's nice to see so much included, I could see me using the foreign versions as well as the English so I'm pleased they include them all rather than making you choose just 1.

We have it listed here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/45657[1].html with free shipping at present!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, Paul Harford wrote:

That's exactly what I said. It's so super visual that I couldn't resist re-watching it over and over again. But as I keep watching, I smelled something fishy.

*** not real magic then!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
This looks amazing, reminds of an effect released by Arteco Productions (and the method looks nearly identical). I'm sure there's a backstory behind this as I've heard Yves and Jean Pierre know of each other.

In any case, looks amazing and I'l be buying it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SPLIT by Yves Doumergue (45 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL