The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Whatever happened to Mickey Silver? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I am cleaning out some old boxes of magic and found a Mickey Silver DVD that he was giving away back before 2008.

It is a performance only DVD and I think he was going to release a DVD with explanations later. I have been out of magic since 2008 and I remember how great his DVD was received and how much I was looking forward to him explaning how he did his tricks.

What's he doing now?
mago
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
562 Posts

Profile of mago
Mickey is doing just fine. He is working in Las Vegas.

Best to you..

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4518 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Thanks Man! Any word On the DVD ??? Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2694 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I bet Mr. Silver is dreaming up more coin magic to show us, dazzle us with
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
Where is that 9000 page post where he talks about showing his retention pass for 5 years and then never shows anything? Ha. He was a master. It was going to be like the second coming when coinies got their hands on that little move. They waited patiently and zenly defended the premise of waiting 5 years so they could "study" everything a bit more. Silver was training them. He reached almost godlike status and did nothing but perform a coin trick without tipping it. It was genius. Hi Ho Silver. Away!
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
437 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
" I AM ON MY WAY BACK" .......
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5167 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t believe Mickey ever planned to reveal the details.

I think he'd be foolish to do so.

Jim
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
I'm looking forward to it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10492 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
MICKEY WILL NEVER EVER RELEASE ANYTHING IN DETAIL
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
canaday
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
407 Posts

Profile of canaday
If he tipped it, you couldn't do it anyway. I have been on his case for years to release his dice chink a chink routine.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
688 Posts

Profile of dduane
Mickey is going strong in LV. He won't reveal the mechanics of the "move" because it is not just mechanical.

In the past, he actually explained it in posts here, but most magicians missed the points he was making - that the psychology used is more important. His ROV is flawless, but many magicians have a great ROV. What makes Mickey's so good is that his presentations are loaded with his own (genius) style of misdirection. If you just do it mechanically the same, it won't have the same effect without all the subtleties that make Mickey special.
countrymaven
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Great point. I am realizing this finally too. presentation is what makes a very good trick a miracle.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6515 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If Mickey Silver's Silver Retention Vanish is still important to you, and you want JUST the "mechanics", it IS taught. A book by Larry Barnowsky called "21st Century Coin Mechanics" details it entirely as "The Universal Retention Vanish". The DVD that goes with it, shows the various moves. Eating the coin, showing the coin before vanishing, etc. The DVD alone is available, but not many hard copies left. Five or six, I think. Anyway:

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/21CCMDVD.html

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Whatever happened to Mickey Silver? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL