The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Premise and Premonition by Luke Jermay (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
pitseleh
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of pitseleh
Shape Shifter Drawing Duplication and Hypnosis are done so well by Jermay, but have any of you ACTUALLY TRIED these effects? His hypnosis effect relies on risk (i disagree that "touching on Hoy" is fool-proof), and Duplication relies on you know what, which is not easy to obtain in the real world. I loved watching him perform both, but they just don't seem practical. So, has anyone performed either succcessfully?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2016, pitseleh wrote:
Shape Shifter Drawing Duplication and Hypnosis are done so well by Jermay, but have any of you ACTUALLY TRIED these effects? His hypnosis effect relies on risk (i disagree that "touching on Hoy" is fool-proof), and Duplication relies on you know what, which is not easy to obtain in the real world. I loved watching him perform both, but they just don't seem practical. So, has anyone performed either succcessfully?

Only those who were given free copies to review.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I'd have to look at the DVD set again to remind myself of the drawing dupe but I have used touching on Hypnosis and it is brilliant, for me it is the best use of the touching on hoy concept. I don't see how this relies on risk, I find it no more risky than a lot of mentalism and unlike all the other iterations of touching on hoy this can be done for a relatively small audience. Sure like around 90% of the effects I perform participant selection is very important. I don't think there is an effect I perform that couldn't be ruined by picking the wrong spectator.

Oh and I purchased my copy at the Event for full price, I was not given a review copy.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
pitseleh
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of pitseleh
Mark, I am impressed. I've limited my mentalism to effects that do not rely on participant selection. That is, if you perform Paul Hallas's swindle switch, for example, you can call up anyone who simply can pronounce the word switch. So, while I would love to try out Touching On Hypnosis, I might have to save it for a gig that is unpaid perhaps, to test the waters. Thanks for your response.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2016, pitseleh wrote:
Shape Shifter Drawing Duplication and Hypnosis are done so well by Jermay, but have any of you ACTUALLY TRIED these effects? His hypnosis effect relies on risk (i disagree that "touching on Hoy" is fool-proof), and Duplication relies on you know what, which is not easy to obtain in the real world. I loved watching him perform both, but they just don't seem practical. So, has anyone performed either successfully?

Only those who were given free copies to review.

I have not tried hypnosis, but I have tried the drawing duplication and it works like a charm! I use two main drawing duplication now in my show, this approach and then a drawing duplication at the end of a a routine utilization my TV2x.
This works well when done and is very simple to do. I can recommend it higher enough.

-Eli
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2016, pitseleh wrote:
Mark, I am impressed. I've limited my mentalism to effects that do not rely on participant selection.

35 years performing experience has taught me that there is no such thing as an effect using a spectator that does not rely on you being able to pick a reliable spectator. Even your example where all the spectator needs to be able to do is say switch still relies on them being willing to do so and not play up on stage or be too drunk to follow even basic instruction or more interested in playing the clown that following your instructions.

The minute you bring a spectator up on stage they have the capacity to wreck any effect even if all that is required of them is to stand still and do nothing.

However when it comes to touching on hypnosis it is the pseudo hypnosis effect such as 100th monkey or emotion box etc that gives you the safety net. Due to the nature and in fact the scripting you are pretty much covered even if you get a difficult spectator.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

So I had more of a chance to rewatch some of this.

I havent yet finished since I am going to rewatch DVD 1 again, but I am already performing one of the card effects from the set.

The one called The Story With No End, I believe, it is the spelling effect. Killer, killer........

Even though the Headline Prediction is good, I do not think I will use it, but let me say that I rewatched the Modern Oracle, and to me this set is worth it for that routine alone, I believe it is the easiest Q&A type system you can do with no complicated props, and you can focus on your presentation and readings.

From the first DVD, I really liked some of the routines, that is why I am going to rewatch them, like Silent Communication, and Dirty Secret Club.

I think you will gain a lot from listening to Luke talk about structure, routining, and more, and I think this set compliments Jermays Mind well.

From Jermays Mind, I liked his Q&A approach, as well as his Living and Dead Test, and Jamie stated.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro

hi alex, may I know do you perform story without an end as a one off effect? from what I have tried I don't think there's any way to reset the deck quickly?
seems like after performing this effect the deck must be brought out of play. I assume we need to memorize the s**** if we want to reset it quickly. Any advice? thanks!
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
Anyone know were to get a document envelope that Luke uses I cant find it in the us.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I am seeking to bring my Q & A to a higher level, and torn between purchasing Jermay's Mind DVD set and his Premise and Premonition DVD.
I believe Jermay explains his approach and perhaps method of Q & A on his Jermay's Mind DVD set, but share his full Q & A routine on his Premise and Premonition set. Is this right?

I will eventually purchase both, and have many of his previous and more recent DVDs/Penguin lectures, etc.

I really appreciate his insights and teachings, his style and approach and , especially, his audience management.

Please let em know which DVD is the best to gain insights into Jermay's Q & A.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
139 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
I could be wrong as it has been a little while since I watched both DVD's but from my memory, P&P covers a method of gathering information, and JM is more about delivery and being effective.

Whilst as you say both are valuable, based on what you said I think Jermay's mind will be the one you get most out of.

JM is certainly the one that I got most out of in terms of levelling up my Q&A.

Hope that helps.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

https://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, jlevey wrote:
I am seeking to bring my Q & A to a higher level, and torn between purchasing Jermay's Mind DVD set and his Premise and Premonition DVD.
I believe Jermay explains his approach and perhaps method of Q & A on his Jermay's Mind DVD set, but share his full Q & A routine on his Premise and Premonition set. Is this right?

I will eventually purchase both, and have many of his previous and more recent DVDs/Penguin lectures, etc.

I really appreciate his insights and teachings, his style and approach and , especially, his audience management.

Please let em know which DVD is the best to gain insights into Jermay's Q & A.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Hum, how about this one:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7755
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Taylor Jarratt
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Taylor Jarratt
How useful would this be for someone who performs in only close up or fairly small parlour type situations (like classrooms), and for the situations just mentioned would jermay's mind be any better?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2017, mentalism addict wrote:
Anyone know were to get a document envelope that Luke uses I cant find it in the us.

These are about right: https://www.uline.com/BL_1563/Self-Seal-Expansion-Envelopes

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Here's another style: https://www.envelopes.com/shipping/expan......wn-kraft

When you do a search try putting in: accordion envelope or expanding envelope
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Taylor Jarratt wrote:
How useful would this be for someone who performs in only close up or fairly small parlour type situations (like classrooms), and for the situations just mentioned would jermay's mind be any better?

There's a wide variety of material on both projects.
Taylor Jarratt
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Taylor Jarratt
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2021, Taylor Jarratt wrote:

There's a wide variety of material on both projects.

@Mac_Stone thanks for the reply
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Premise and Premonition by Luke Jermay (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL