The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Organic Choice by Ryan Stock (GIMMICK + DOWNLOAD) (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
comedydaredevil
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of comedydaredevil
Quote:
On May 11, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Wish the receipts were printed on tyvek.

we played around with the tyvek and even tested it out, unfortunately the audience always commented on the fact that it was not a real receipt (same with when we printed it on normal paper
comedydaredevil
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Quote:

Side note: When you watch Amber Lynn on the video does anyone else get reminded of a young Charlotte Pendragon in the way she looks, talks and acts? (minus the tats of course). Smile

lol
CTMentalist
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CTMentalist
I like this. The method is just what I thought, but very well worked out. If you are looking for something you can always carry with you, takes up virtually no space in your wallet, and packs a punch, give this a try.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
There is a typo in the explanation video graphic. No big deal. I was confused at first but I quickly figured it out.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I recently received this. Of course this is a PA. I love PAs.

I have an entire system that I use with PAs that I think is just tremendous.

What I found really useful was picking up a few subtle tips on performing with this.

I also really love how the code is printed right on the receipt. Genious!

I will likely re-create my own prop from my small local grocery store, but I found this just brilliant and I am so happy with this!

The way I would perform with this is to have several receipts in my wallet as I usually do between bills as I stuff change back into my wallet. If you have 3-4 receipts, 3 of which have just one, two, or three items on them and the organic choice receipt with more items, you don't need to do magicians choice or anything like that. The longer receipt justifies itself.

I have around a half dozen things in my wallet, including a few coins, a couple bills, rubber bands... Wallet space is at a premium. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY WALLET.

Very happy with the purchase!

KJ

p.s. by the way, Amber Lynn was way more enjoyable to watch on the video than... what was his name again? Smile
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Rick lax cannot handle a single shred of criticism. Though he is away from the Café, leaving it because he could not handle the tiniest amount of criticism that went his way, he obviously still cares as he is still sending emails. On his Facebook, he held a competition before his P&T Fool Us Performance, and the person who guessed what trick he would perform and the outcome would be the winner. I guessed he would perform binary code, and he would not fool them. He got angry at me because I guessed he would not be able to handle P&T.

If you want to see how much of a sook and a crybaby he is, go visit his Facebook page.
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
So if I understand this correctly this is doable only in english language,right? You cannot translate it and print recepies in other languages?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, davidmag wrote:
So if I understand this correctly this is doable only in english language,right? You cannot translate it and print recepies in other languages?

You would need to use the concept to create your own in a different language. If you get this, I would think that you would be able to create your own from the concept.

KJ
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm very pleased with "Organic Choice" it's a nice piece of impromptu mentalism that can sit innocently in your wallet. Was I fooled by the method? Of course not, I have a strong working knowledge of how such things should work. Will laypersons be fooled? You betcha! The receipts are printed to look innocent and will definitely pass examination. I'm actually happy they are not printed on Tyvek because that would call undue attention to them. If they can devise a way to mass produce the receipts affordably I would definitely buy them as a regular consumable.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, Fatgumbo wrote:
Rick lax cannot handle a single shred of criticism. Though he is away from the Café, leaving it because he could not handle the tiniest amount of criticism that went his way, he obviously still cares as he is still sending emails. On his Facebook, he held a competition before his P&T Fool Us Performance, and the person who guessed what trick he would perform and the outcome would be the winner. I guessed he would perform binary code, and he would not fool them. He got angry at me because I guessed he would not be able to handle P&T.

If you want to see how much of a sook and a crybaby he is, go visit his Facebook page.

You may be right. Rick seems to be a very positive person. I rarely see him criticize others and I think you are right, he really doesn't like criticism. Some people have just come to a point in their lives where they don't want to be surrounded by negativity.

KJ
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Not quite as good but too all the people who own this you could just move the info into this print then crumple feels almost the same!
http://www.fakereceipt.us/sales_receipt.php
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I knew how this worked, but still bought it. It is very good. The only negative I see is the ink will fade within a few months. It will help if you don't put it in the plastic picture part or any plastic.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Hi all I just wanted to chime in with my two cents for what it's worth I have this effect and I have gotten a chance on numerous occasions now to go out and work it in the real world it is definitely a killer effect. Unlike other progressive anagram effects, this one has a really good cover for the various words that are on the receipt Those of you who own it you know exactly what I mean, so for a progressive anagram effect this is truly remarkable a lot of thought has been put into this. This is very organic as the title says and a lot of fun to perform and so very practical.

However it does have very huge downside and one that I am not very happy about for one the ink on the receipt will fade mine is fading already and I've had it for less than a week, also the ink doesn't seem to be consistent because some receipts or more faded than others already, when you buy the effect you get three receipts for somebody who is working the real world A lot such as doing three or four gigs a week this is not going to last very long and it would've been nice had they have included a printable PDF that is set up so you could just print out new receipts yourself on fax paper or whatever type of paper feels like a receipt. This would actually be an easy fix for the problem if they could email out people that bought the affect the receipts on PDF otherwise you're going to be spending money on refills.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, Badger wrote:
Hi all I just wanted to chime in with my two cents for what it's worth I have this effect and I have gotten a chance on numerous occasions now to go out and work it in the real world it is definitely a killer effect. Unlike other progressive anagram effects, this one has a really good cover for the various words that are on the receipt Those of you who own it you know exactly what I mean, so for a progressive anagram effect this is truly remarkable a lot of thought has been put into this. This is very organic as the title says and a lot of fun to perform and so very practical.

However it does have very huge downside and one that I am not very happy about for one the ink on the receipt will fade mine is fading already and I've had it for less than a week, also the ink doesn't seem to be consistent because some receipts or more faded than others already, when you buy the effect you get three receipts for somebody who is working the real world A lot such as doing three or four gigs a week this is not going to last very long and it would've been nice had they have included a printable PDF that is set up so you could just print out new receipts yourself on fax paper or whatever type of paper feels like a receipt. This would actually be an easy fix for the problem if they could email out people that bought the affect the receipts on PDF otherwise you're going to be spending money on refills.

hey badger have you tried putting all the writing into the website I showed above?
Themediocremagician
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Themediocremagician
Can we buy refills? I think that would be very helpful.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Nice routine, however it would have been better if the font was a little bigger and easier to read. The words are pretty small and I think many spectators might have a hard time reading the words. I just read above complaint about the paper fading quickly, I hope that is not the case, otherwise this will be a very big disappointment.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
However it does have very huge downside and one that I am not very happy about for one the ink on the receipt will fade mine is fading already and I've had it for less than a week, also the ink doesn't seem to be consistent because some receipts or more faded than others already, when you buy the effect you get three receipts for somebody who is working the real world

I was curious about that as well. Most current receipts are printed on thermal paper as it doesn't require a more costly printer. The trade off is that they will fade in time based on how much they are exposed to UV light. If they are used a lot in daylight, they will fade faster.

I actually just wanted to buy the method as I own a receipt printer anyway but I guess I'll get the whole thing and just make up the spares once I get it.
Ray Pierce
comedydaredevil
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Quote:
On May 14, 2016, Ray Pierce wrote:
Quote:
However it does have very huge downside and one that I am not very happy about for one the ink on the receipt will fade mine is fading already and I've had it for less than a week, also the ink doesn't seem to be consistent because some receipts or more faded than others already, when you buy the effect you get three receipts for somebody who is working the real world

I was curious about that as well. Most current receipts are printed on thermal paper as it doesn't require a more costly printer. The trade off is that they will fade in time based on how much they are exposed to UV light. If they are used a lot in daylight, they will fade faster.

I actually just wanted to buy the method as I own a receipt printer anyway but I guess I'll get the whole thing and just make up the spares once I get it.

The gimmicks are Thermal printed
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I simply copied a header from my local grocery story on top of the receipt. But there are a few bugs in the receipt.

One is it was printed at 6 am. My store doesn't open until 8. Another is it shows the tax percentage.

So if you want a legit receipt you will have to do some work. I find I can get away with simply copying it on 20 lb paper.

But if you are detail oriented you won't be able to do this out of the box. A template would have been a better offering.
Themediocremagician
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Themediocremagician
Amber,
Can we order refills? It seems this will become necessary as they will quickly age and fade.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Organic Choice by Ryan Stock (GIMMICK + DOWNLOAD) (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL