The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Iris Deck: Mind-Reading in Full Colour (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Here is another mind-reading tool that will be available soon from me. The Iris deck can be used to create new effects or to enhance/simplify many of your favourites. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/fnT61oTpW74

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
It looks promising, Christopher. Be sure to demo it for us at the East Coast Mind Jam.

George
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
This does look quite interesting.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Looks good. What is written on the cards?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Here is a sample.

Christopher

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I like the design and the concept.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This deck looks good. Is anyone able to comment further or ideally post a review?

Neil
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
It's a familiar concept in a deceptively normal package. The cards are good quality, and they have the appearance of paint chip samples one would get from a hardware or painting supply store. Hard to say more without giving the method away, but the cards are well-made, and the secret works.

~Dave
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
Can you force any color in the deck or just green?
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, MentalMik wrote:
Can you force any color in the deck or just green?

I believe green.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I like the idea Mr. Taylor but I have never seen such cards offered in paint stores. Mostly they use strips of actual painted plastic held together by a grommet that you can fan through like a deck of cards. I think and this is not a negative just a critique that the deck will be suspect?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I like the idea Mr. Taylor but I have never seen such cards offered in paint stores. Mostly they use strips of actual painted plastic held together by a grommet that you can fan through like a deck of cards. I think and this is not a negative just a critique that the deck will be suspect?

Most of the paint stores and big box hardware stores in North America have these types of paint chips readily available... My wife is constantly bringing them home for the next "project" Smile
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Senor Fabuloso wrote:

Most of the paint stores and big box hardware stores in North America have these types of paint chips readily available... My wife is constantly bringing them home for the next "project" Smile

Could amyone direct me to the sources for those paint chips? I could not find them online. I do not own The Iris Deck but I think they are ***treated***. I need just plain color cards. Thanks!
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Is it the cards showned in your "At The Table Lecture" video ?
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Just ordered the Iris Deck. Looks great. There are so many routines you can do with thus including adding in some cold/color reading.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2018, bofx wrote:
Is it the cards showned in your "At The Table Lecture" video ?

yes.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Oooh, this looks great...I had another trick involving paint chips, from a French magician, don't recall creator or name of effect, that never properly worked.
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, dooblehorn wrote:
Oooh, this looks great...I had another trick involving paint chips, from a French magician, don't recall creator or name of effect, that never properly worked.

Colors by Allias ?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8550
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just received my Iris Deck. The cards and colors are great. Yo ucan use these cards by themselves or as part of a series of predictions or a multi-phased routine. There is a separate card in teh deck that incoudes the link to the video isn'tructions. There ae three separate, brief videos that discuss the deck itself, how to prepare the envelope used in the IRis number routine, and how to use the additional cards that come with the deck. The IRis Deck is extremely well made. The included routine is terrific or you can use this color deck for numerous routines that you can come up with. Hihgly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Iris Deck: Mind-Reading in Full Colour (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL