The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bruce Elliot's Monte as entertainment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Does anyone do the gaffed Monti explained in Bruce Elliot's "Professional Magic Made Easy". I've never seen that gaff used in that way.
I really like the idea of keeping my cards uncrimped, and not having any mis-spotted cards. Will it fly in the sometime turbulent air, close-up?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I was trying to be as opaque as I could. I'm asking about shorting one of the black cards so it will deal from the center position as if it is on the bottom. An automatic hyp.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Ringo,
I tried it as a young man, however, in those days my audience often wanted to “see the cards”.
Once busted, I never went back.
I learned the real toss and didn’t have a use for it.

Still, because no one touches my stuff anymore,
I think it’s a great way to do Skinner type routines with the flat, regular cards.

Also, the amount shaved can be really really thin and it works fine.

Peace,
Docc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bruce Elliot's Monte as entertainment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL