The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magma Teaser (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Thank you Dominic, I shall telephone you tomorrow to order.
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Oh!
another MAGMA? my impression wallets has same name,
looks like we put same name to different products,

looks nice gimmick.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I LOVE the idea of this as a concept but I'm trying to wrap my mind around the reality of this. I suspend reality all the time with metal bending and the power of the mind and love this like a superhero but in real life I think spectators think "your hand should be in pain if it were really hot!" And yet I can see adding smoke to a coin bend...Fire and smoke always make tricks better. Besides D'lites I'm not sure glows do in Real World. Am I off base here? Now performing for kids, sure..sold, but adults...mmm
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
As seen in the demo vid, Magma certainly enhances the WOW factor of some of the known effects. Looks to be a nice useful tool.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2016, MagicBrent wrote:
I LOVE the idea of this as a concept but I'm trying to wrap my mind around the reality of this. I suspend reality all the time with metal bending and the power of the mind and love this like a superhero but in real life I think spectators think "your hand should be in pain if it were really hot!" And yet I can see adding smoke to a coin bend...Fire and smoke always make tricks better. Besides D'lites I'm not sure glows do in Real World. Am I off base here? Now performing for kids, sure..sold, but adults...mmm

I don't think any normal adult would believe you are actually building heat in your hand. My 8 year old son watched this and said "he has a torch in his hand". I can see the appeal but I wouldn't worry too much about the "mystery" of this effect as its seems like more a but of fun than anything people will take too serious.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Kyle is just so trustworthy, we all know him, so the decision is easy, I have to indulge.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Ben Williams has been playing with Magma for a few days now, here’s our video from behind the magic shop curtains at MoM. Ben also tells you how to get the free expansion tuition video for Magma with extra routines, tips and ideas:

Magma is on the site at MoM now, shipping from the UK here: https://www.magicshop.co.uk/magma-by-kyle-marlett

Hope this helps you
Dominic Reyes
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Glow, fade, cutaway.
How does that cutaway take place in front of real people?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2016, EVILDAN wrote:
Glow, fade, cutaway.

It doesn't. You don't need any cutaways.

That's just how Ben shot the review in little takes. He could have equally stayed in that take and handled items etc.
The nature of the gimmick, especially it's unique construction means you can keep it in play as you handle items and perform your routines.

Check out the demo to see cards being handled fairly with the gimmick in play. You can even extend your hand flat!

Just ditch the gimmick at a natural point when you want. when putting stuff away, getting a pen, changing location in a group.... etc etc basic 101 stuff... Very very easy even for a total beginner.

Hope this helps you
Dominic
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
Glow, fade, cutaway.

They were hoping you wouldn't spot the cut lol it's obvious
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
Am I missing something? Or is this just a sanada gimmick with a light?
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
Glow, fade, cutaway.

No need to cut in real life lol. You have your hand "empty" (which can be shown MUCH flatter than any existing gimmicks like this) then your hand slowly begins to glow (it fades in) as your hand is completely closed, and then the glow fades away and you can once again show an "empty" hand. In the trailer, the part with the card shows how flat you can make your hand
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
I have been doing a lot of elemental type magic and I love the idea of Magma. I am going to use Magma with my smoke device to build up energy in-between my hands then shot a fireball with Pyro. Having the glow come first will kill.

-Altrez
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I see that Magma has a lot of potential in enhancing the WOW factor of many effects. I consider Magma to be an effective multipurpose utility tool. Imagination will be the only limiting factor. I wish people understand the potential and utility of Magma.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, altrez wrote:
I have been doing a lot of elemental type magic and I love the idea of Magma. I am going to use Magma with my smoke device to build up energy in-between my hands then shot a fireball with Pyro. Having the glow come first will kill.

-Altrez

I seriously don't think combining so much technology is good ... By putting Pyro inside too , I just think it's a little too much in the demonstration of superpower skill , smoke and Magma works well together though . But that's just me , if it works and feels comfortable on you , go ahead .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Quote:

-Altrez

I seriously don't think combining so much technology is good ... By putting Pyro inside too , I just think it's a little too much in the demonstration of superpower skill , smoke and Magma works well together though . But that's just me , if it works and feels comfortable on you , go ahead .

Hello,

I personally think that adding the fireball effect takes this all to the next level. It gives a reason for the smoke and the glowing hand. My routine is this "Please know I am still working on it" I give some patter about the new Xmen movie and how I have always wanted to have the power to control fire. I pull out my zippo and do a fickle fire / floating flame. I then say something like as my powers increased so did my body temp. I then do smoke phase one. I then look very focused and my hand starts glowing, smoking and then a fireball goes across the room.

Lots of work to do as its all presentation and special effects but I think it is workable for me and the places I go are full of geeks / nerds / cool people.

-Altrez
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi Altrez

I think that's a brilliant idea !

Rob
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, altrez wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Quote:

-Altrez

Hello,

I personally think that adding the fireball effect takes this all to the next level. It gives a reason for the smoke and the glowing hand. My routine is this "Please know I am still working on it" I give some patter about the new Xmen movie and how I have always wanted to have the power to control fire. I pull out my zippo and do a fickle fire / floating flame. I then say something like as my powers increased so did my body temp. I then do smoke phase one. I then look very focused and my hand starts glowing, smoking and then a fireball goes across the room.

Lots of work to do as its all presentation and special effects but I think it is workable for me and the places I go are full of geeks / nerds / cool people.

-Altrez

Now it seems sensible . Good idea ! Combining the gimmicks to create a super body demonstration might be something fun to try out , let me know how it goes when you've got all ready . Sadly it's not for me though since I appear more in formal events and overdoing it doesn't suit me , but I would love to hear how it goes Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
A quick note to the inventor anybody who has this what I would like to know and the reason being is if this is like a thumb tip or a sanada gimmick, The reason being is that I have big hands and other effects that I have bought in the past that use similar gimmicks were unable to fit my fingers. So if somebody could point out if this could work for me or not I have big hands and big fingers so if somebody could save me the trouble from ordering it and then have to send it back because it doesn't fit I would like to know this through a p.m. so please feel free to do so Thank you
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I'm not the inventor, but I pm'ed you anyway.

I have fairly big hands too, and the gimmick works fine for me. It's specially custom made so it has many unique functions.

If you are concerned, order it from Merchant of Magic and you are covered by MoM Care, so you can take up to a full year to return it for something else instead if its not for you.

Hope this helps you
Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magma Teaser (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL