The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Imagination Holding Coins DVD (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Kainoa Harbottle's new DVD is out. Any reviews?

(check it out here: http://www.kainoaland.com/shop/nbdvyuh2o......g4kwq4s2 )
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
There have been many reviews of coin related material posted here. I am waiting for delivery, so far Kainoa has never disappointed.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Let us know how it is when you get it. I agree he never disappoints (and will probably get it on that fact alone) but I also agree that I would rather see a review here (by actual coin workers) than in the latest and greatest with all the guessing from non coin magicians.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
First off, welcome to the Café. I do not add these thoughts in any way to put you down, only to explain why "I and many others" feel this post is just fine here. You will come to realize that the "rules" (although they really are rules) are always open to subjectivity and the mods do a fine job of placing them in the proper place when necessary. Feel free to use the"report this post feature" if you are really bothered by it. If not, just don't read it and go about your surfing. There are plenty of other topics on here as there are plenty of us "coin workers" who like to keep "coin related posts" here.

A good example of a post that needs moved would be above in the Workers section asking about a rubber band source that the effect has nothing at all to do with cards. It has been reported and will probably soon be moved to a proper section.

The latest and greatest section is for speculation, pondering methods ( and plenty of drama) and the tricks and effects is for reviews (but not a lot of people use it at all or even read it. I cannot speak for certain to the OP's reason but I would belies he wants to know from coin working peers rather than every new magi out there trying to hit the magic "50th" post. He is simply posting that he found something new and coin related and asking if anyone else knew of it yet. Many posters to this section never go to the other sections so this is often the only way they find out (in a timely manner) that some new coin stuff exists. I personally own almost everything Kainoa has ever released and was glad to come across this.

Anyway, as I stated, no ill intent meant, I am just saying comments "policing long term members" are not always taken well ( we do have some "long term members" who do it also from time to time that is not always taken well either.) Have a good day, I look forward to seeing this post grow here and learn something new from one of the best. Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Actually reviews are not supposed to be in Latest and Greatest. ALl reviews are supposed to be in the Tricks and Effects forum.

That said, I'll be ordering Kainoa's latest soon. Right now I am still going through his ebooks, as I much prefer the written word. Smile

Jim
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
Imagination Holding Coins is one of the three routines in Harbottle's ebook Paloozalicious. He also lectures on it in his Pemguin Live lecture (I believe it's that one). I was considering getting the dvd because there may some updates to the handling, but I'd like to hear from someone first.

A lot of Harbottle's stuff is very challenging, but Imagination Holding Coins is not particularly so. I enjoy performing for the young children I teach because it gives them a way to participate without me actually having to give them my coins to hold. I've had a couple of them ask me the next day when the invisible coin I left with them will become visible again. It's a fun routine.
Koheleth
View Profile
New user
New York
11 Posts

Profile of Koheleth
Got my copy last week. Its a good routine,I concur with the posts above in that it is easier to perform and learn quickly. That being said, its still top notch; all of Harbottle's stuff is. I would tend to recommend Victorian Coin & Glass by Harbottle if you have to choose one.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Besides all the "what to post where" bs (lighten up! geez), thanks to you guys adressing my question.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I cannot speak for certain to the OP's reason but I would belies he wants to know from coin working peers rather than every new magi out there trying to hit the magic "50th" post. He is simply posting that he found something new and coin related and asking if anyone else knew of it yet. Many posters to this section never go to the other sections so this is often the only way they find out (in a timely manner) that some new coin stuff exists.

spot on!
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This DVD actually isn't released . Kainoa had a small amount of them for sale as a pre-release. We are actually working son a ton of Kainoas material right now. The first one is his copper/silver work. Easy to do...powerful in the hands AND they come with a copper silver set by roy Keuppers for $40......great material that almost anyone can do
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Exciting! What kind of time frame should we expect with it?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, Kozmo wrote:
This DVD actually isn't released . Kainoa had a small amount of them for sale as a pre-release. We are actually working son a ton of Kainoas material right now. The first one is his copper/silver work. Easy to do...powerful in the hands AND they come with a copper silver set by roy Keuppers for $40......great material that almost anyone can do

If it is going to come with the set (I would assume half dollars) is there any way you can get Roy to make some Walker sets for an up charge to be included? Or... DVD only for those who may already have the needed gaffs. (Be it a C/S coin or a sun/moon set)? Not a deal breaker but worth asking.

Smile Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The next project is a Copper/Siver project. That comes with 3 copper coins and a copper silver.....there are 3 effete on the DVD.....all are good one is fantastic. Its going to cost $40.....its english pennys and US half Dollar
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2016, Kozmo wrote:
The next project is a Copper/Siver project. That comes with 3 copper coins and a copper silver.....there are 3 effete on the DVD.....all are good one is fantastic. Its going to cost $40.....its english pennys and US half Dollar

You meant that Roy Kueppers normally sells this copper/silver set at 40 dollars, and you get the C/S set + DVD for just 40 dollars ? That's really nice.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea for $40....in the next 2 weeks or so...its really good
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Uhh, Roy's C/S is usually ~$15. It's listed here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5449, which is technically out of stock, but is the same price on his site.

But I agree that this seems like a good price.
Will there be more in the "Kainoa on Coins" series?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
It also comes with the matching copper coins.....and yes there will be more Kainoa material......this material is almost self working....very easy to do.
murray
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of murray
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, RickDangerous wrote:

Most shops are selling just the DVD.

With "coded" or asterisked words, can somebody say exactly what sh***s or other gimmick(s) are required (which one or two shops seem to include, but of course at a higher price)?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sure!

There's a ***** ******, and a *************.

Smile

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2017, murray wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, RickDangerous wrote:

Most shops are selling just the DVD.

With "coded" or asterisked words, can somebody say exactly what sh***s or other gimmick(s) are required (which one or two shops seem to include, but of course at a higher price)?

That link no longer works. Kainoa changed his website a while back.You can now find it at http://www.magicofkainoa.com/shop/

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Imagination Holding Coins DVD (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL