The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic With Post It Notes (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnnykmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of johnnykmagic
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right spot but I'm interested in learning about all magic effects that use post it notes as a prop. I've seen a few nice ones recently, and there's something about the use of post its that really appeals to me. It can be any kind of effect - mentalism, card revelations, whatever, vanishes, transpo..only requirement is that it uses post its! Thanks for your time!! Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6258 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
That somewhat limits the repertoire!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ColtonRaelund
View Profile
Regular user
COLTON ZOROASTER RAELUND
112 Posts

Profile of ColtonRaelund
Hmmm.... Interesting act. You could bill yourself as "POST IT MAN! THE MAGICAL STICKY-NOTE SENSATION!".

Anyway, the only Post It trick that I have noted (pun) is in Joshua Jay's Magic, the complete course. It is called Post Bent.
~A Stanza Idea As Ink~
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7293 Posts

Profile of funsway
Discussed many times on the Café'
use the search engine
"there is real merit in the magician who tries to be creative – from such endeavors magic sustains its life energy." Harold Rice

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
johnnykmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of johnnykmagic
Thanks Dick and Colton, appreciate it!
johnnykmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of johnnykmagic
Thank you for the sage advice funsway
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6258 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You're welcome Johnny K!

I didn't mean that comment to be negative. --Just a statement of fact!

I can understand a beginner's interest! However, it's wise not to "specialize" before you understand a bit more.

I'll use my favorite mentor "story" to illustrate.

A ship is heading out to sea. A young sailor on his first voyage, is standing at the ship's rail, with an old veteran seaman. The young guy exclaims: "Man! That's a lot of water out there!" The old sailor responds: "What you see is just the top of it!"

In the circus, a "one trick pony" act, always finds it difficult to get booked!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1237 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello. You could make a flip book revelation of a selected card like cartoon . However it would have to be a !@#$*
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
814 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Tyler Wilson has a routine using Post It Notes called "Stick It To the Man."
aevans-1500
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
104 Posts

Profile of aevans-1500
Three Card Monte with post'its
"It's better to have 1 amazing trick than 3 good ones"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
4855 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Steve Schrott
chappy
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of chappy
Julian Moore's book Post-Justify has some great ideas for post-it notes.
Pointyskull
View Profile
New user
Chicago IL
11 Posts

Profile of Pointyskull
Clear Choice by The Thinking Paradox Team uses post-its for a nice mentalism bit..
CalebRose
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of CalebRose
I use post it notes as prediction card stuff. I have a card !@#$ed that is also written on the post it note. I have the spectator put it away while I do a couple tricks then finish up by having the card chosen. The reception is usually pretty good.
Cub Sines
View Profile
New user
Finland (Ostrobothnia)
3 Posts

Profile of Cub Sines
I've created one trick with post-it notes during my military year (I actually got the secret from my dream).

So the effect is: a spectator marks one note, which is folded 2 times. You place that note to plate & set it on fire. Then you take the ashes to your hands & make the spectator's marked note appear anywhere you want (on wall, floor, seiling, between your hands etc)! 100% impromtu, btw. If anyone knows if that kind of trick has been invented before, please let me know Smile
sjrw
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, Cub Sines wrote:
I've created one trick with post-it notes during my military year (I actually got the secret from my dream).

So the effect is: a spectator marks one note, which is folded 2 times. You place that note to plate & set it on fire. Then you take the ashes to your hands & make the spectator's marked note appear anywhere you want (on wall, floor, seiling, between your hands etc)! 100% impromtu, btw. If anyone knows if that kind of trick has been invented before, please let me know Smile

Check out The Drawing to Impossible Location on Wayne Houchin's Penguin Live lecture. It's not quite how you describe it, but quite similar.
Cub Sines
View Profile
New user
Finland (Ostrobothnia)
3 Posts

Profile of Cub Sines
Sjrw thanks for that! Don´t know Wayne´s method but I think it´s same that came into my mind
amirb401
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Use it for a center tear or any peak u'd like?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3003 Posts

Profile of Julie
Perfect for any one-ahead routine. Write your prediction(s) on the back/sticky side and fold the note in half to securely cover the writing until you're ready to reveal it.
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Post-its go well with NW-ing. R. Osterlind talks about it in his coverage of 13 Steps to Mentalism video series.
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3423 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
They make post it notes now that are almost entirely sticky on the back. I place one of each of three colors on 3 blank cards and do color monte.

Once I took a post it note and printed "clean your room or your allowance will disappear" and put it on my son's bedroom door. Funny thing was - the post-it disappeared Smile
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
DavidJComedy
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
47 Posts

Profile of DavidJComedy
Jay Sankey has a great "Stop me anytime" prediction effect where you continue to remove sticky notes until the spectator says stop, and you turn that one over which says stop me here. It's on his YouTube channel. I forget what he calls it. But the principle is old, and versatile for use with cards, business cards, etc.
David
davidjcomedy.com
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
104 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Great suggestion David, It sound like a great effect, I can't really find this sankey post it effect online.
Do you mind posting the link here?
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
51 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
In Troy's latest speacil their is a postit note trick when the dignities goes though the glass onto a postit note
ToShareIsLove
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of ToShareIsLove
So many funny replies here.
But it seems the majority are in agreement.
If you really just want to go full on post it, you seems to be heading towards mentalism.
Ofcourse you can do other effects, it's just that the bias to mentalism is pretty strong here.
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
New user
Naples, Fl
50 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
You could use post it's to form a magic square on any flat surface. Just a thought

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=99
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic With Post It Notes (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL