The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Informer by Lloyd Mobley (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

What do you think? Smile

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

"THE INFORMER" DEVICE
Marker pen with gimmick
Extra gimmick for pen
Online access to instructional video
Access to additional pens, gimmicks and devices

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE BEST "IMPRESSION DEVICE" WITH HIGH DEFINITION AND SENSITIVITY WHICH PRODUCE SUPER CLEAR QUALITY IMAGES WITH UNBELIEVABLE VERSATILITY, "THE INFORMER" IS THE ONE THAT WILL ELEVATE YOUR MAGIC/MENTALISM TO HIGHER LEVELS. THERE IS NO IMPRESSION DEVICE ON THE MARKET THAT CAN MATCH THE QUALITY AND SENSITIVITY OF "THE INFORMER". LLOYD MOBLEY PERSONALLY CONTACTED A FEW WORKING PROFESSIONAL MAGICIANS/MENTALISTS AND INFORMED THEM WHAT HIS DEVICE WAS CAPABLE OF DOING AND EVERY ONE OF THEM RESPONDED, "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE". THAT WAS WHEN HE DECIDED TO RELEASE "THE INFORMER".

KEY FEATURES:

High quality impression device
High resolution/high definition images
Cutting edge technology
Extremely versatile
Use in any memo pad or deck of cards or any other items
Quality of images do not diminish over a period of time
Very durable
12 times more sensitive than any others on the market
Place "Informer" 7-10 cards down in a deck and produce very clear images
Place "Informer" 20-25 pages down in a memo pad and produce very clear images
NO DEVICE CAN MATCH THESE CAPABILITIES
YOU ARE NOW CAPABLE OF PERFORMING THE IMPOSSIBLE

Available at: http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/......d-mobley

Best,
Martin
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
It all sounds good on paper. But without a demo it is kind of hard to say. Be good to see it in action.

Would love to hear more on it that's for sure.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
There's a demo here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

Can't understand much though.
Reader discretion is advised.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
The text in the video looks good.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Lmao Michael! Got me good.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
If it's as good as it suggests , then why not produce a better trailer ? This kind of trailers is as good as nothing , everything in the trailer is basically copying what's in the description . But so far I hope it's really as good as it's suggested , all these is not a major issue if the product is really that good .

And I wonder what's the pen that's provided .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, Martin Adams wrote:
Hi Guys,

What do you think? Smile

Martin you asking us what do we think...
We think if you already have it, you are in the perfect position to give us a perfect review Smile

Thanks!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In order to make an informed decision, The Informer needs to inform.

A better trailer please, especially if it is as good as it is claimed to be.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I can't find one review on this..... It must be top secret stuff......Smile

Ray
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2016, Martin Adams wrote:
Hi Guys,

What do you think? Smile

BTW what do YOU think Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
My curiosity got the best of me and so I took one for the team. The parcel arrived today and what I received was the exact same material as what is used in Paralabs "ParaPad". It is pre-cut and mounted to a Joker and includes a clear protective sleeve, a gaffed dry erase marker, and replacement magnet all elegantly packaged inside a decorative box with protective packaging.

The video is homemade and Lloyd goes through painstakingly detail to demonstrate how good the impression is. He also includes various mounting tips, teaches how to gaff a marker, and generally care for the device.

It seemed clear from the video that Lloyd stumbled upon this discovery himself (the material is used in the medical field) not knowing anything about Paralabs and their history with this technology. Surely, this is going to ruffle some feathers and likely be pulled from the market as it should be.

I own several Paralabs products and can attest to their superior quality. For certain, it appears that Lloyd didn't do much research prior to launching the product. But I was even more surprised that Murphy's didn't know about Paralabs or do more due diligence before putting this into the market.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's what I suspected. I have long used the ParaLabs material, both in the ParaPad and on playing cards. In addition, Paralabs sells a ParaPen construction kit that allows you to make your own pens with perfect precision.

I seriously doubt that Ranier or Thomas at ParaLabs were asked permission to release this.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, Jared wrote:

For certain, it appears that Lloyd didn't do much research prior to launching the product. But I was even more surprised that Murphy's didn't know about Paralabs or do more due diligence before putting this into the market.

Hmm Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

I also thought that it was like paralabs from the description of the effect.

Medical field? ......interesting...... I guess that I will be asking my brother about finding some.

Ray
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, mastermindreader wrote:

I seriously doubt that Ranier or Thomas at ParaLabs were asked permission to release this.

Right, Bob. In fact we learned about this release only by reading this thread.

Now, even if there is no need to ask for our permission technically or legally, but for us it would have been a matter of common sense and politeness to drop another creator at least a line in advance before launching a similar product.
For us it has always been self evident to inform related creators as a friendly gesture and a sign of respect.

But you know what? Even if this isn't common any more these days, we'll still act like this in the future nevertheless - even if it costs us a few bugs. It's a matter of ethics and moral ... and we're happy this way. Smile

Thanks for your awareness anyway, my friend!

Cheers
Th.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

It is common sense that a person SHOULD ask around to see if anything like this is out there.... The guy must know a little about Mentalism other wise, how would he even think of an imp pad? That tells you that he should have asked around.

Ray
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I agree - and having read about the effect, what Jared kindly found out, confirms my thoughts.

When it comes to Imp devices, Paralabs is in a league of its own and, as Bob mentions, I also thoroughly recommend their construction kit which allows you to gimmick pens yourself. A very satisfying process it is, too!

Neil
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Man, all this talk about Paralabs is making me want to buy something from them...... Crazy....I am on their web site going nuts at all their cool toys.

Ray
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, support paralabs, not those who don't do due diligence...
I've asked to be banned
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I have absolutely no proof supporting this observation. But in the video Lloyd seemed to have very little knowledge or experience with mentalism and imp devices. I just assumed that he was a hobbyist who discovered this revolutionary material and was eager to bring it to the market. Moreover, I suspect that he did a casual search with online magic retailers and found only the Psypher material to compare it to. I am not trying to make excuses for his laziness but unless you're fairly serious about mentalism than it's doubtful that you'd even know about ParaLabs since they're selective with their distribution. But since Murphy's was involved with the project you would assume they would have at least have heard about ParaLabs since they're both in the same industry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Informer by Lloyd Mobley (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL