The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Grandpa`s Spirit Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hello everyone!
Maybe some people know my Videos of the Impossible Foldings and Pocket Riser and some other Instant Downloads.

I came up with this idea, because many people asking about on how to make my Impossible Bottles (Sealed Deck of Cards in Bottles and other Impossible Objects).
So I make a mix on how to make a Impossible Object and use this to make a full Mentalism Routine.
Avaible on Lybrary.com and soon on Penguin Magic.com

Please forgive my bad english.
Thank you!

http://www.lybrary.com/grandpas-spirit-bottle-p-847582.html
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
What is the purpose of the bottle with a card box inside? What is the reason of it in the routine? One card is selected from a set of five...... And you then tell the person their selected card..... Where does the bottle come in?

Better yet, why would my G-Pa have a bottle with a brand new card box inside?

Ray
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Sorry:-) The Spectator could place the Bottle himself on any of the five cards. And with the help of the bottle you could reveal the free selected card in a very unique ways (5 way out ).Best Regards!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Oh, cool....

I would change the name of the effect. Why would a G-pa have this bottle? A pocket watch would fit the theme better. My G-Pa use to have bottles that was once filled with alcohol, so I guess that could be called a spirit bottle. But I still don't see the connection between a bottle with a brand new card box inside belonging to an old guy. I have done seances and have used a spirit glass and glass moving. I have also use a little bottle with the Witch Hazel routine. But nothing like this before. It remains me of having a little toy car that you place on the tabled cards. Remember that routine?

Do you have a back story that explains the reason of the prop? Maybe that is what I am missing. I would just have a bottle with an old cork. Also an old key and fishing line. Now that would fit a real G-Pa. Drinking and going fishing is what a GPa would do. Along with the key that opens the backyard shed, so that PaPa could sleep it off in there. Because G-Ma would kick his butt if he came home drunk........ Tie the fishing line around the cork or have it already set through the cork. Have the key tied to the line making a pendulum...... Place the key inside of the bottle and seat the cork. Now the key is seen hanging inside of the bottle. Now place the G-Pa spirit bottle on the cards one at a time. When the bottle is resting on the selected card. The key (pendulum) starts to swing INSIDE of the bottle, letting everyone know that old G-Pa has found the selected card..... Even though I can't think of a reason why he would as this is played.

Yea, I would change the name of the effect.

Ray
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Thanks for your Ideas Ray!Yes, there is a back story. Sorry, must go to bed now. Will post more tomorrow!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Also, what makes this a full Mentalism routine? Even the title suggests that this is a spooky bizarre routine and not mind reading. If a bottle is finding the selected card, then it isn't Mentalism. It now becomes the spirit of the dead PaPa and NOT the performer abilities of finding the card.

I would change the title.... Maybe, The Magic Bottle.....

Ray
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Sorry for the alte reply. Anyone who wann More informations please PM me! Then I could get into details. Thanks!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'd like to know how labor intensive the making of the bottle is with regards to time and materials to make (tools). I like how it's used as a revelation than just an impossible object.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
It is realy easy. If you make your first bottle you need a stick, tweezers, a bottle and a deck of cards. After your 5 or 8 Bottle you make them in 6 or 8 minutes. After your 20 Bottles you need 3 or 4 maybe 5 minutes.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is there a demo of the revelation? I still don't quite get what the end reveal looks like. A card outside the deck box within the bottle?
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
There is no Demo for this. It´s a five way Prediction. To all they wanted to know more please PM me!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Curiosity has got the betterment of moi.
KJ
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
What does It mean?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It means I purchased it. I really enjoyed the explanation of how to create a deck in a bottle. Very nicely explained. Not too crazy about the effect, but like the bottle explanation.
KJ
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Ahh.. O.k. Thank you. Smile
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
There are YouTube videos explaining, how to put things in bottles. Is there anything special, about how you do it?
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hello Paul. I on the Video I explain how to put the Deck in with Minimum on creases. Look at my Blog Please. I know how to handle my bottles. ( only a Preview of some work) Best regards. Ralf https://impossibottlesandmore.blogspot.de
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Only 100 Euro ( 116 Dollar) for the Sealed Deck in Bottle Tutorial if someone interested. Paypal only.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Grandpa`s Spirit Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL