The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fingers by Mickael Chatelain (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Http://www.gimickmagic.com/fingers.html

This might be the most impressive card change effect I've ever seen. Looks amazing.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
God, I love this guy's tricks! How the heck this works I cannot imagine.

Before I shell out 30 euros, though, I want to know which is more effective to a spectator:

1. Changing a card at your own fingertips, like Fingers OR
2. Showing the wrong card, doing a TC or a DL, so that it changes to the right card in their hands?

I know, perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges . Maybe it's not even fair to put the two effects side-by-side. but I still wonder.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2016, Ross W wrote:
God, I love this guy's tricks! How the heck this works I cannot imagine.

Before I shell out 30 euros, though, I want to know which is more effective to a spectator:

1. Changing a card at your own fingertips, like Fingers OR
2. Showing the wrong card, doing a TC or a DL, so that it changes to the right card in their hands?

I know, perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges . Maybe it's not even fair to put the two effects side-by-side. but I still wonder.

Good point. David Blaine just used a DL to change the card which was done on TV! So I really don't think it will make that much of a difference. Especially for 30 euros!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
As much as I love everything Mickael Chatelain puts out, this just seems like a very complicated handling for a classic effect. I don't see what this gimmick does that a Snap change, a TC or a DL does in the eyes of the spectator.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I don't understand these comments when everyone is super hyped over Hondo's flap card project. same premise.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I don't understand these comments when everyone is super hyped over Hondo's flap card project. same premise.

First and foremost, I believe that there is a difference between Fingers and Hondo's project, the most prominent one being that Hondo's flap can be done without any apparent cover or just a subtle wave of the hand (something which is harder to recreate with sleight of hand). On the other hand, Fingers isn't as clean looking or startling (IMHO) as you have to 'violently' cover and gesture on top of the card (I'm using violently for lack of better words). I see where you are coming from, but Fingers looks like something I can recreate with sleight of hand (not only with a DL or a Snap Change). On the other hand, these same sleight of hand techniques cannot or are extremely difficult to be applied on Hondo's flap card project. I like the look of this, yet I see it as unnecessary when I can recreate a very similar effect in the eyes of the spectators just using skill.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ross, alexlatorre and myself never expressed any hype in the Hondo's Flap thread. It does seem that if you want to go this route- Hondo's project would be the way to go since his project is going to show you how to construct the gimmick. With Mickael- when it breaks you will have to buy another expensive gimmick. Big difference.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Not sure how you can comment on how fragile it is as it says "You know the FLAP cards? Well forget all this for a moment because FINGERS is not a FLAP card as you know!" So unless you've seen the workings, not sure how you can make that comment. Also this works with a signed card as shown in the trailer, so its likely not the same working as a typical flap card. Additionally, if you choose to make a flap card with latex or a dental dam type material instead of elastic thread, its not fragile at all.

Obviously if you want to compare it to a TC or DL, well that's a very different effect you're going for as doing it in the open is far more visual.

But to each their own... I think this looks fantastic.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I agree- does look fantastic. But the comment was if this will be that much more effective on a spectator than simply using a DL or TC. It's not a different effect- in both cases you show a card that is not the spectators card- then that card changes into the spectators card. They are the exact same effect. FINGERS is definitely more visual than the other. But- if the spectator has never seen this type of effect, will their reactions truly be greater with FINGERS? I truly do not think so.

Also, if this gimmick has no possibility of breaking I would love for that to be confirmed. Then it might be a worthwhile investment.
kevishu
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Another difference between FINGERS and Hondo's seamless flap is that FINGERS appears to allow the appearance of a "signed" card. Just pointing out a difference. Whether it's significant to you is your own preference. Obviously, a TC/DL could accomplish the same thing, but the difference here is the TC/DL needs to be done with the deck behind it (or several cards). FINGERS seems to work as a single card change, as does the Snap Change. But the only Snap Change I know leaves your hand dirty. Not sure how FINGERS appears to look clean, with the card being able to be handed out and hands shown empty. Obviously, something is not fully disclosed here, but as of right now, FINGERS looks quite impressive. Wait and see, again.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
True. Obviously a gimmick is in play. After the SNAP change are you left clean like you are with a DL?

Also, Justin Miller has a change using only two cards and no gimmicks. Of course the card that changes has to be gamblers copped away. But the change looks exactly like this and there is nothing that may break during performance.

RNK
kevishu
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kevishu
I just keep a very open mind looking for improvements in everything. Magic or not. Not saying we don't all look for improvements. But I notice a lot of times people here want to criticize a soon-to-be-released trick because it could be accomplished with old methods. Nothing wrong with discussing those things. But just because a certain effect can be accomplished with one method doesn't mean another method can't be introduced that might solve a certain aspect of it, or allow for a different type of flexibility that other methods don't allow. We all have our strengths and weaknesses in what we can do. I prefer to not have to gambler cop a card away, nor tenkai palm it, or whatever. It's my preference. But I'll do it if necessary, as I don't always like gimmicks either. They can look great under the right conditions, but I would agree that good old fashioned palming is great, too, under the right conditions. I'm just always looking for easier ways to do amazing things. But that's really what we're all doing here, whether we realize it or not.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I agree , I like improvements as well . While the old methods may work perfectly , new methods are always good to have or create . This looks awesome especially for the signed card , but the durability ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Mickael
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Mickael
FINGERS
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, Mickael wrote:
FINGERS

excellent contribution
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
FINGERS
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Oh do you think he is sticking his FINGERS up at us,lol
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2016, alexlatorre wrote:

On the other hand, Fingers isn't as clean looking or startling (IMHO) as you have to 'violently' cover and gesture on top of the card (I'm using violently for lack of better words). On the

You don't have to cover the card or wave fingers across it. Watch the demo from 1:12 and you'll see he does it without cover. Looks amazing.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

Fingers now available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......hatelain

Best,
Martin
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Please tell me you can hand the card out to be examined.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fingers by Mickael Chatelain (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL