The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smoke 2.0 by Alan Rorrison (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Yes I have. After only having it a few months it stop charging. This is my 2nd one. Love the effect but wont be buying any more anytime soon.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just get the original,have ah it for 5 months now and no problems! Good amount of smoke as well!

Sleepy
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry if any one is having any issues. Ill have a chat with the guys at theory11 to see if thete are any issues or if itsnjust a few rouge bad units... saddly that can happen with any supplier..

If you have any issues with your unitbpleqse contact support@theoty11.com
lyle.borders
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of lyle.borders
Hey everyone!

Alan just let me know about this thread. Defects do indeed happen, and we recently had a batch of gimmicks where we had a higher than acceptable defect rate with the chargers. We are using new higher quality units in Smoke 2.0 now that so far seem to have far fewer issues.

If your unit stops working, let us know at support@theory11.com and we will get things sorted right out for you.

// Lyle Borders
Vice President of Operations
www.theory11.com
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, lyle.borders wrote:
Hey everyone!

Alan just let me know about this thread. Defects do indeed happen, and we recently had a batch of gimmicks where we had a higher than acceptable defect rate with the chargers. We are using new higher quality units in Smoke 2.0 now that so far seem to have far fewer issues.

If your unit stops working, let us know at support@theory11.com and we will get things sorted right out for you.

// Lyle Borders
www.theory11.com

Good to hear. I was a huge fan of the original Smoke. But I went through THREE Smoke 2.0 gimmicks and had to return them all as none of them worked. Very, very poor quality. If you stand behind 2.0 though I would love to give it another go.
jtbmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jtbmagic
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, Exitmat wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, lyle.borders wrote:
Hey everyone!

// Lyle Borders
www.theory11.com

Good to hear. I was a huge fan of the original Smoke. But I went through THREE Smoke 2.0 gimmicks and had to return them all as none of them worked. Very, very poor quality. If you stand behind 2.0 though I would love to give it another go.

Am waiting on my 3rd one too. If I receive another defect I may try purchasing off Theory 11 if they can guarantee a working unit!
ades888
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of ades888
Hi, can 2.0 be taken apart like 1.0 to end up with just the internal unit for certain uses (like Greg Wilsons imaginary cigarette version)?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2017, ades888 wrote:
Hi, can 2.0 be taken apart like 1.0 to end up with just the internal unit for certain uses (like Greg Wilsons imaginary cigarette version)?

yes
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, JD_UK wrote:
I use to love Smoke but vaping is so common now it's easy to work out with a little back tracking imo. E-cigs killed it for me! Shame as I used to love it!

This was only made because of e cigarettes coming out in the first place . You can buy cartridges from any shop and make your own with sharpies and they write . Guys out our magic club were doing this 6 or so years ago Tom
Jambo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jambo
I love this effect, its well made and if routine right is very strong
Baz5535
View Profile
New user
Chigwell
20 Posts

Profile of Baz5535
Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges in the UK?

Many thanks
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Some nice effects can be achieved with this but mine broke down quite quickly also, low quality batteries seems to be the issue. Surprisingly hard to find the same thing locally. Will request replacement from T11.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Do they even make this and refills any more ? Seems out of stock every where?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got one from vanishing inc so maybe try them. I first pinged Alan about the quality control issues and he said all such issues have long been corrected. Hopefully he’s correct but I haven’t tried mine yet.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Looks like they are out as well . Can the refills be purchased from any vapor type shop ?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Mine quit working after so long and would not even charge.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
With the advancement in the vaping industry there should be a newer version or sorts that could be made
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Recharges are more and more difficult to find. I have managed to find an off-brand e-cig from china that fits (barely) because I cannot find cartomizers for it anymore. Kind of annoying, I agree there should be an update but the trend for commercial vaping devices is to go big instead of small....
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Theory11.com sells the device and refiles I beleive.

I hope this helps
Karl_Escobar
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Karl_Escobar
Has anyone tried the new refills that T11 sells? They say on their Instagram its not rechargeable anymore and that you get multiple single use units that will last a long time. Just wondered if anyone has tried this new version of the gimmicks yet and how they fair over time?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smoke 2.0 by Alan Rorrison (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL