The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40..43~44~45 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Totally agree Ustaad. I'd be spitting feathers if that was the case.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This looks fantastic!
Just wondering, how does this differ from Collaboration Cube which is 1/5 the price?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Seems some disagreement on switch or not. I thought I saw one but then that makes no sense. Why? Because the AD says two cubes included......that would mean you would be using three cubes if a switch was in play would it not?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Man, that looks amazing!

So this is the one that Garrett Thomas was using after all? The site description noted him as one of the five pros GW gave this routine to so that's the way I'm interpreting that tidbit.

Anyway, I'm definitely considering this though the price is steep and will only get steeper.

Question...the ad copy says that you get two cubes and a gimmick (the latter of which does "all the work"). Safe to assume that there is something to ditch and the cubes are otherwise normal? Or is it self contained in a gimmicked cube.

I guess for my needs, I'm hoping to determine if the price is for a technological wonder of a cube? Or is it really more for the routine?

Maybe it's both?

Worth it either way, but hoping it's a really cool prop at that price.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I would think they are self contained. I think Garrett beta tested this one. Not the same as his. I had enchanted cube long ago. Having the spec mix it is really fantastic. Going to be a lot of speculation over the next few weeks but that is what makes the Café fun .....
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
I would think they are self contained. I think Garrett beta tested this one. Not the same as his. I had enchanted cube long ago. Having the spec mix it is really fantastic. Going to be a lot of speculation over the next few weeks but that is what makes the Café fun .....

Yes its looking like Garrett may have b/tested this, whether that is the case is not I would welcome this into my repertoire without hesitation, hell would pay twice the advertised price!! as this is without a shadow of a doubt one hell of a reputation maker.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Clever stuff. But after watching the full performance video (link above) it's not for me. Very clever though.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Why not Roslyn may I ask? This piece has kept me up all night! Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, Roslyn wrote:

Clever stuff. But after watching the full performance video (link above) it's not for me. Very clever though.

After watching the video I agree with Roslyn. It's clever but . . . Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, Decomposed wrote:

Why not Roslyn may I ask? This piece has kept me up all night! Smile

@ Decomposed: The answer is THIS:-

Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, Decomposed wrote:

Full performance, watch the second phase closely.

https://vimeo.com/171481592?from=outro-embed

He is really really fast, and sneaky. I got the sneaky down but the second phase, well, not everyone can be Greg Wilson..... Smile Smile

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I love the look of this!!

I do have a couple of questions before buying though.

I would like to know if there really is no cube-solving involved (even in phase one).

My feeling is that by saying "No legitimate cube-solving necessary" that may mean it's not necessary if you don't perform phase 1.

Also, I would like to know the reset. Do you have to genuinely solve the cube to reset it for the next performance?
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I think that you can do the effect without having to know how to solve a cube, although I think it's always better to know how to do so, specially that it's not that hard to do

My question about this is :

- Can we freely handle the cube after solving it, can we give it to a spectator after each phase?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have more questions then answers. I do not think you need to be able to solve the cube at all. Possibly for Cube 3 you do?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Some great questions Ypnoze and David! The more I watch the video, the more I think that its possible no one is 100 percent on this one!! Smile

SLowing down the one handed behind the back looks like, ummm real magic? I may need to watch again, (have not slept) but it does not appear to be solving....it just happens? Maybe after slumber I will watch again...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Danny,

I also wanted this to be self working, I know how you feel. I am pretty lousy at solving the cube, I even messed up the Enchanted Cube more then one time lol.....It will take some work and practice like anything I reckon that is good. My worries are that I would mess it up and not remember how to get it together again lol.

Decomposing Plastic Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Looks fantastic! Might have to pre-order this to save the $100.00!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, RNK wrote:
Looks fantastic! Might have to pre-order this to save the $100.00!

Yes I know how you feel Bob, $100 smackers is a big savings....
derekostovani
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of derekostovani
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Full performance, watch the second phase closely.

https://vimeo.com/171481592?from=outro-embed

He is really really fast, and sneaky. I got the sneaky down but the second phase, well, not everyone can be Greg Wilson..... Smile Smile

When you watch the second phase, it doesn't look like he switches anything, yet I believe he ADDS to the existing mixed up cube. It's probably a type of shell.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi,

I was lucky to see Greg wilson perform this a long time ago....the effect is crazy, really !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL