We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do I approach people? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daston
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Daston
I walk up, introduce myself, and offer a business card. It helps to have a regular gig like a restaurant and invite them to see you perform. I like to offer a quick demo of what I do and play it by ear when to quit. I usually don't show more than three effects. You know you have done well when they show up with friends at your gig.
Vitas White
View Profile
New user
Boston
37 Posts

Profile of Vitas White
This might sound trivial but depending on the area, you might want to emphasize that you don't expect any money after your performance (unless of course, you do!). I find that often times people will avoid me on the streets of New York or Boston for fear of me panhandling. I find when I approach people and say "excuse me, are you guys interested in seeing some magic? I'm not looking for any tips, just a chance to show off some of my skills..." I get a lot more positive responses!
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it now. Boldness has genius, power, and magic at its core.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do I approach people? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL