The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Trip to London (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Will be going to London at end of month for 5 days. Any shows or special sites to visit that are magic related? I know there are a few magic shops there from doing google search.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Davenport's and International Magic are the two that come immediately to mind.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I went to both when I was in London in July. Very different vibes. Davenport is in the tube station at Charing Cross. Be careful, as you might have to step over sleeping vagrants to get to it (a little creepy). Of course, International Magic is more off the beaten path, and has more "fun shop" items to offer. Ultimately, I enjoyed going to both.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2016, drmagico wrote:
Will be going to London at end of month for 5 days. Any shows or special sites to visit that are magic related? I know there are a few magic shops there from doing google search.

I'll be there next month. Did you find any must-see shows or shops?
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Saw show "The Magic Hour" with Sonic (Tony Middleton). The show was very good. Venue is a beautiful Victorian hotel in London. Check to see if it is there. The location may changed since I was there 2 months ago. www.magichourshow.com
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
I was in London again last week. "The Magic Hour" wasn't performing while I was there, but I did finally make it to Davenports and International Magic.

Davenports' location is nutz; definitely follow the directions on their website to get there. International Magic is in a really cool place. I recommend hitting both.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
How about Alakazam? If you follow their weekend talk shows and weekday live shows, then a visit is a must to meet Dave, Andy, Harry and Peter in person!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Trip to London (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL