The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Best illusion ever!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I too love Copperfield's Flying, specifically the moment at the end where the falcon flies to his wrist, and rides there as David flies away. It's my favorite single moment in all the magic I've ever seen!

John Tudor
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
DC's Great Wall of China: I'm so happy he thought about THAT Wall.
Herrick, Jeff
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Herrick, Jeff
What about DC's The Fan? The music, the vanishes Great magic.
Jeff
I'm not looking to be a big star in magic
and that's working out REALLY good so far.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I just love when Rudy Coby bends down, grabs a long cloth and then stands up to show that he is now about 17 feet tall with his head and hands poking out the top and his legs on the bottom. (Where is that guy anyway?)

I also rather like watching Sylvester The Jester blow his head off. That's not only impossible to see, but HILARIOUS to watch.

I like anything creative performed by someone who's a little off the wall.

(I also have to toss in another vote for Osmosis...Pure art.)
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Quote:
On 2004-04-14 01:13, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I think Blaine reaching thru the store window glass was perfection. It sort of flew past everybody in magic, I think....but it was a terrific and impossible trick. Pure effect, as they say.

I also agree this one was amazing. It's the one where he gets someone watch from a jewlers window. Looks like he sticks his hand right thru the window to retrieve the watch, that he magically took from the spectator.

But my favourite is the Laser Illusion by Copperfield created by Steve Fearson. Seen both videos and the Copperfield version is very polished. Looks as though he is cut in half.

The Fearson version is also amazing but the qulity of video is poor. Amazing illusion. Thanks Steve!
thefifth
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of thefifth
Pen and Teller's Bullet Catch
[email]info@williampenix.com[/email]
www.williampenix.com
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Penn & Teller's bullet catch is a beautiful illustration of how great presentation talent can breathe new life into a classic trick and bring it bang up to date. I'd definitely it among the best ever illusions. I like Copperfield's Flying for his presentation skills - the method ain't exactly rocket science but the way he makes it look is superlative.

But I also want to make a case for what I'd describe as the cardboard swordbox - Andrew Mayne's "Voodoo Box" is one of the better known commercial variants. What I like about this illusion is that the very simplicity of the prop (just a cardboard packing crate that can be inspected) adds to the convincingness - it doesn't look like a traditional magician's prop that could have all sorts of clever stuff in its constuction. When done well this illusion looks genuinely dangerous and is a real knockout. (Shahid and Lisa Malik are one act that have done a great version)
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
I don't necessarily think that bigger is better. I feel that "Crazy Mans Handcuffs" is one of the best close up illusions. (If don't correctly of course).

DC's "Snow" and Cocoon are two of my favorites.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Razamatazz
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
8 Posts

Profile of Razamatazz
Many of you are forgetting about small stage illusions. My favourite stage illusion I have seen recently is so good that all I have shown since have agreed they loved the effect. I know this idea is not particularly new these days but it just shows you what you can do with something so simple as a dacing hanky.

I know you all think I'm made - but go to this link below and tell me you didn't enjoy this simple little effect !!!

Oh the illusion ........ is the invisable thread system !!!

Illusions don't have to be big to be great !!!

Go see it now at:
http://www.tilfordillusions.com/video/pr......eed.html

What do you think guys
- Andy
Pro Magicians / Husband & Wife Team
Children's Magic to Illusions
Have Fun Life Is Magic !!!
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Okito floating ball, and Lions Bride are my two favorites of all time, I do however really like the chair suspension if the performance is right....The funny thing is these are not the 20 thousand dollar illusions. But they are great!
murcielago1687
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of murcielago1687
Fearson / Copperfields sawing was amazing so realistic and jsut breathtaking
James Whitney
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
They all seem good.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I have to go with Copperfield's "The Fan"
a beautiful sequence with great misdirection. His intro patter was pretty good as well.
The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
Ok. Finally is my turn Smile
I belive if somebody like a levitation more that a penetration etc will choose a levitation effect to be the best.Also the same with people who think that a practical illusion is better from an expensive or angle strict or special environment illusion.

so, I think I have to split the answer to different categories so:

Big production: I think Dirk Arthur's helicopter production is the best becauuse the apearance was fast and also that a helicoper is not something common to appear on stage like a car or motorcycle. Also the milion dollar illusions is great because you do a big production there too.

Big vanish: I will never forget France Harrare who not only vanish the jet but also the whole ciosk as well the people who where at the sides behind it.

Regarding a stage illusion that can almost performed in any veniou for the everyday magician I think Head off (head slide to the side and the remove it to the side cabinet)is the best illusion. U can perform this illusion with or without the extra cabinet.

Regarding illusion that can work anywhere at any distance surrounded that MUST be broom suspension.

Free Levitations: I think Peter Marvey did a great job.

Now regarnig escapes etc I think houdinis water cell escape.This is also the scuriest illusion according to me.

Cut in half: DC's version is great. Also trasparent swawing a lady in half is great too.

And last I think the best for its method simplicity is steven Fearsons cut in half (performed by DC)

These are few categories I cant mention all because it will take more than a day Smile

And FINALLY if I had to choose 1 and only 1 I will say that I CAN'T DO THAT Smile

but I can say that if you perform head off illusion, helicopter appear and Steven's Fearson cut in half in 1 show IT doesn't MATTER WHAT OTHER TRICKS U DO Smile
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
Godel
View Profile
New user
California
71 Posts

Profile of Godel
David Copperfield Car Appereance/Lotto Prediction in his show. Amazing, absolutley amazing..
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Hasnt anyone been to see Lance Burtons show in Vegas.
All of his illusions sent shivers down my spine, but the most incredible illusion I have ever seen is his opening production. That for me was awesome. The best. Period....
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
I love Rick Thomas Show in Vegas...Lance has a great show too...

Anw, here are my favourite illusions :

Levitations - Copperfield's Flying and Rick Thomas performance of the "Air Time" illusion by Garry Oullet.

Penetration - Robert Gullup's Glass Penetration Illusion.

Sawing in Half - Copperfield's The Blade and of course "Death Saw". Daniel's Summer "Cutting Edge"(Cutting into 7) is a fantastic illusion too.

Appearence Illusion - Copperfield's Elevator!!!

Vanish - The Asrah Illusion ( This has always been my favourite illusion to watch and perform )

Transposition - Copperfield's Coccon ,Greg Frewin's Shrouded Transition and John Taylor's Suspended Animation.

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
MagicKev
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of MagicKev
I recall the first time I saw Copperfield perform the Death Saw live. He hadn't performed it on television yet, so I had no idea what to expect... I (and the rest of the audience) was completely shocked.

Flying is probably the most elegant levitation illusion ever.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
The new Lottery ilusion is DC's show a stunning appereance of a car and prediction effect with a great story..
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
My own helicopter vanish illusion I invented,i cant believe I thought of it.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Best illusion ever!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL