The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murray Mint by Michael Murray (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
A few weeks ago I attended a lecture my friend John Carey was doing at the Newcastle Magic Circle & ofcourse the lecture was fantastic(as always), so thank's for that Mr Carey.

Another surprise was my friend Mikey M(also known as Michael Murray the mental person, sorry the Mentalist) was present.

Mikey asked if I had seen Eygypsian Ink( do you like the miss spelling of the effect ?). I told him I hadn't been to the cinema for a while & he said "No mike, I mean the magic effect from Sans Minds" I said "No is it any good as some of the stuff is great & some not so good"

Anyway Micheal showed me his take on it. Obviously I am very familiar with basic sleight of hand coin magic, so followed what was happening but at the sane time I didn't relise how the signature had jumped to a different size, look, value & weighted coin.

I immediatelly asked Mikey M when this was to be released as I HAD TO HAVE ONE.

Anyway a few weeks later I rang him & he said they were available now.

We arranged to meet on the rare day he was in Magicbox.

I was really looking forward to this so Michael decided to fool me again & forgot to take one into Magicbox for me
Well I threatend to turn up naked at Magicbox & he begged me not to & said instead if I came to his house at about 6.30pm I could have one. The only condition he put on this is that I had to be fully clothed .

To cut a long story short I was taken through the variations off Michael & I was very suprised how simple & versatile the gimmick & handerlings were. This was even easier & better & more practical than I ever could have imagined,

I used it today in a pro. show several times at a wedding.There are several routines on the DVD, but I stuck to the basic one & only on one occasion I did the Anniversary Waltz routine by Ian Wragg the great madman RAGGY.

The bride & groom were really taken by this & I know people often say they will keep this as a souvenir (& to be honest sometimes I think "NO THEY WON'T") But, the groom said we will keep this as she had her hands around his it was a perfrct picture & now they have a lasting reminder of the big day.

Go to www.mindfx.co.uk to see this.

I am not going to detail the various routines as Michaels site does this but it's that good I can see CAR BATTERY sorry got the name wrong DYNAMO doing this on television.

Mike Donoghue PRO. Magician & MIKEY M fan
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I'm confused now. Is this an effect he's releasing or just a story about you and Michael. I can't work it out and must be going thick in the head 😀 Was you talking about the sans minds trick or a new one?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi Sean,

so sorry for the confusion but if you read the above again it says " I rang him a few weeks later & he said they were available now".

Also the title of the post is "Murray Mint" no mention of Eygypt in that.

Also if you click the link www.mindfx.co uk which is Mr Murrays site you will see this is Michael's version.

Check it out Sean, you will be pleased you did as this is a really good practical development from Micheal called MURRAY MINT.I knew as soon as I saw him perform it that thios was practical & open to many variations.You will like this but more importantly you will USE THIS.
Best Wishes,

Mike Donoghue
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I heard about this midweek through the chatter of Facebook Gary Jones was raveing about it so I new I needed it as I trust Gary's judgment as a worker.

I ordered from http://www.mindfx.co.uk I had it the next working day

The gimmick is well made and a lot of thought has gone into it at the moment it's uk mony but I heard from mickel euro and us coins will be available soon.

The filming quality is not Overpoduced and shiny but the content is brilliant and everything think is well taught and there a lovely coin switch I have never seen before called th no no switch.

I haven't worked it yet as me and the wife just had a baby but plan to use it next week but already no from experience it's a worker I think it will get overlooked but for 20 pounds it's a no brainier

10 out of 10 for me

Kieron johnson
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
He is trying to tell people about the effect Murray Mint, which is Michael Murray's take on a signature transposition from coin to coin. Think Egyptian Ink, but actually usable.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
The thing I'm just excited by this I don't often put others concepts in my act' I do the stuff I create myself but this is just one of those rare gems.

Kind regards

Kieron
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Password needed? even more confusion
May your darkness come quickly
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NebA
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2016, drjohn wrote:
Password needed? even more confusion

Yeah I don't know what happened, I've visited his website in the past and never needed a password. Might just be a temporary thing
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Murray Mint by Michael Murray is a genius effect, you can have a spectator sign a £2 coin, and the signature will genuinely be on a totally different coin.

I have had this for a few weeks now and have had great reactions using it. There are a few routines to get you started, but it is something that will get your creative juices flowing.

Highly recommend by me.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Firstly, many thanks for the kind words about my effect. I just want to clarify a couple of things -

The website password - The site is password protected for the next seven days, however you can still access it using the password HOLIDAY

Since I am on holiday for a week I had to put a notice up on my site, knowing from past experience that people don't read the notices I password protected the website BUT that password is given to you on the password entry page.

To quote what the site says on the password protection page "To enter this site, please enter the password HOLIDAY Note: Digital orders will still be fulfilled within 24hrs of purchase however physical orders will not be posted until my return on Monday 22nd of August."

To give you the background on the "Murray Mint" effect -

I moved from magic to mentalism many years ago but as a puzzlist and to keep up my creativity I often watch trailers for products or read advertising blurb and think to myself, how would I achieve that same effect. Having watched the SansMinds trailer I came up with two possible methods for the effect, the first transpired to be the one that SansMinds sell which is the creation of Abdullah Mahmoud, the second involved a VERY DIFFERENT method, one in which the coins could immediately be given away the very moment that the transposition has taken place and this was the birth of the Murray Mint gimmick.

Now initially I just wanted to test out of curiosity wether this would work and so sought to get a gimmick produced. To make it worthwhile for the manufacturer to go to the trouble of getting one made they suggested an initial order of 24 which were done. I am happy to report that the gimmick worked a dream and I subsequently sold the remaining gimmicks privately. Although this was created more to satisfy my curiosity than to make a general release, both the feedback and demand for these was high and so I ordered a few more.

Such was the demand I have now had three orders with the manufacturer and a forth, much larger order has now been placed for the gimmicks. The in house DVD explanation that accompanies the gimmick covers everything listed below.

Please note that at the moment this gimmick is for UK currency only, a euro sample has been made which I am happy with and so I will be getting those made up upon my return from my holiday. A design for US coins is in the works but it remains to be seen wether this will be successful.

Thanks again for the interest Smile

The Advertising Blurb:

"I was really interested to see how Michael could make this effect workable, and if it would really be the answer we were waiting for...he has smashed this one out of the park. Really smart method and this is the true embodiment of a real world worker!" - Alan Rorrison

"Murray Mint = Phenomonal" - Gary Jones

Murray Mint is an all new, deviously clever, highly engineered gimmick that opens up an entire world of routine possibilities.

This is the final word in signature transposition effects, imagine being able to move the spectator’s signature/initial’s from one coin onto another in the most visual way imaginable. Imagine then, being able to instantly give the coins to the spectator to keep at the conclusion of the effect. The ink is real, and the reactions are insane!

DVD Contents:

Double Trouble - The spectator is asked to sign one of your coins with their initials, this coin is immediately given to them to hold in their hand. Taking one of the spectator’s coins from them (a coin of a completely different value/denomination) you proceed to mark it with your initials. Even though the spectator rubs both coins to ensure that the ink is permanent, you are able to cause the two signatures to transpose in the most visual way possible. Should you wish, both coins can be given away immediately after the transposition takes place.

Perfect Transpo - A £2.00 coin is borrowed from one spectator, this coin is signed/initialled by them and is immediately given to them to hold (they can even rub the coin themselves to ensure that the markings are permanent). You then borrow a completely different coin from a second spectator (a 10p), drawing all attention to the 10p piece, the impossible happens. With a simple wave of the hand, the spectator’s signature/initials visually appear on the 10p piece. This coin is immediately given out for examination. Upon opening their hand, the first coin is seen to be blank completing what can only be described as the perfect transposition.

The Waltz - Imagine having a husband and wife, each sign their initials upon a completely different coin. Each of the coins in turn is given to one of the spectators to hold. Between them the spectators decide upon which coin they want to focus their attention/thoughts upon. Upon doing so, it is revealed that the impossible has happened and upon opening their hand, the two signatures are found to have jumped together onto a single coin. Both coins can immediately be kept by the spectators.

Bonus Copper Silver Ending - Keeping in with the spirit of effects with a transposition nature Michael reveals the ending he used to close his copper silver routine for many years. This ending allows for an examined copper and silver coin to suddenly, and visually transform into two silver coins, they then immediately transform into two copper coins before changing back to normal again. Both coins can then be handed out for examination.

100th Murray - Magician/Mentalist Daniel Johnson treats us to his routine for the Murray Mint gimmick. Using a pseudo hypnotic induction the spectator’s memory is wiped and they are unable to recall the value/denomination of a coin which they signed only moments earlier. Michael Murray then expands upon this to discuss a one spectator variant that is not only practical, but is highly powerful to boot.

The Moves - This DVD has been created with ease of leaning in mind and the basic moves necessary to perform the included effects have each been broken down step by step and are taught with multiple camera angles leaving no stone unturned.

Note: In each instance, the signatures that jump from one coin to the other genuinely belong to your spectators and are not duplicates in any fashion.

The signature/initials that the spectator places upon one coin are genuinely found, moments later, upon a completely different coin.
Includes precision engineered gimmick and Instructional DVD containing multiple routine possibilities.
Leave the spectator with an impossible souvenir (both coins can be borrowed and are given away immediately at the conclusion of the effect).
Uses basic coin handling techniques, all moves are taught in depth with multiple camera angles.
Note: For use with UK currency only (international options are in the process of being manufactured and will be available soon).

The compulsory over the top video teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6CcyWfo5iE
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Mazing Mandy thank you for being one of the few people who actually knows how to read something & understand what is being said.

For some reason the same group of people see themselves as William Wordsworth when they are more like the Sheriffffffff offf Notinghammmmmm.

Come on guys the last three words are your chance to be the special correctness squad(another chance to complain) ha.

Really this is about Michael's product. Instead of being critical have some fun & chill. Go on the site & actually check it out.

Mike Donoghue
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Anything by Michael is a winner, the guy is genius, ordered!!
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The Minds 3 convention was over and I was happily sitting in the Bar drinking a beer and exchanging creative ideas with Michael

He asks me what I think of this idea he had for a signature transposition with coins . To be honest I an not that keen on coin effects I would rather be spill the beans
On his latest Mentalism effect but anyway I said ok .. Let's see it . Michael did not perform the effect rather just showed the principles at work . He mentioned he had made a few up but that was it . Having seen the potential I told him this should be released . Why you may ask ?

The best way I can describe it is with an analogy .

Imagine you are a card guy with great sleight of hand skills and asked to create an effect where a person thinks of a card you spread the deck and the only card face up is the freely thought of card . With the best dleight of hand skill set you can come close to the invisible deck but not match it . The gimmicked deck achieves its purpose with no visual compromise and minimal handling skills . Michael's effect in my view meets both those criteria .

I love moments where what appears to be a complex conundrum is solved in a simple and elegant manner

Andy
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
A lot of people mention Egyptian Ink with this plot, but how does this compare to the also recently released Invisible Coin?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21427
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
I managed to get a copy of Murray Mint from Michael last week which I ordered on a punt based on Michael's previous releases. When I opened up the package I thought this is bloody brilliant, just from seeing the gimmick. The DVD has a number of routines to get your creative juices flowing and includes some great moves. I tried this out for the first time last night and it went down a storm, I love it!
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
So.. U.S. Coins? Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
US Coins are something I am looking into, I have an idea for making it work but need some coins to test so it may take a while of exoerimentation yet Smile

I am pleased that all who have it have loved it so far. As for the comparison with invisible coin, I do not know the method behind this and so if anyone from the UK has this I am happy to share the workings of mine so that they can give an honest comparison.

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, JackMagic wrote:

No one is interested in reading mates endorsement

"Murray Mint = Phenomonal" - Gary Jones

I've only met Michael once, that was at this year's Blackpool convention......

My quote is 100% accurate, those who know me also know that I don't do 'hype' Smile This is just my opinion of course Jack, but I have used this at gigs so I do have first-hand experience.

I will also add, you can do so much more than transposing signatures, I have come up with a couple of mentalism routines already using this clever gimmick.......

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
This is brilliant, and shows once again what a clever man Michael is. I really can't imagine anyone getting this and not instantly loving it. Such a great method that really takes advantage of the way people are trained to think, making what happens a true impossiblity.

And for anyone worried about getting scammed or jammed up in some way, Michael is, without exception, the best and most honourable man I've ever met in magic. He is unparalleled by anyone else out there and is a man who lives up to his word.

If you are even kind of interested in the plot, get this.

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murray Mint by Michael Murray (54 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL