The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pen-nomenom by Steven X (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Tracking numbers says my package is due to arrive today! Fingers crossed and hopefully I will be reporting back tonight/tomorrow with some thoughts!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. Well, First, let me say that Steven was very responsive in answering my questions. Also, Steven did say that he came up with another method AFTER he released the DVD that he thinks will be very beneficial. So I will wait on that video to see what the additional handling is. As far as the DVD quality, the video is very clear, Steven does cover everything you need to know on how to accomplish the "spirit writing" and how to obtain or f&@#*e the information. Though, the DVD sound is very low for most of it. You have to turn your volume up very high to hear anything. But that isn't a deal breaker for me as you can still hear it when there is nothing else playing in the background of where you are viewing it. Also, the DVD did not play in my DVD player, it only played on my computer. Not sure if it's my player or the DVD but usually my DVD player will play most everything. This may be something Steven will want to confirm as I know some do not like having to use the computer to watch things.

As for the method, well I will say that Steven uses something he previously created to achieve this effect. That being said, you will only get two of them including the necessary "other stuff" in your package. And if you are already familiar with them then you will be fine but those who bought this and not his other release may be a little lost since Steven does not really go into the explanation of the limitations of these. For one of the methods explained Steven does say that you can only use the required item once. And since you only get two of them in the package, if you like that method you will have to buy more. I find that a little disappointing since I find that specific method one that I would use. The other methods taught are ok but have clothing limitations including extra set-up steps. Nothing extremely difficult but preparation that you will have to do before performing the effect. Now, to get into the set-up prior to performing the spirit writing requires a few steps. Some of which are logical using the patter, some of which others may not find logical.

Steven uses a few old methods to "predict" the spectators thoughts. I will say that with one of the methods explained you will have to f*&^e the thought. Steven does cover how to build the item that needs to be used to predict what a spectator thinks of in real time.

All that being said, I am not sure how I feel about spending $30.00 on this when you can spend $40.00 on one of his other packages that includes 10 more gimmicks than what you get and many other uses for this gimmick. I guess this is a little more comprehensive since Steven goes into ways of f*&^ing and predicting (in real time) the spectators thoughts along with how and what you will need to accomplish it.

I think if you spent the time for the necessary set-up and put the practice time in to achieve the effect then it may be worth it for you. I mean let's face it, the "spirit writing" does look super cool!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2016, RNK wrote:
Ok. Well, First, let me say that Steven was very responsive in answering my questions. Also, Steven did say that he came up with another method AFTER he released the DVD that he thinks will be very beneficial. So I will wait on that video to see what the additional handling is. As far as the DVD quality, the video is very clear, Steven does cover everything you need to know on how to accomplish the "spirit writing" and how to obtain or f&@#*e the information. Though, the DVD sound is very low for most of it. You have to turn your volume up very high to hear anything. But that isn't a deal breaker for me as you can still hear it when there is nothing else playing in the background of where you are viewing it. Also, the DVD did not play in my DVD player, it only played on my computer. Not sure if it's my player or the DVD but usually my DVD player will play most everything. This may be something Steven will want to confirm as I know some do not like having to use the computer to watch things.

As for the method, well I will say that Steven uses something he previously created to achieve this effect. That being said, you will only get two of them including the necessary "other stuff" in your package. And if you are already familiar with them then you will be fine but those who bought this and not his other release may be a little lost since Steven does not really go into the explanation of the limitations of these. For one of the methods explained Steven does say that you can only use the required item once. And since you only get two of them in the package, if you like that method you will have to buy more. I find that a little disappointing since I find that specific method one that I would use. The other methods taught are ok but have clothing limitations including extra set-up steps. Nothing extremely difficult but preparation that you will have to do before performing the effect. Now, to get into the set-up prior to performing the spirit writing requires a few steps. Some of which are logical using the patter, some of which others may not find logical.

Steven uses a few old methods to "predict" the spectators thoughts. I will say that with one of the methods explained you will have to f*&^e the thought. Steven does cover how to build the item that needs to be used to predict what a spectator thinks of in real time.

All that being said, I am not sure how I feel about spending $30.00 on this when you can spend $40.00 on one of his other packages that includes 10 more gimmicks than what you get and many other uses for this gimmick. I guess this is a little more comprehensive since Steven goes into ways of f*&^ing and predicting (in real time) the spectators thoughts along with how and what you will need to accomplish it.

I think if you spent the time for the necessary set-up and put the practice time in to achieve the effect then it may be worth it for you. I mean let's face it, the "spirit writing" does look super cool!

RNK

RKN,

Sorry to hear that you had issues playing the DVD in your DVD player. I just tried a DVD in my player and it worked fine; sound and all. Not sure what is going on there. Try using a different DVD player. Let me know how it goes. The add-on video should be available within the next couple of hours. You will need to check your email for that. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or need tips.

Steven
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Full performance video coming soon.

Steven
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2016, cigam4 wrote:

Steven

Hi Steven,

I also bought the effect but didn't have the time to play with it.
How do I get the additional video?

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2016, Nikki78 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2016, cigam4 wrote:

Steven

Hi Steven,

I also bought the effect but didn't have the time to play with it.
How do I get the additional video?

Cheers
Nikki

Hi Nikki78,

I sent you a pm.

Thanks!

Steven X
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laTXISN8WY8

I have attached a link to the full performance of Pen-nomenon. This effect is versatile and customizable. You can use it for an invisible man effect, fairy, invisible flea, imaginary friend... Use your imagination. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Steven X
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks Steven for the video. It looks definitely clean. I'm more interested now. One little question, is there a lightning issue ?
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Thanks Steven for the video. It looks definitely clean. I'm more interested now. One little question, is there a lightning issue ?

Yes, because of the nature of this effect but you can try different brands of IT and you can also use your own body to block direct light...
IMO it's an effect that shoud be presented in a more darker ambiance
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Steven X,
Thank you so much for the full performance in video. It was very nice of you to release an extra video when we ask you. Now people can judge for themself.
I wish you good luck with your current and future project
Dr SH
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Great job Steven, Looks killer.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
Thanks for being responsive to the community, Steven, and nice video. I think this could be a really powerful effect.
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
No problem! Thank you, everyone!

Steven X
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Maybe it's just me or youtube, but there still seems to be an edit at :33
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just received this and I am really happy with it. Steven goes into detail about the set up and performance of the trick. You don't have to use the gimmick supplied. Steven teaches how to use the very cheapest of this type of gimmick.
He also teaches how to make a secret pen writer. Very detailed, step by step process. I have so much of the gimmick in my house, I can just use my own super fine version.

This DVD is packed with many different ways to hook up and two different ways to get the message. You don't even need a force for one of them. All in all a very solid trick. I like this.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Hey Guys! Here is a review from John Teo, IBM President-Singapore

http://ningthing.com/review-pen-nomenon-by-steven-x/

Reviewer: John Teo
Steven X’s Pen-nomenon is a ghost pen effect – a pen that moves by itself as it writes a message or a piece of information on a note pad. This enables you to perform a spirit-writing type effect.

Here is the basic effect of Pen-nomenon. A spectator signs her name on the top sheet of a stack of index cards. She selects a playing card. A pen is put on top of the index card stack. The performer calls on the spirits. Suddenly the pen moves by itself, writing the identity of the spectator’s selected card on the signed index card!

You receive 2 Spinnerets, many tiny blobs of wax, and an instructional DVD. A Spinneret is a tiny thread reel specially manufactured by Steven X.

This is a good investment. Not only do you receive 2 Spinnerets, the well-produced DVD, which lasts about 1 hour and 16 minutes long, teaches you many interesting things:

An alternative handling of the basic routine
3 variations of the routine that do not involve playing cards
How to prepare the pen, Sharpie or pencil for the ghost writing
How to hook up and set up the Spinneret from mouth, cap/hat or shirt pocket
How to use wooly nylon thread
How to construct your own pen or pencil thumb writer
Steven’s personal handling of the “out-to-lunch” effect
Properly performed, the sight of the mysterious moving pen gives an eerie sensation to the audience. Even though you are set up with the Spinneret, you can move quite easily and freely. Steven teaches you how to have the final hook-up just prior to the movement of the pen.

Please support intellectual property. Only buy original. Available from all reputable Murphy’s Magic dealers.

9 Stars (9 / 10)
Video Player
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Here is a review by Paul Romhany- Vanish Magazine

http://www.stevenxproductions.com/pen-no......-vanish/
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pen-nomenom by Steven X (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL