The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Operation Gemini by RedDevil (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
When you're on the phone and you press a number button, it makes a "beep" sound that you and the person on the other side of the phone can hear...
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Of all people, EE! Exposure! Smile
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Oh, I didn't finish that last sentence!

"...and you can play 'Funky Town' and dance together"
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
This principle is absolutely golden. This can help you achieve an almost near perfect demonstration of actual mind reading.

I know exactly how I will be using this.. Imagine having a spectator think of a person, place, or thing. Then having them place their hands on yours, and without any word spoken I can divine what that is. In fact, if they are thinking of an object I can have them then imagine putting that object in their pocket or in their hands and then be able to divine where it is and what it is.. That's exactly how I will be using this. It's just.. Perfect.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

oliverho
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of oliverho
I'm just an enthusiast/hobbyist, and this book is inspiring. I'm also a fan of RedDevil's "777" and "ET Q and A." "Operation Gemini" is causing ideas to percolate, and I love that. The principles are flexible and simple--I love the shaman folk tale that opens the book.

I'm thinking of how well these principles might work alongside some of the storytelling-effect ideas in Chris Philpott's "Intimate Mysteries." Maybe you could lead a spectator through a story where they make some decisions that you know, and some you don't.

I'm also thinking about how you could apply these ideas in the context of a reading--Iain Dunford's "Devil May Care" was another excellent and inspiring read, and it feels like these approaches could work well together.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Oliver and Dustin, thank you!

I am especially conscious that this can be used with storytelling, Oliver, and you will most likely see the Shaman again when you read Michael Murray's Tequila Hustler2 this winter. The Gemini Principle works wonderfully with TH, and the Shaman character is the star of the show in that routine. In fact, I can see him appearing again in a few other chapters.

I am experimenting now in terms of how the Gemini Principle can be used with a pack of Tarot cards for reading purposes (and in order to get ahead in some info). It seems that every single day someone emails me or messages me with a different way of utilizing this.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Using the Tarot with birth info comes to mind upon reading this.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, John! Yes, there is no doubt one can obtain the star sign while using the Gemini Principle with Tarot, but I found you can do far more...Smile I have also discovered that I can do a mini Q&A with Tarot by using E888's E&*i*e via the Gemini Principle to discover what topic they are only thinking of in their minds. Make sense?

Trying to be careful here because I wouldn't want anyone discussing the in's and out's of the two principles, and readers who purchased the book will note that I coded the other principle because I would rather it not be named in the forum. I know that sounds a tad protective...Smile (email me if this doesn't make sense).

In essence, I have discovered that Tarot readers would find OPERATION GEMINI very organically useful if they wanted to divine additional information in the course of a tarot/cartomancy exercise. This makes me very happy.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Guys, I had my performance yesterday---and it rocked! The spectator reactions were quite interesting (and universal)---they were all in a state of stunned silence. I think that was the best compliment I could get from them Smile

I actually combined RedDevil's genius thinking with two other marketed effects, Fantasia 50:50 by Ian Rowland and another product from ProMystic. Let's just say the combination of these resources to create an integrated routine provided a powerful impact for the spectators. I was so ahead of everyone in the room, and nobody even realized when I was "decoding" due to the casual nature of that particular piece.

If ANYBODY is on the fence about Operation Gemini, get this...like, NOW! You will regret it...if you don't purchase this.

Best,
Nirav
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Nirav, you have been very kind, and I am proud that you felt confident to try this out. Thanks again for your kind words...To others of you who have purchased this, I would love to hear in the future how you are able to manipulate and adapt the principles in the book. I just had a gentleman message me on Facebook this morning and send me another idea, and they just keep coming.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Presented this at a recent magicians meeting earlier this week and it repeatedly stumped the guys. Then for a group of lay people who were very taken by the effect. So simple to present and interact with, but impossible for virtually anyone to grasp the method. I keep wondering what Leo Boudreau would do with this ?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I read the Gemini Principle and I think it's genius: amazing to see how this idea keeps evolving!

The concept of placing the coin in an empty pocket was actually first published by myself on MindSight in 2014 - my first paperback mentalism release. This wasn't ever published or explained in print by anyone else before.

Later, my friend Ever incorporated this (with my permission) into his amazing Manoeda routine, highly praised by important names in our community.

I'm glad to see that so many authors and creators have since been inspired to come up with new principles, ideas and routines (such as TH, V, and others) with this concept. Smile

It was what I aimed for when I published MindSight 2 years ago.

Without a doubt, Operation Gemini is an evolution of our art - something that happens with the contribution of brilliant minds such as RedDevil.

If you're a fan of "which hand" such as myself, I highly recommend purchasing Operation Gemini!

Andreu
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
PS: So if you use the "empty pocket" subtlety in any of your future routines, or something based on Manoeda, an inclusion of my name in the credits would not only be appreciated but the right thing to do. Smile

Thanks,

Andreu
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, Andreu. I appreciate your chats with me privately. I don't want to talk too much about the specifics on this thread, and I don't want people to get confused thinking that EE's Manoeda is synonymous with the "Gemini Principle" I have developed (it most certainly is not, and the Gemini Principle itself has nothing to do with a "pocket"). I am trying to be vague here because I am asking that my method for the Gemini Principle not be discussed here.

With that said, I shared with you yesterday and this morning that I would contact EE and ask if you should be listed as a co-author on Manoeda, and I am very open to including your name as such. Most anyone who has done business with me knows that I will aggravate people to death to make sure I have permission or their blessing when tying one of my routines to their work. You were listed as a helper in the routine in the credits of Manoeda, but you were not listed as a co-author. And there were no details listed as to your specific involvement (at least in the PDF version I bought). I asked for EE's express permission to credit his routine for some of the other work in the ebook, and he gave it to me.

Finally, I write this for everyone else who may be misinterpreting your PS. You and I have had a good chat, and I think we are on the same page. I am just clarifying for everyone else so that they don't think there is any accusation of something I most certainly did not (and would not) do. Thanks for your kind words about OG, both in the forum and outside of it.

HOpe that makes sense.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Andreu did help me back when I came up with Manoeda. His insight and ideas were really useful to me, he deserves a mention with anything regarding Manoeda.
That said, the "pocket" thing I didn't get from his "Mindsight" book (I didn't, bro Smile ) I came out with that because that's what most people do when they play coin in hand, it was logical.

Anyway, I know this thread isn't about Manoeda so it's best not to get too much into this subject.

Operation Gemini is a beautiful principle.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks to both of you! I will be glad to honor Andreu in the credits to your creation (and I look forward to getting to know Andreu in the future).

I was just worried that people would think that Manoeda was somehow the same thing as the Gemini Principle.

They are two different things, but purchasers of the book know how Manoeda was a very useful tool combined with the Gemini Principle. But Manoeda isn't necessary for the Gemini Principle. Many truth/liar plots work with it, and one of my favorites is Tequila Hustler by Mark Elsdon.

The Gemini Principle is, I believe, an evolution that allows people to expand and transcend the liar/truth genre and reduce the confusion of it.

So if this has peaked any interest today, you can check it out at http://reddevilmentalism.blogspot.com Smile
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, E.E. wrote:
Andreu did help me back when I came up with Manoeda. His insight and ideas were really useful to me, he deserves a mention with anything regarding Manoeda.
That said, the "pocket" thing I didn't get from his "Mindsight" book (I didn't, bro Smile )

Inbox Facebook alert my friend.

Let's quickly discuss something, shall we?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
This is by far my favorite idea and concept for RedDevil. His previous releases were great and inspiring, but "Operation Gemini" has that level of autenthicity and realism in our processes as Mentalists that I admire. This will be truly a classic approach to create mindreading in the near future.

I remember that you showed me this Rob some time ago and I thought: "Wow that is clever". Now it is far better. Congratulations my friend.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thank you, Pablo. You have always been an encouragement to me, and I am proud to know you, sir!

In honor of the Labor Day Holiday, I am posting here an offer I sent to my subscribers on email and my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/reddevilmentalism this morning:

I am writing a FREE BONUS SUPPLEMENT to my new eBook "Operation Gemini" called "Gemini Readings." If you are interested in close-up Q&A and Tarot-based readings, you will not want to pass this up!

“Robert 'Red Devil' Cosley has created something here that that allows you to get so far ahead without the participant saying a word that by the time the reveal comes to fruition your participant will feel they are being hit with a sledge hammer...I have played with this routine for the last week, and the amount of undiscovered possibilities is honestly ridiculous. It’s easy to follow, not convoluted, and hard hitting. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!”—Peter Turner

To reward early purchasers of my new eBook OPERATION GEMINI, anyone who buys the book by Monday, September 5, will receive the FREE supplement. (thus, anyone who has already purchased the book will receive the bonus supplement!)

This offer lasts only 3 Days, and after that, the supplement will be for sale as a separate eBook!

Don't miss this opportunity, and this is a thank-you for everyone who had early faith in this project. The supplement will be delivered before September 18.

Again, if you would like "Gemini Readings" delivered to you for FREE, you must have purchased OPERATION GEMINI at the website below by this Monday. This offer will not be extended to people who buy the book after Monday!

You can purchase OPERATION GEMINI and reserve your copy of "Gemini Readings" at http://reddevilmentalism.blogspot.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. I just wanted to give a quick update that today will be the last day that I will offer the free bonus supplement to "Operation Gemini" purchasers.

Everyone who has purchased OPERATION GEMINI before and by Monday, Sept. 5, will receive the supplement "Gemini Readings" free of charge, and it will be delivered in the next week or so. This applies to all purchasers of the book from the past until today, Monday, September 5.

Gemini Readings will cover an expansion of the Gemini Process for those of you interested in Tarot and Cartomancy. Through the innocent process of developing a card spread for a reading, you will be able to divine the chosen area of focus (the general question) of the sitter to use for a "warm" reading, and you will reveal her exact month of birth. The process is organic and natural, and it fits perfectly in the process of constructing a spread. Nothing is written down or peeked. If you don't have experience with readings, this supplement won't help you much. You will need both the original eBook and have experience in providing readings with cards.

The first draft of the FREE supplement is over 20 pages, and I will deliver it by email to everyone who has purchased OPERATION GEMINI through the end of Sept. 5. After Sept. 5, the supplement will be available only for purchase as a separate eBook for an additional cost (or I may not distribute it at all).

If you would like to guarantee that you will receive this supplement for free, you may order OPERATION GEMINI at http://reddevilmentalism.blogspot.com . As long as I receive your order by the end of the day, you will be guaranteed to receive the free supplement.

Hopefully, this will be seen as a thank-you to all the people who had faith in me enough to purchase as an early adopter! Thanks for all the kind words, everyone...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Operation Gemini by RedDevil (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL