The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dental Bands for Folding Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
597 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Seen dental bands mentioned in old threads but nothing suggesting which size to use for certain coins. So, anyone using dental bands on their folding coins and if so, what size for quarter, and what size for half dollar?
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Ya I just go through a site to. Wonder what the price difference would be
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
597 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Sorry, I should have provided more detail in my initial post. Yes, I understand I can get bands from Johnson or any magic shop (penguin, local brick n mortar, etc) which I've done for years. What I was wondering, was I've seen several posts in the past suggesting the use of dental bands (typically used for braces, that dentist give out), however these bands come in various sizes and was wondering if anyone knew of a good size to use. The posts in the past did not suggest actual sizes.
Revilomagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Revilomagic
I use dental bands for my folding coin- I walked into an orthodontist and asked for the strongest ones which fit round my 2p (sorry, I'm using UK coins) perfectly doubled round. They're so comparatively cheap you could always try a couple of sizes.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Huh. I guess without shipping it would be quite a bit cheaper
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
I have used dental bands for several other magical purposes, terrific for silk magic.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
The size depends if it is half or dollar coin.
For half Todd Lassen tolds me that the actual size is 1/8 and for dolar 1/16, but it's matter of try out with the bands.
I'm a dentist not orthodontist 😊😜
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
597 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2016, magojose |wrote:
The size depends if it is half or dollar coin.
For half Todd Lassen tolds me that the actual size is 1/8 and for dolar 1/16, but it's matter of try out with the bands.
I'm a dentist not orthodontist 😊😜

Thanks! that's a good starting point!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dental Bands for Folding Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL