The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hercules Coin Bender By Jimmy Strange » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I would love to get back to the effect and see/hear more about it. It is a bit concerning that it is all so very vague.
4 pages 120 post's and we still do not have a demo or more info, other than a lot of guessing.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Mirrah Miraculous just sent me this video of her using the Hercules Coin Bender to bend a £1 coin :

F.A.Q's and orders for Hercules are being collected here:
https://www.magicshop.co.uk/hercules-coi......-strange

Wishing you all the best with your magic

Dominic
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Amazing video.
Really sold it for me...
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Amazing video?
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Jesus! A woman can do that ?! Either she's strong, either it's the gimmick. Thanks for the video Dominic. I see that it took her approximatively 3 seconds to bend the coin. Of course it's too long, and in real performance, I won't try to bend something that takes 3 seconds (unless I do it behind my back), but considering it's a 1 pound coin, I'm guessing it would be much easier and quicker if other coins are used.

Now the only thing I need to know is if the gimmick is durable, and if it's well disguised, as in CV and QB, for instance. I will wait and read the reviews.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Looks like this requires the ability to do the Chicken Dance.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Was being sarcastic..
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Wow, that's pretty impressive. It didn't look like she was exerting much effort.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Wow, that's pretty impressive. It didn't look like she was exerting much effort.

Although I don't like the sarcastic comment of Larry above, he made a good point. How the bending motion looks like. I don't think anyone can beat QB in terms of how well the gimmick is disguised. With QB, you appear to have nothing in your hands, just a coin and what appears to be a sharpie.

For Hercules, I don't know if bringing out this gimmick into play is justified, and I don't know either the kind of move you must do to perform the bend.

It's true that despite of not knowing this, the performance is stunning.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Mirrah Miraculous just sent me this video of her using the Hercules Coin Bender to bend a £1 coin :

Dominic

That really wasn't much of a demo. Everything was out of frame.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
It really looked like she really didn't exert hardly any pressure.... However the move tid look a tad awkward.....so not sure of this vpupd be done well real time...

Sleepy
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
She simply went in to her pocket and performed a change with a bent coin prepared earlier.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:

Although I don't like the sarcastic comment of Larry above, he made a good point. How the bending motion looks like. I don't think anyone can beat QB in terms of how well the gimmick is disguised. With QB, you appear to have nothing in your hands, just a coin and what appears to be a sharpie.

For Hercules, I don't know if bringing out this gimmick into play is justified, and I don't know either the kind of move you must do to perform the bend.

You're going to be doing the chicken dance with the QB if trying to bend a really sturdy coin. The chicken dance has nothing to do with how well or how poorly the device is disguised.

I agree with you about what the device is disguised as being sensical or not within the context of a coin bend routine though. Someone already pointed out at least what 1/2 the device is disguised as. I don't really get how it's justified to have that item out in the open and in play.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're going to be doing the chicken dance with the QB if trying to bend a really sturdy coin. The chicken dance has nothing to do with how well or how poorly the device is disguised.

I agree with you about what the device is disguised as being sensical or not within the context of a coin bend routine though. Someone already pointed out at least what 1/2 the device is disguised as. I don't really get how it's justified to have that item out in the open and in play.

If that is one part of the gimmick... I think it can be justified as...something like "do you keep change free in your pocket or in your wallet" if they say pocket then say okay..."can you go into your pocket and take out all your change " whilst saying this..reach into your pocket trying to demonstrate how they should do this and take out some change from your pocket but within those coins...bring out your gimmicks as well..so it just seems lile you reached into your pocket and took out everything in there.....if they say they keep it in there wallet..you can say/"okay reach into the pocket with your wallet and taken the wallet out included ng any coins that might have fallen out" and again do the same action of demonstrating whilst saying this and this allows you to easily get the gimmicks in play...

I'm not too sure if this would easily pass by spectators as I haven't got this.... But I'm gueesjy they won't have a second thought about it..hope you lile the suggestion..

Sleepy
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
It looked like she was having a mini stroke

Or was farting/in pain

I think [guess] if you were to continue talking, it might not have looked weird

Also I guess other coins would be much easier

It was bent, and really bent too [not just a little]

But for all we know, she could have reached into her pocket and switched coins - whilst pooping her pants [?]

I'm still interested in seeing some reviews
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
What more needs to be said, my head is spinning from that demo.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Dominic

That really wasn't much of a demo. Everything was out of frame.

Best

Steve

Was that a joke or what,total rubbish for a demo vid
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
Jesus! A woman can do that ?! Either she's strong, either it's the gimmick. Thanks for the video Dominic. I see that it took her approximatively 3 seconds to bend the coin. Of course it's too long, and in real performance, I won't try to bend something that takes 3 seconds (unless I do it behind my back), but considering it's a 1 pound coin, I'm guessing it would be much easier and quicker if other coins are used.

Now the only thing I need to know is if the gimmick is durable, and if it's well disguised, as in CV and QB, for instance. I will wait and read the reviews.

I do coinvexed and with the two coin routine I have up to ten seconds to bend the coin.. Inbuilt misdirection and never been caught in 1000+ performances
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Fatgumbo wrote:
I do coinvexed and with the two coin routine I have up to ten seconds to bend the coin.. Inbuilt misdirection and never been caught in 1000+ performances

So what ? You say it's a problem if I don't do a two coin routine ? It doesn't suit me, so I'm not doing it. But of course I can do it with QB3, maybe one day I will try this way (first signed coin being used for the bending trick, and the second signed coin for impossible location routines). And yes, if like David Penn or any other professional, you do table hopping, it's easy to lean down as you seemingly look at them signing the second coin. That's your best cover to bend a coin, even as strong as a 10/20 cts. In this position, the bending motion is hardly visible. But this is usually not under these conditions I'm performing. Furthermore, I'm not the kind of guy who talks a lot, as I'm introverted. So, talking as a misdirection is not helpful for me most of the time.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Mirrah Mirrahculous
Hi to all of you,

I am glad to join the interesting conversation so far.
I may not stay for too long... you will have to excuse me, but talking about farts is not exactly my cup of tea...

In regards to reaching my pocket whilst pooping my pants... well, if you decide to take a quick trip to any high street shop, you would notice that most female jackets have fake pockets only. Mine most assuredly has no pockets.

In regards to filming the video out of frame - When I perform I use my own routine, which always gives me fantastic reactions, but the purpose of this video has never been to present any routines. The ONLY goal is to demonstrate that bending a coin with 'Hercules' does not require the magician to have the strength of Hercules.
I am sure in close future you will be able to see a video with suggested routines.

mh1001 and Sean Giles, thank-you for the nice comment, really appreciated.

mh1001, there is a quotation by Archimedes that will answer your question. He said:

Give me a lever and a place to stand and I will move the earth.

I can assure you that the gimmick is solid and very strong, which made my task easy to complete.
It is very well hidden in plain sight and in one of the suggested routines it is actually used as misdirection in two different ways, whilst the bending is done.

Larry Davidson, this time - Chicken dance, next time, specially for you, I will do a Tango and bend the coin behind my dancing partner's back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hercules Coin Bender By Jimmy Strange » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL