The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psience - Michael Weber (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10495 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, VIEW wrote:
Yes hopefully the whole thing will be good when it comes together.

But - isn't it a bit lazy? Shouldn't they have a full routine every instalment? It feels like they've sold us three fly and are only showing us the first movement. I don't get it.

Also - the original cassidy name and place routine, which this is certainly based on/inspired by - is far better in comparison.

Wow, I sound like a real grump!

Yes! to the grump part. Maybe you're not, but sound like one.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10495 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2016, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Michael Weber is undeniably a brilliant mentalist.

He's also friends with Ricky Jay, whose contempt for hobbyist magicians is legendary. Ricky simply shuns them.

Michael Weber sells to hobbyists, but I think to a certain degree he shares Ricky's feelings and, in my view, those feelings are manifested in his commercial dealings with the hobbyists.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? I bought two great items at mindvention. I used to be a pro. Now an amateur, always a hobbyist.
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of newguy
Are you guys confusing The Works (a kit) with The Journal of Psience (a digital magazine)?

I just got another issue of Psience today so they have delivered on the six promised issues and one or two of the promised bonus issues.

I think we may have one bonus left for Volume One.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Special user
Miami, FL
882 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
We were promised much more than just six issues, there are certainly many more props in the box to fill many more issues. Also, I believe there was only one bonus item promised for early subscribers.

I have been very satisfied with the material as it arrives, but like everyone I am a little more than disappointed with the way distribution in being handled.

That being said I'm fairly confident that the gentlemen in charge will fulfill their obligations in their entirety, eventually...

Assuming we reach a satisfactory conclusion I would sign up for another future installment.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Special user
Miami, FL
882 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2017, Mac_Stone wrote:
We were promised much more than just six issues, there are certainly many more props in the box to fill many more issues. Also, I believe there was only one bonus item promised for early subscribers.

I have been very satisfied with the material as it arrives, but like everyone I am a little more than disappointed with the way distribution in being handled.

That being said I'm fairly confident that the gentlemen in charge will fulfill their obligations in their entirety, eventually...

Assuming we reach a satisfactory conclusion I would sign up for another future installment.

It seems I was confused. There was a release yesterday for The Journal of Psience not The Works, for which we are still owed several issues.

This thread however should remain on the topic of The Works and not Psience.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10495 Posts

Profile of John C
I too received my psciense new idea. I don't know how many are included in the $150
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1286 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Works #8 was delivered on Friday. It is delivered by Psienece. There are still 4 more due. This has not been the quality of effects I expected from Mr. Weber. I do not know about the Journal of Psience material, I expect that they may be completely different.
Dandin
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Dandin
I think that weber his better at inventing magic effect than inventing mind reading effect. To invent a convincing mind reading effect you need to think like a real mind reader.
Usually the effect will be very simple like a thought that moves from one mind to another.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10495 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2017, jaizon wrote:
Works #8 was delivered on Friday. It is delivered by Psienece. There are still 4 more due. This has not been the quality of effects I expected from Mr. Weber. I do not know about the Journal of Psience material, I expect that they may be completely different.

I agree. Not too impressed with what I received so far. I would rather have spent $150 on one good solid item.
Dandin
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Dandin
I am sure that you can find strong material that no one else is doing in books that you already have.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1059 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
What makes it worse is the constant hawking of expensive effects IN THE MIDDLE of the delayed Psience effects.
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of newguy
Offering a $20 item that is exclusive to them, or special admittance to a secret show at Houdini's old home?

If offers like that bother you, you can always just delete the email.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1100 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2017, jaizon wrote:
This has not been the quality of effects I expected from Mr. Weber.

I agree. Not too impressed with what I received so far.

I was massively underwhelmed by Weber/Trono's Real Secrets, so decided to learn from that experience and skip both The Works and Psience.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1506 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Me too. I wanted to like it as it was a great idea but the same idea over and over put me off.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of newguy
"Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action,and the architect of accomplishment.”
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
10495 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, newguy wrote:
"Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action,and the architect of accomplishment.”

So why don't babies continue to fall when they get up and try to walk? Even they understand Einstein's theory of insanity.
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of newguy
John C,

The comment above, "a great idea but the same idea over and over put me off" is what prompted my response.

My experience suggests that we all stop thinking too soon. One way to overcome this standardized "I already know that" complacency is
to force ourselves to go back and reexamine the things we believe we already "know."

Real Secrets, The Works and Psience have many innovative developments and discoveries with classics like The Trick that Fooled Einstein, The Impenetrable Secret, and more. Every time they changed it up with a new set of objects, a new story, new procedures and new effects.

I have spoken to others on both sides of the fence, but any time I met someone who felt like Markymark, I would show them one of the items I learned and they would always respond with "Now THAT'S the kind of thing I like! Why didn't they send us material like that?"

We can never cross the same river twice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psience - Michael Weber (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL