The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Powerball 60 (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1981 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This is not late but it's still great.
I just got this trick and can't believe how much fun I am having with it. It did not sound to me like it would play at all but but people love it.
Was looking for another always in your wallet trick afte Kollosal Killer
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2316 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I know I love It !!!! It Frys people like real mind reading ....
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
If you only keep the lottery cards they discard (face down) then by process of elimination you can still be right without ever seeing or touching the cards that they have or 'seeing' faces of those they don't have. Just a thought I had when playing with this a while ago.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1449 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I'm glad yours works.

I bought the english pounds version from Penguin and the 1st ticket simply wouldn't scratch off right. As a result, the 1 can't be read.

Penguin was nice enough to send a replacement. SAME ISSUE!!!!!!! I couldn't have been more careful yet the 37 can't be read.

I've finally come to the conclusion that I just blew $30 for nothing. As much as I want to perform this, I can't get a complete set of tickets that scratch off Smile
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
817 Posts

Profile of 252life
Ixnay66...it's worth replacing.
I can't believe I was so late finding this.

killer reactions.
It's become a go to effect for me.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1449 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Well, Penguin has been great but they've already replaced it once and I don't want to keep having them send replacements. Maybe I can buy a used copy that's already scratched off.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1561 Posts

Profile of randirain
I hope they are finally giving credit where credit is due.

Brian O'Neill came up with this idea many many years ago.
It was in his lecture notes.
Brian has been a good friend of mine for ten years now, and he came up with it before I knew him.

Randi
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
Thanks Randi, you are right. Brian O'Neil created an effect called Magic Lotto using the same number system on computer printed slips of paper with words "Magic Lotto" at the top of them. We were informed of this effect, found in Brain's lecture notes from 1988 after Powerball 60 was shipped to dealers.

If you examine both Brian's effect and Powerball 60 the differences in effect and impact are worlds apart. Brian was the first to put the concept calling the number sequence 'lottery numbers' and we were the first to marry the method/concept with scratch lottery tickets (unalterable, government issued, actual scratch tickets). Compare Powerball 60 tickets to pieces of paper printed off on a home computer and the entire effect on an audience is poles apart.

Independent creation happens all the time. It's not a huge leap to imagine or make the connection to use the number concept in relation to lottery tickets. Brian O'Neil's work pre-dates our release and we have every intention of crediting him in print when we can and publicly on this forum or any other.
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
817 Posts

Profile of 252life
The quality and thought put into your version Bill, is what puts it over the top.
Sorry for just this quick post. I could rave about it at length.
This feels nothing like a "pocket effect trick".
Presented correctly, the cards are never in question.
I wouldn't go near this had I needed to rely on a paper printout.

This is a very strong effect, not only due to method, but the believability of the cards.
(Can't brong myself to call them props Smile

So...thanks for this effect.
I absolutely love it.

252PowerBalls:)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2316 Posts

Profile of tophatter
One of the Best it's in my wallet I never leave home without it !
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
Thank you 252life and tophatter.

The date on Brian O'Neill's lecture notes should read 2008 not 1988, I believe.
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
817 Posts

Profile of 252life
My pleasure Bill, happy to support this anytime.

Thanks yet again.

252WalletGold Smile
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
2100 Posts

Profile of todsky
I just pulled out my copy of powerball 60. Actually my second copy, which Bill kindly sent to me a few years ago to replace my first set which did not scratch off properly. Pulled it off the shelf and started scratching with an old copper penny, and same issue: can't scratch the gray stuff off without scratching off some of the numbers underneath.
Anybody have a technique that takes the gray off without scratching off the numbers? I want to use this trick already!
TODSKY'S MAGIC SHOP: www.magicstore.ca
We have a huge selection of custom card decks, Bizarre magic, Roy Kueppers coins, as well as all the usual suspects from Murphy's, Mak, Ellusionist, etc etc.
egoli
View Profile
Elite user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
406 Posts

Profile of egoli
I have purchased a couple of copies - the first was perfect but one of the tickets in the second set was defective. Bill replaced it for me very quickly and the second set was also perfect and in my wallet right now. Great reactions and a great trick.

Ed
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5132 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I purchased mine from Richard Sanders originally, and then later I ordered a couple sets of refills from him. Richard is very good about making sure all is right and I am sure he or Bill would replace any defective sets.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Powerball 60 (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL