The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learn how to give suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

falcon2600
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
Hi,

many years ago I was diagnosed with a cracked meniscus.

After this medical exam one of my legs became so rigid and painful that I wasn't able to walk for several days...

The funny thing is that it wasn't the leg where they found the problem, but the other one!

I've never experienced anything like that again and I've never been operated and I've never cured myself for that.

Since I don't know hypnosis I've always been thinking that was because of auto-suggestion.

Is suggestion possible without hypnosis?

Now, if I concentrate on my knee for an entire day I won't be able to feel my leg rigid and painful for several days and unable to walk again... I supposed some techniques are involved...

Is it possible to learn how to give effective suggestions (not just to one self but to others as well) even without hypnosis? Are there courses, books, resources, material, etc.?

Thanks.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The trance induction is a theatrical process and not necessary to give suggestions.

There is s good argument to be made that it does not even exist.

But certainly workout opening the can of worms that goes with that discussion the process is pure theater even in the office. The induction or trance or hypnotic state is not in the least necessary to give and have the subject accept suggestions.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
falcon2600
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
Could we say that "suggestion" is the art of communicating with the subconscious/unconscious mind avoiding the filters of the conscious one?

If hypnosis is not strictly or directly involved: how do you learn the art of effective "suggestion"?

Thanks.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea see this is s far more in depth discussion than can be taught on a message board.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
By the way I am not suggesting anything because of the inevitable measuring contest that starts.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Hi Falcon,

if you want a nice way to start out, then take a look at the Brain Software Podcast by Mike Mandel.
Session 16 might be interesting for you, as well as session 30.

I find it great that you discovered for yourself, how much we suggest to ourselves during our lives. Now you have the Chance to do something about it, if you don't like it, and that alone puts you into the top 0.0001% of the world of people who know that they can change themselves.

Cheers
falcon2600
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
Thanks for all your answers.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Focused attention is one of the basic ways to go into trance. Infact the dictionary definition # 3 is basically what happens if you focus in on a part of your body.Its a waste of time arguing whether it exists or not as its not a thing its a mental process.Much like "depression" isn't a thing its a mental process. While Danny is correct to say theatrical trances may be used on stage its still a process. In the therapy room depending upon the skills and style of hypnosis Trance can be used in a non theatrical way too. A deep inward focus followed by compounding suggestions and process suggestions in my experience can have a profound effect. Trance can also be used so subtly that those recieving treatment don't even realize it.

noun
a half-conscious state, seemingly between sleeping and waking, in which ability to function voluntarily may be suspended.
a dazed or bewildered condition.
a state of complete mental absorption or deep musing.
an unconscious, cataleptic, or hypnotic condition.
Spiritualism. a temporary state in which a medium, with suspension of personal consciousness, is controlled by an intelligence from without and used as a means of communication, as from the dead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learn how to give suggestions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL