The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Man I love this, purely because of the simplicity behind it, and its super visual, took this out to a gig a few days ago and it got great reactions, the teaching is well done on the explanation, Nicholas goes into great detail about the handling etc.

All in All a great little effect, simple and powerfully visual.

Great stuff Nicholas and the Sensor Magic team.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Recommended.

All the best

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just watched the download and really like this! I echo all the other positive reviews here. This is very easy to construct and perform. Simplicity at it's best!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
I loved it and here is why -

creativity - 8/10
practical - 10/10
visual - 9/10
Difficulty level - easy
Gimmick making - Easy can be done in 1-2 mins.

Also I will be testing this soon once I reach back to my place. will post a video review later :0

Cheers !
VANISS//CAPSOUL//WALLETRIX//NP-TECHNIQUE//More Coming Soon..//
Thecloseupmagic
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Thecloseupmagic
I almost never post but came out of hiding to give props to Nicholas Lawrence for creating a beautiful, practical, worker. The method is 10 times simpler and better than I expected. Kudos. This is really great.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Really nice. Does what it says on the tin and the handling is well thought out. If you like what you see in the trailer, you can't go wrong. Fast, visual effect with a big wow factor!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Very good effect and easy to make gimmick.
Making the tear sound realistic is a very genius idea from Nicholas.
For 5 bucks you get this effect + free effect (Pin Clip).
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Appreciate all this amazing feedback! Wouldnt expect it here really but with all these familiar names atleast I can trust their actually professionals honest opinions, which helps with other professionals looking for a new Visual gem that workable at their show!! Smile any questions feel free to ask.
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
Super visual. Easy to perform. Simple to make. Great instructions. Practical. What more could you ask for a TNR? Gets a thumbs up from me!!!

- Ari
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
This does look nice and very similar to shin Lim and his trick called Flight.

i don't know who came out first but they are clearly the same trick
my comment really here is that flash flight does seem to be a bit cleaner and more visual than "flight"

flash flight is just that a flash of flight and boom the magic is done. its much more of a visual what the heck moment than the other version.

tempted to get this just to have a quick and simple impromptu effect;

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not even close to shin, flight. Way better
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Did not say it was better I said it was similar I also stated that I liked the flash flight better as it was more visual.

but it is pretty much the same trick
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, Sam Sandler wrote:
This does look nice and very similar to shin Lim and his trick called Flight.

i don't know who came out first but they are clearly the same trick
my comment really here is that flash flight does seem to be a bit cleaner and more visual than "flight"

flash flight is just that a flash of flight and boom the magic is done. its much more of a visual what the heck moment than the other version.

tempted to get this just to have a quick and simple impromptu effect;

sam

This came out first.
It is very different than Regeneration and Shin Lim's Flight.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, Sam Sandler wrote:
Did not say it was better I said it was similar I also stated that I liked the flash flight better as it was more visual.

but it is pretty much the same trick

Not even close to the same trick. shin Lim effect the corner just hangs there. Witch to me any layman would figure it out in a min. This is a torn corner that jumps from your hand back to the card. Yes similar if you want to say a torn corner effect.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
How awkward is the "Git riddy" I am not really seeing that live start to finish and can I use the deck prior or after without issue?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
How awkward is the "Git riddy" I am not really seeing that live start to finish and can I use the deck prior or after without issue?

The get ready is completely hidden. And very easy and quick.

I would say you could easily use the deck afterward if you remove the gimmick as "remove the jokers"
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
Thanks for the professional advice Stucky! Much appreciated. As for me or your revealing anything.. Let me start here, what is thr sense in your comment? Why constantly hate.. This is a great trick & I stand by it 1oo% who cares what the method is?! If you like it.. Check it out,its a $4.95 download and mark my words well see something similar soon that will be praised!! Its all about who you know and how much BS you can take.. As for a full performce in the trailer, that's a rare & boring trialer in my opinion but that's my companies business isn't it? I know this is a forum site for open opinions but where is the line? Magnets, elastic thread...ect if you havent bought the trick then saging all thatis ok, means this place is a site to reveal magic.. Simple as that, ****** Appear for a reason, because your not supposed to even mention the methods here directley of anywhere for that matter, its just plain disrespectful. I understand though the entire world wasnt raised the same, or value the art of magic the same Smile Im gonna go relax now...gooosfraba!!

Wow. Just seeing this. Is there still an $4.95 download option some place?

Dan
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Am I the only one here think this is obvious? I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and her friend, they nailed it on first guess. I think it does look good though. Just not for me. I'll have to pass on this.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this & love it.

Easy to make & easy to do & super visual.

Looks like what magic should look like_ MAGICAL.

Well done Nicholas.

Mike Donoghue
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2016, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
Am I the only one here think this is obvious? I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and her friend, they nailed it on first guess. I think it does look good though. Just not for me. I'll have to pass on this.

Maybe you should not do it right out of the box.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I agre with infographic that depending on the attention and angle it sort of telegraphs. That semi full performance posted at a an angle so odd that only if you are on stilts would a audience view (top down shot would have been more realistic.), it really did not look good from that angle so thus I cant say the claim of 360 is genuine as it should look good from all angles.
It is probably better live when there is more distraction. Magic on video is tough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL