The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmick resale value (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I was just wondering why a lot of the high end gimmicks don't retain their resale value. I sold an un used walker 3t from Lassen awhile back and got 315 shipped and lost the paypal fees. He sells for 375 plus shipping plus pay pal fees. Another guy is trying to sell his right now and can't find anyone at 315.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
A lot depends on reaching the right market. A lot of people here are bargain hunting. Nothing wrong with that, I do it myself, but it's not the best market to get top dollar.

A known reputable seller here couldn't seem to get rid of a dollar sized copper triple threat for about the same price you're talking about.
He ended up putting it on the big auction site and it went for nearly $700.

Search completed listings for "Todd lassen Copper Triple Threat" from seller "cardman345" and you can still see it.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I saw the one for $315.I would have bought it, but he said that it came back from a tune-up from Todd. that's tells me this has been dropped a few times. For that price and a few extra dollars I could buy a brand new one. That's the reason I did not buy it.

E
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Todd is good at bringing his stuff to fully working. That seller should get props for being honest, you don't always run into that.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
True and 60 dollars plus shipping, plus paypal isn't a few extra dollars. That's quite a price difference. Thanks for the clarification Inigmntoya. That makes sense since I do the same
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A lot of these items DO hold their value. It is just that a lot of potential buyers don't have $300+ sitting around. If the item stayed listed for the 15 given days (per Café Policy) and was re-listed, it would probably fetch the asking price. Often sellers are in a jam, I have seen people drop their prices 3 times in one day??? If you ordered a "New" item from Lassen (like this example) First, you must catch him in. Then order it and wait however long he waits until he is making that particular item again. (I don't think the machines are always set up to make every item at the drop of a hat). This is another great reason to stick to an asking price. Order today, get within 1 week. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Poof Daddy, for me it's the waiting time that is a major factor. I've happily waited as long as neccessary to get something from Todd Lassen and it's always well worth the wait so I'm not complaining. That's just the nature of the coin gaff biz.
But if I come across something being sold that I've been looking for and it's ready to ship, I'm going to nab it. Even if it's a higher price than a new one. This of course assuming it's a reliable seller and in excellent condition.

But I have to say, when that shipping notice from Lassen does finally arrive in my email I instantly become a 7 year old on Christmas Eve.
Instant gratification is nice but there is something to be said for waiting in anticipation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmick resale value (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL