The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Stand up fast & Loose , so without a table (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sander
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Sander
This video on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poMVr-H1I9U
shows Paul Wilson performing a version of fast and Loose without using a table.
I think that's is a very good idea, since I do walk around a lot, carry a chain anyway and don't always have a table to put things on.

Doe anybody have more ideas for this ? Are there any books or dvd's available for this?
i figured this out but I need to have more variations, I expect the people to say after I do the false move, and it is his turn 'now you do it again'. Need to have a way out of this if you know what I mean.

Any ideas are welcome.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1383 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
All in air Endless loop by Robert Brooks in Apocalypse (Sept 1983), Endlessly Elevated booklet by Mark Strivings, The Endless Chain by Supreme Magic, Paul Vigil book, etc.

IMO, Fast and Loose routines, especially in the air, shouldn't have too many phases. In the Paul Wilson Routine, he explains what a winner and a loser looks like, then three phases, then in the spectators hands to end. All the moves look the same, it's the patter that makes the routine.

While it may be fun to do, it can get old pretty fast for the spectator. Fast and Loose routines are all about patter. Check out The School for Scoundrels book for some good ideas.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1413 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I like pauls handling. 3 to 4 phases is enough.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Does anyone know if Paul's handling is published? I love the use of your own thumbs, and the extra twist that he gives it to get rid of the two "off limits" triangles.

Andru
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
277 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Endlessly Elevated is available directly from me, but I should warn you, my available supplies of the chain that comes with the book are dwindling fast (maybe 3-4 units left) and I somewhat doubt that I will go through the hassle of reissuing this. This isn't hype. It's fact.

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
Mark late to party so guessing they have all been snapped up?

David
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2882 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
In my opinion, the in the air versions are all for magic and fake con lectures. I doubt you would be able to get anyone to ever bet money on a version of On the Barrelhead in which the operator has so much control. It looks like Cats Cradle. You can use it for a lecture or demonstration-type routine, but you couldn't actually get people to have enough interest to place money on it.

In the table routines, the game is simple and deceptive enough to engage children for a long time. Adults will want to put money down.

The "In the Hands" versions are comparatively lame and uninteresting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Stand up fast & Loose , so without a table (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL