The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » James Brown Penguin Live Lecture (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thought I would write up a review for this since I can definitively say it's a very important piece of work for any performer here:

There was a book years ago that I hold very dear to me, Sleight of Mind by Ian Harling and Martin Nyrup. That was a book which if I recalled correctly, got slammed by Jamy Ian Swiss in a review. I fully understood why he didn't appreciate the book but I also knew that he missed the many many many lessons in that book. The lessons on belief. The lessons on influence and suggestion. The lessons on the power of imagination. It wasn't a hypnosis book since it was never pushed as such (the subtitle of the book after all was "Suggestion and Mind Control: The Mentalist's Toolkit") but all at the same time, it really did teach you about hypnosis. It was years later before I stumbled upon Anthony Jacquin and the Head Hacking material. Since I had already read Sleight of Mind, it really helped me understand what I was learning from Jacquin and Head Hacking.

Now I know you must be slightly confused since this is supposed to be a review on Jame's lecture but I'm just rambling on about a book, but it is! It is a review for this beautiful lecture. Just like how Sleight of Mind does not promote itself as a hypnosis book yet still teaches you pretty much everything you need to know about hypnosis, so is this James Brown lecture. Just like how the book contained many lessons which one would take, keep, and use for the rest of their lives so does this lecture. I can easily see how some people may watch the lecture and walk away disappointed because it would appear that on the surface they didn't learn any new tricks but that's really because they didn't take a little step back to view the big picture since the material here is very much a big picture concept rather than a list of mechanics to memorize and practice like a robot.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Many thanks for the review! Its available from http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7345
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Thought I would write up a review for this since I can definitively say it's a very important piece of work for any performer here:

There was a book years ago that I hold very dear to me, Sleight of Mind by Ian Harling and Martin Nyrup. That was a book which if I recalled correctly, got slammed by Jamy Ian Swiss in a review. I fully understood why he didn't appreciate the book but I also knew that he missed the many many many lessons in that book. The lessons on belief. The lessons on influence and suggestion. The lessons on the power of imagination. It wasn't a hypnosis book since it was never pushed as such (the subtitle of the book after all was "Suggestion and Mind Control: The Mentalist's Toolkit") but all at the same time, it really did teach you about hypnosis. It was years later before I stumbled upon Anthony Jacquin and the Head Hacking material. Since I had already read Sleight of Mind, it really helped me understand what I was learning from Jacquin and Head Hacking.

Now I know you must be slightly confused since this is supposed to be a review on Jame's lecture but I'm just rambling on about a book, but it is! It is a review for this beautiful lecture. Just like how Sleight of Mind does not promote itself as a hypnosis book yet still teaches you pretty much everything you need to know about hypnosis, so is this James Brown lecture. Just like how the book contained many lessons which one would take, keep, and use for the rest of their lives so does this lecture. I can easily see how some people may watch the lecture and walk away disappointed because it would appear that on the surface they didn't learn any new tricks but that's really because they didn't take a little step back to view the big picture since the material here is very much a big picture concept rather than a list of mechanics to memorize and practice like a robot.

Agreed Kissadookie.
This may be more appreciated by people that have looked into the HeadHacking AI Model/HYpnoSatSang/Bob Burn's Swan, etc., and want to see it demonstrated. Bare bones, stripped down, and still effective.

252AddingLittle Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » James Brown Penguin Live Lecture (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL