The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Books of Wonder Vol 1 & 2 reprint? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1928 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
All those scalpers still trying to sell them for $500-$600 and up are gonna be ****ed, they won't even know most likely lol.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Well shootz I started seeing them the other day at PM and today I got the 89 frog skins to get it together. Anyhow I can't wait to read them -- don't know if it's a reprint just glad the words are making they're way to me .
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Next buy will be menomica

glad and sad that there are reprints but thanks from me
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Hope there aren't too many
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1928 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Well you should be glad as the material is meant to be read and used, books that go out of print do not do anyone any good except for maybe greedy collectors who want to charge high prices for books that are no longer available or selfishly keep them to themselves. Although I am a collector I am first and foremost a performer. So I am always glad to see books back in print as they were made to be read and used so that the author and their material lives on. I always found it odd also that the OOP/high price thing only seems to happen with magic books mostly, in every other hobby or professional books are dirt cheap even if they are OOP. But it is never a good thing when such great information and work is no longer available, except for those as I said who want to keep them selfishly to themselves. New magicians should have access to the material in order for the art to continue on. Luckily there is so much still available out there though. But I think everything ever written should still be available as that is why it was written, to be read and used.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Books of Wonder Vol 1 & 2 reprint? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL