The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zodiac Gods by Unknown Mentalist (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, Woodfield wrote:
Well, what is Unkown's incentive to print new cards if you keep selling the misprinted ones? You sell quite a bit of his products. I think you have some leverage.

I continue to offer it as is, because there has not been any significant push back by customers. As I said, so far only one customer contacted me about this typo out of many dozens sold, and even that one customer decided to keep it rather than take the refund. So it does not appear to be the fatal flaw you make it out to be. As Michael pointed out one can even turn it into a benefit. All of this tells me the trick has merit even with the typo. I leave it up to customers to make their own decisions.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
A typo in a book is one thing, it is unacceptable on a card that forms the basis of an effect. I mean, how difficult is it to use a spell-checker? How much time does it take to have a card proof read?

Far too often mentalism involves people selling amateurish products at professional prices.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I don't have this effect but, for me, spelling mistakes stand out like a 'sore thumb.' As a result, I will be passing this effect by.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Got a chance to read the updated pdf. The 'spelling mistake' routine looks good but I may not perform it. For a more 'reader' type of performer, it should fit well and play nice, imo.

But the birthday divination method given is what I liked a lot. Imagine telling them their exact birthday after they have settled for just a zodiac sign guess. I am even thinking of combining this with Sudo's Eclipse. Planning to try this after a client meeting.

Now 'bout the typo. Frankly, until @woodfield pointed out, I never even noticed it (so much for my 'observation skills' Smile). Also, I now realize why even none of my specs did not notice it. Although, my poor math did not progress beyond high school, I will attempt to guess why. 11 out of every 12 specs will never see the word 'energitic'. And the one spec who may have seen it has not really bothered about it, in my case - there are many other revelations happening too which probably kept them busy. That's why.

Not saying that a spelling mistake is acceptable. No doubt - unprofessional of the author. But as a user, I'm not at all affected by it (in this case). In fact, I am enjoying performing this, especially the smaller card.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
After buying, and using many different zodiac effects, I like Ascension by Joshua Quinn, and Zodiak Gods by the Unknown Mentalist the best. Ascension is great because it leads right into a reading, and Zodiak Gods works well because it's so easy and deceptive to get the persons zodiac sign. Now, with the Zodiak Gods update on Lybrary.com, getting the exact birthday of the person is a snap too. If you're into reading, and are looking for a quick, deceptive way to ascertain someone's zodiac sign and exact birth date quickly, I recommend Zodiak Gods.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Zodiak Gods is so clean and direct - a work of genius. Divining the exact date of birth is a true miracle. I highly recommend it. Got it as a bundle with Skullptor - another cool work - from www.unknownmentalist.com
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
This looks like a really good effect.
Is there a UK customs duty to pay on Zodiak Gods?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
A little off subject though it does tie in with a misspelling...
I was having a few drinks with Tony Andruzzi once and the subject of misspelled words came up. I'll always remember his reply, "It's the sign of great intelligence if one can spell a word more than one way."

Not saying he was right, but it was funny at the time.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Got this today, as a small Christmas surprise from my grand-daughter ...
really like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zodiac Gods by Unknown Mentalist (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL