The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk thru mic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Currently have a need to incorporate this into my act. Have never done it and have never even thought about it. Now that I am, what is the best resource to learn the required handling? I prefer using a reel as those variations seem a little more elegant to my eye. Is the Rice Encyclopedia the best place to get this info or are there newer sources that contain updated information/handlngs? Thanks.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Paul Diamond Reel Magic Volume 1.

http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......s_id=545
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The advantage of going with Volume Two of the "Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic" is that you not only get the reel penetration, but many other silk effects that use a reel, PLUS "Rice's Dissolve" which is a sleight of hand method that does not use a reel or any other gimmick- pure sleight of hand for those times when all you have is a silk and a microphone stand (or a rope) PLUS all those other "Reel-Less Silk" methods that can also come in handy in certain situations. You get them all in that one volume of silk magic. Something to consider.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your responses. It gives me solid footing to move forward.

Much appreciated.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I think that Bill can attest to how good my gimmickless, sleight of hand version is... It's on my demo video.

Jimmy
www.jimmyfingers.com
www.magellanlevitation.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
How many times did Paul Diamond perform this? It was always there. (I do miss the youngster. He was great with coins too.)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk thru mic (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL