The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brett Sherwood (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
You may want to check with Kennedy. They are notorious for sitting on things. I had my Sherwoods 5 days after I paid Brett for them.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Wow, seriously? Thanks for the heads-up Mad Jake. I'll contact them ASAP.
medievalmagician
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of medievalmagician
I received mine about 7 days after receiving the email with tracking information from Brett. Shipped to West Coast Canada
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Unfortunately after getting in touch with the USPS, Royal Mail, and the US customs office at Kennedy, nobody can tell me where the package is.

I've e-mailed Brett and am waiting to hear back from him.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
If I remember correctly Brett does ship his packages insured.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have a web address you can check the tracking number through. It was just given to me by some one in Italy who is sending his cups to be engraved an silver plated. I'll go look now, the site may be able to help
you.

Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Found it.

https://www.poste.it/cerca/index.html#/

If this can't help, I'm sure Brett can trace it from his end. He might take a few to get back to you since he travels a lot doing his show, but I'm sure he will reply to you as soon as he can.

Jake Jr.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Thanks but unfortunately there's no information there. The package is insured so we'll be able to take that route if it never shows up, but for now I just have to wait and see what happens. If by the end of the month it hasn't arrived we'll pursue reimbursement.

What's frustrating is that Royal Mail continues to say that the info on the USPS site (Origin post is preparing shipment) typically means that the package was accepted by customs, which to me sounds like a load of garbage. Just means that it was getting ready to ship to the US. USPS has no record of ever having received it, and US customs says that it would have to come via the USPS to get into their possession. So All I get when I pursue it is a bunch of agencies all pointing fingers at one another.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mad Jake, but thanks for the concern.

To anyone who reads this and wonders, Brett has been very communicative and has always replied to my e-mails. I had heard he had good customer service and for what it's worth he is working with me on this.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Well, after nearly a month in Limbo (through the fault of the USPS) I finally received my cups from Brett and I must say, I love them!
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
You have dome "Cadillac" cups! Enjoy!
Justin M. Monehen
View Profile
New user
UK
50 Posts

Profile of Justin M. Monehen
Picking up on an earlier comment about BS written on the tips of the wands and it feeling like someone else wand. I wonder if there will ever be an option to have your own initials on the wand. I have had the Silver Engraved Cups for many years and they are stunning (simply the best on the market). I really would like the matching wand - but if I'm going to invest in such a beautiful (and personal) object such as an engraved magic wand - I find it hard to have someone else's initials on it. I'll send a message to Brett in the morning to see his thoughts on it, (I can fully understand why he wants his initials on his items), but it may be nice to have an option. Any thoughts?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Clearly you should just change your name so your initials match!
As a matter of fact, I have a friend who's initials are 'BS' - I should let him know about these...

In all seriousness, let us know what you find out.
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, Justin M. Monehen wrote:
Picking up on an earlier comment about BS written on the tips of the wands and it feeling like someone else wand. I wonder if there will ever be an option to have your own initials on the wand. I have had the Silver Engraved Cups for many years and they are stunning (simply the best on the market). I really would like the matching wand - but if I'm going to invest in such a beautiful (and personal) object such as an engraved magic wand - I find it hard to have someone else's initials on it. I'll send a message to Brett in the morning to see his thoughts on it, (I can fully understand why he wants his initials on his items), but it may be nice to have an option. Any thoughts?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to feel this way.
Justin M. Monehen
View Profile
New user
UK
50 Posts

Profile of Justin M. Monehen
Yep Bruce Smith (magic guru of Hamleys) often comments that the cups have his initials Smile
Sent an email off - Brett is always lovely and whatever the answer,it won't distract from the quality of some amazing props. I just can't think of another time I've performed with a prop that displays someone else's logo so it feel a bit weird. Maybe others like logos and brands?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I kind of get the initials thing, but I guess I regard it more along the lines of a maker's name being on clothes: Levi, Calvin Klein, Bill Blass, and so on...
I never feel like I'm wearing someone else's clothes Smile

Personally, I'm ambivalent, as long as the initials aren't something that is blatantly obvious to a spec.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Cary Grant avoided clothing with brand names visibly on them. He refused to advertise any clothing company. I'm also ambivalent about Brett's initials on his wands. Is anyone going to point the wand straight at the spectator for any length of time? I doubt they are going to notice the engravings on the tips.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Chessmann wrote:

Personally, I'm ambivalent, as long as the initials aren't something that is blatantly obvious[...]

You mean like the way it is on 90% of the clothing branding? Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Chessmann wrote:

Personally, I'm ambivalent, as long as the initials aren't something that is blatantly obvious[...]

You mean like the way it is on 90% of the clothing branding? Smile

The first line was about clothes, the last was about magic props Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Two sets of Sherwood's wand pouches arrived and they are gorgeous and well made. Both of my 2 piece wands are now in better storage. My Nicot bar cup is also in a Sherwood drawstring cup bag. Brett's products are among the finest.
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Such beautiful cups and wands. I'm in agreement with others that it's a shame he puts his initials on the end of the wands, but IT DOES lend itself to some good patter. Hoping I can save up and buy some of these....Once my skills are up to par.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brett Sherwood (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL