The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine: Beyond Magic (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Cannot wait. Love watching all the pre-show unfold , so much to learn on that subject, its an artform in itself .. Dynamo , Derren , David
MD
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, phase27 wrote:
This is a week away and it doesn't feel like it. Seems like there was a lot more hype for "Real or Magic".

I feel like ABC has been playing the commercial a lot the last 2 weeks. My guess, Press might start picking up on this after the US election is over. Most likely talk shows later this week, early next.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:
This is a week away and it doesn't feel like it. Seems like there was a lot more hype for "Real or Magic".

I feel like ABC has been playing the commercial a lot the last 2 weeks. My guess, Press might start picking up on this after the US election is over. Most likely talk shows later this week, early next.

Good point. I bet after today it will pick up. Speaking of I just saw that Blaine will be on Jimmy Fallon this Friday.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/gues......e/285918
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I love David Blaine
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Great- another hours worth of magical effects that will be exposed within 10 minutes of this special's airing. Wonder how happy everyone will be if he does a trick with one of those expensive sven-pads. Sorry to sound bitter, but I think we're better off without, in my opinion.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
Great- another hours worth of magical effects that will be exposed within 10 minutes of this special's airing. Wonder how happy everyone will be if he does a trick with one of those expensive sven-pads. Sorry to sound bitter, but I think we're better off without, in my opinion.

Interesting......I see it differently.

IMHO we NEED performers like Blaine doing these multi million $ advertising campaigns for magic, this helps all of us Smile Gives the entire art of magic a lift in the public mind's eye and inspires more bookings for all magicians generally.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:

Well we know that most of it will come from that one guy who is also a wrestler and a motivational speaker and an actor.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:

Good point. I bet after today it will pick up. Speaking of I just saw that Blaine will be on Jimmy Fallon this Friday.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/gues......e/285918

Just saw his performance on Fallon - great stuff. Anyone know if the card effects he showed are commercially marketed and if so their names? Thanks.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Ha! Finally, some stuff mortals can do. Smile Loved it.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I don't know if we can/should discuss it here, but I really appreciated his confidence and methods. Very nice. Maybe downstairs? Most of us should know, right? I could be way off, but for the first I'm thinking almost the Dai's royal relative routine. And for the second I'm thinking Paul Harris with some Banachek-esque maneuvering for numbers, etc.

So cool to watch.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Here's the Jimmy Fallon performance if anyone (like myself) missed it.

https://youtu.be/Z8Ws4PEky28
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Over the years it seems as though David is leaning towards mentalism now.. Just my personal observation. I feel like he mixes both magic and mentalism quite well actually.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
The real learning here is how uncomplicated and straight forward the effects are.....that's good segment on Fallon.
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
God bless
Paul Harris @ Stevie Star
MD
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Poor frog. Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Blaine's persona is wonderful.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Eagerly waiting for it!
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Jimmy Fallon is L&L audience worthy..
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
The frog thing ?!How the hell...?! I mean I really doubt he was regurgitating a living frog but I have no idea,but it was a helluva way to end the segment.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
David Blaine is great as long as he sticks to the magic and stays away from blocks of ice and large fish bowls etc....NO MORE STUNTS !
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine: Beyond Magic (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL