The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Good books for Gambling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Romiloga01
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Romiloga01
Hi, I'm looking for books or dvds about gambling any sugestion?
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Gambling is addictive. Stay away from it. Smile
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, Romiloga01 wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for books or dvds about gambling any sugestion?

Your question is vague. Do you want books/DVDs about the history of gambling? Do you want material that would be classified as "gambling" routines in the context of magic? Gambling itself is a wide term. It could mean anything from how to play Poker to betting on horses and everything in between.

So, unless you can provide a more focused question, you might as well search Amazon.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Given the context of the forum he chose to post in, we could take a guess that he is looking for self working gambling routines?
Which is an interesting discussion regardless of whether or not that's what was meant by the original question.

Gambling routines are most often presented as demos of real skill. Its satisfying to present self workers as a demo of skill.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
For gambling routines Darwin Ortiz, Martin Nash and James Swain as cover many routine in the realm of gambling presentations, I also suggest the work of Jack Carpenter work, his effects are very streamlined.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
As far as self working gambling routines go, I highly recommend looking into the Ten Card Poker Deal, about which Bob Farmer just wrote an extensive treatise.

Also take a look at Fulves' Self Working series. He often features a gambling chapter in each book.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Also have a look in The Card Magic of Nick Trost and the multi-volume set Nick Trost's Subtle Card Magic. Nick Trost's material is superb. Also, Stewart James created some spiffy (I like that word) routines. The large James volumes are OOP but I think The Essential Stewart James is still easy to find. In the large books and The Essential Stewart James there is a brilliant routine called Ten Nights in a Cardroom. In the larger books there is a large chapter titled Pokericulum with some very nice routines.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
The Cardiste by Rusduck is worth getting.
A good deck switch w/ Alphomega, kills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Good books for Gambling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL