The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula II by Yigal Mesika (94 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Mesika has a teaser ad up for an upcoming effect, Tarantula II. Anyone have any info on this?

http://www.yigalmesika.com
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I really didn't think the first one needed any improvement! I would love to hear anything more about this one and what makes it better!
DavidJComedy
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
79 Posts

Profile of DavidJComedy
My original one broke down very easily, with minimal use, only practice. I never got good enough to perform with it, because it broke down, battery corroded very easily as well. With many other methods using IT, I think I'll stick with those.
David
davidjcomedy.com
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
No trailer?

It seems like he is having a lot of 2.0 stuff out lately...

Loops, Spider Pen, Electronic Touch, and now Tarantula. However, I have to say I love all of the trailers.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Got the email from Penguin. They have a trailer.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8359

New Features

1. A rechargeable battery that will last you 50 performances on just one single charge. No more expensive batteries!

2. You can instantly lock and unlock the motor at any moment you wish. Absolutely no set-ups!

3. The micro motor is now completely silent and provides the IT reel with constant perfect tension.

4. Say goodbye to old-school button reel activation! New patented Soul TechnologyTM is ready when you are and enables you to operate completely hands free.

5. The revolutionary stealth design is now far more intuitive, more comfortable, and extremely easy to master.

6. A brand new video tutorial with Yigal Mesika himself teaching you new effects, performance tips, and psychological subtleties that will elevate your performances to new heights. Beginners and working
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I really didn't enjoy the Soul TechnologyTM in the Spider Pen. I thought it would have been a tow switch that I saw being developed once but the effect of Soul TechnologyTM didn't make me drop my itr. I also thought the button on the Tarantula needed work but I found it useful.
victors911
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of victors911
What about refills? how much they will be?
or I can refill with my own invisible thread? any info?
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Hmmm ... my first one broke too, didn't last long ... same design ?
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I just confirmed via chat that while there is a 3 month guarantee

"Penguin guarantee: If for any reason you don't absolutely love the new Tarantula 2.0 in the first 3 months you have it, we'll take it back no questions asked."

it doesn't include return shipping.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, victors911 wrote:

I imagine the spooling will be the same, so buying refills will be just as it has always been with Tarantula and SPP. The capability to use your IT of choice has always been there, so I would guess that nothing is changing that will prevent that.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Can someone please explain to me what SoulTechnologyTM is?
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

I imagine the spooling will be the same, so buying refills will be just as it has always been with Tarantula and SPP. The capability to use your IT of choice has always been there, so I would guess that nothing is changing that will prevent that.

How easy was it to replace the IT of the first Tarantula after it ran out by using your own IT (especially if you have never worked with IT/ITR before)?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
COMING SOON
This product is expected to ship on July 17, 2017.
You may reserve a copy now and it will ship to you when it arrives.

Pre-Order till July 17 and then starts shipping... am I reading right?

Love the trailer! how Yigal can manage IT during daylight and all that lights over night is awesome... is the IT used very strong and very invisible?
Very curious about the improvements made, hope all good so we can all have one! Smile
bvandijk
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of bvandijk
I've had the original Tarantula and it broke (little switch broke off) after weeks, I've send at least 25 emails to Yigal's support. After mail 10 they send me a new switched and charged me 5$ for it, but it did not fit at all, way bigger. After that they just stopped responding.

Never again for me a Mesika product. A shame, I really liked the spider pen and the tarantula.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2017, bvandijk wrote:
I've had the original Tarantula and it broke (little switch broke off) after weeks, I've send at least 25 emails to Yigal's support. After mail 10 they send me a new switched and charged me 5$ for it, but it did not fit at all, way bigger. After that they just stopped responding.

Never again for me a Mesika product. A shame, I really liked the spider pen and the tarantula.

That was relevant how?
www.mentalistry.com
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Schism wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

How easy was it to replace the IT of the first Tarantula after it ran out by using your own IT (especially if you have never worked with IT/ITR before)?

I never tried it but I can easily imagine that it's a lot of pain to do manually. I did this with web spinners and I felt that it was not worth my time.
Two spools cost around 15$ and they last quite long once you are used. The bigger issue for me is to have the thread not being entangled than breaking it actually.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
I must be a lucky buyer, mine still works (5 years after I think?), nothing bad to say about the Tarantula. I use it for the haunted deck and it's pretty awesome for that.
The fact that the new version has a controllable blocking system is a huge improvement for me, I like to work without tension for my effects since it provide more natural and controllable movements, without the awkward balancing on the thread while it is spinning when you move back and forth (like with the spider pen).
For once, I will get a pre-order with no visibility and will post a review once I get it.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Schism wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's pretty easy, a few seconds. But you need to buy the special refills (around 15$ for 2 spools of 25 feet each).
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:

Anyone??
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2017, ed wood wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:

Anyone??

Anyone.... Please?
www.mentalistry.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula II by Yigal Mesika (94 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL