The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Serendipity in Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

htmagic
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
50 Posts

Profile of htmagic
Has anyone had a serendipitous moment in their performance?

I did a show where I introduced a Genie that lived in a square circle. You’ve seen those square circles with the genie painted on the tube and on the box. I explained to the audience that he was magical and helped me with my tricks but he was shy and invisible. So I use the square circle through my show, calling on the Genie to help me.

One trick I called for a female volunteer and I asked to borrow a ribbon from her hair (she had none in her hair). But with a TT, I pulled out a ribbon out of her hair and used it in my next trick, 'The Devil's Disk' where I make a CD disappear with a ribbon through the case. The CD disappears and I drop the ribbon into the tube and make it vanish. I then show the tube empty and pulled up the ribbon and up it comes with the CD hanging in the middle.

I then did the 'Needle Through Balloon' trick and as I put the needle through the balloon, I decided to thread the ribbon through the eye of the needle and pulled it through the balloon. (I never did it this way before.) The ribbon went through the balloon without popping but the ribbon was wide enough to make the balloon deflate slowly. I noticed this immediately and got the idea to put the balloon over the square circle. I also unhooked the needle from the ribbon and put the needle back into the wand. The balloon slowly deflated as I exclaimed: "Oh, my Genie LOVES balloons. Watch him get this one now!", as it dropped into the tube. I flipped the rest of the ribbon into the tube as I heard gasps from the audience! And of course, I showed the tube to be empty as I took my bows.

I'm sure anyone that has done a lot of performances has had a serendipitous moment in their performance. I would like to hear from you what made your performance magical?
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

High-Tech Magic
http://www.high-techmagic.com/
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I sometime use a character called Mother Magic.
In one of my show, a woman had the same shade of grey, hair and bun as my wig.

Another time I was at a Christmas show in a little town in Kansas
The whole town was at their civic center
I began to play Oh Christmas Tree only Harmonica
I jokingly said, " I will now play it on German"
After 2 notes a woman in the audience began to and completed
Oh Tennenbaum.

I used to collect comic books now I collect smiles &
memories.
Love and prayers
Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
After an evening performance I was walking the isles and spotted a bezel from a watch.

So I did what you normally do, I palmed it, then I walked back to the stage.

20 seconds later a kid walks in and starts walking the isles.
"What are you looking for, I asked"
"I lost a part off my watch" and he came over to show me.

I waved my empty hand over the watch and clamped my other hand around it. The bezel snapped in place with a soft click. I magically removed my hand and his mouth about dropped to the floor. I bet he's still talking about it 15 years later.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My office has motion sensor lights.
A few weeks ago I was walking a student to my office.
As I opened the door I clapped my hands in timing when I knew the light would go on.

The student said Mr Deutsch you have clap on light.

Clap on
Clap off.

Hopefully you won't get that jingle stuck in your head
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Serendipity in Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL