The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Faerie Shilling by Professor BC (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Remember one headed for Sugar Land, TEXAS?
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Do they have treacle mines in Sugar Land I wonder?
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
We don't even have any sugar. But as the saying goes-
Sugar Land - the sweetest town in TEXAS where there is no Equal.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Sir
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I received my parcel today. It was worth every single penny! Er, pence I suppose.

I have only just gotten started on practicing this routine. As I have said before I am have been wanting a center piece for a new show based on fairy tales and folklore. I also received "A Field Guide to Irish Folklore by Bob Curran" in the mail as well to compliment the effect.

So, much to work with! I will be spending many hours on this I am sure.

Thank you Prof BC and thank you Dan!

Vince
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I got it today as well. Looks great, but I'm so busy that I have not even had time to open the envelopes!

Really looking forward to playing with this.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Any reviews, yet?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'll leave a more detailed review to folks who are better at it. My first impressions are that this is a pretty nice product. You get a pile of normal coins to go with the special items, and the coin purse is far more clever than I thought it would be. The instructions are clear and give a variety of ways to use the provided goodies, ranging from "if you can close your hand you can pull this off" to more complex sleight of hand.

Something I always like about Prof BC things is that he tends to provide a toolbox of skills and techniques to use to build your own routines, and highly encourages doing so.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I'm in a similar situation - I have it sitting on my counter unopened due to Christmas time business. So no true review yet.
josefskye
View Profile
New user
santa fe, nm, usa
7 Posts

Profile of josefskye
Humbled, embarassed and humiliated am I.... I received this lovely Faerie Shilling, and it is so beautifully done, but too much for me.... I am just a lowly beginner, and this one is above my pay-grade.... What to do? I have been to Ireland 8 times, so loved the story. I think maybe it needs a more appropriate home, everything is basically untouched.... I can't put it in the marketplace as I do not have 50 posts, but I am a 12 year seller on Ebay with 100% feedback, seller name "viswan." Perhaps someone here is interested?
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
No escape. The faerie shilling will keep haunting you...👛
josefskye
View Profile
New user
santa fe, nm, usa
7 Posts

Profile of josefskye
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2016, Delimbeau wrote:
No escape. The faerie shilling will keep haunting you...👛

ha ha. that's funny. Ireland is a very magical place for sure.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Josefskye, As a fellow lowly beginner I fully understand your situation, but can I urge you to hang on to your Faerie Shilling just a bit longer or it might indeed haunt you.

I'm a middle aged hobby magician, I only get to indulge my passion when work and home commitments allow me the time to do so. My sleight of hand abilities are very poor (big hands that have been hit a few too many times by swords over the years) and I'm pretty shy so story telling and performance are not my forte.

When I received the pdf for The Faerie Shilling I thought the same as you, this is light years above my pay grade and I'm never going to be able to do it justice...

But, I had foolishly forgotten that this is a Prof BC production and like the other Prof BC gems I am lucky to own it is not always as it seems. Work has been hectic up to Christmas so I've had little time to study the manual in full, but I have already spotted a routine that will suit me perfectly. I need to get some practice in before I can perform it but I already know that when I'm comfortable with it it will be a beauty. I love coin magic but know that I'll never be a finger flinger and I have come to realise that I don't need to be. There is something here for the beginner, the intermediate and the expert and as we progress I can see us coming back to The Faerie Shilling again and again to take it up a level each time.

I read Bobo's Modern Coin Magic a few years ago and learned some basics but didn't have the confidence to build any kind of routine. The Faerie Shilling is the perfect routine for me to build my confidence supported by some absolutely genius "special items" As mentioned by WitchDocChris the routines range from "if you can close your hand" to infinity.

So I urge you to escape somewhere quiet for a few hours over Yuletide and just have a play with the Faerie Shilling, download one of the free pdf versions of Bobo's book that are freely available to magicians on the interweb and try a few moves. I'm sure you'll fall in love with it like I have and realise that it has so much potential to help you learn the basics and beyond.

I've set up a thread inside the crypt for deeper discussion on the Faerie Shilling. I know that you can't access the crypt yet but If you decide to stick with your Faerie Shilling and PM me I'll be more than happy to let you know if anything is posted that might be of specific use to you.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Only 7 copies left!
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Received mine and it more than fulfills expectations.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
It still hasn't arrived. I'm craving! :-b
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Wow, it arrived quickly!
Yann SICAMOIS
josefskye
View Profile
New user
santa fe, nm, usa
7 Posts

Profile of josefskye
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, Bogbadger wrote:
Hi Josefskye, As a fellow lowly beginner I fully understand your situation, but can I urge you to hang on to your Faerie Shilling just a bit longer or it might indeed haunt you.

I'm a middle aged hobby magician, I only get to indulge my passion when work and home commitments allow me the time to do so. My sleight of hand abilities are very poor (big hands that have been hit a few too many times by swords over the years) and I'm pretty shy so story telling and performance are not my forte.

When I received the pdf for The Faerie Shilling I thought the same as you, this is light years above my pay grade and I'm never going to be able to do it justice...

But, I had foolishly forgotten that this is a Prof BC production and like the other Prof BC gems I am lucky to own it is not always as it seems. Work has been hectic up to Christmas so I've had little time to study the manual in full, but I have already spotted a routine that will suit me perfectly. I need to get some practice in before I can perform it but I already know that when I'm comfortable with it it will be a beauty. I love coin magic but know that I'll never be a finger flinger and I have come to realise that I don't need to be. There is something here for the beginner, the intermediate and the expert and as we progress I can see us coming back to The Faerie Shilling again and again to take it up a level each time.

I read Bobo's Modern Coin Magic a few years ago and learned some basics but didn't have the confidence to build any kind of routine. The Faerie Shilling is the perfect routine for me to build my confidence supported by some absolutely genius "special items" As mentioned by WitchDocChris the routines range from "if you can close your hand" to infinity.

So I urge you to escape somewhere quiet for a few hours over Yuletide and just have a play with the Faerie Shilling, download one of the free pdf versions of Bobo's book that are freely available to magicians on the interweb and try a few moves. I'm sure you'll fall in love with it like I have and realise that it has so much potential to help you learn the basics and beyond.

I've set up a thread inside the crypt for deeper discussion on the Faerie Shilling. I know that you can't access the crypt yet but If you decide to stick with your Faerie Shilling and PM me I'll be more than happy to let you know if anything is posted that might be of specific use to you.

Thank you, that was very very kind and thoughtful of you! I will consider your ideas carefully.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Hi Josefskye,...sent youma pm offer.
Thanks,
Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben")

Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I got it! This will keep me busy for while! Nice packaging!

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Faerie Shilling by Professor BC (121 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL