The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I'll just echo what others have articulated.

Great quality
Operates smoothly
Stickers out, metal IN.
Great value
Nice tutorials with great and workable routines.
Good magic with many possibilities.

Its just an all around great item. Highly recommended.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It'a pity that it doesn't list the other routines that can be done with this set of coins along with the demo.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Have also purchased this myself. And would like to say what excellent customer service from John.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's important to be there for you customers, and John believes in that to the hilt. This new set is getting a lot of attention, and while the videos that come with it explain it all, he still provides access for any questions. Class act! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
I can only add to the praise here!! the set is superb and his customer service is TOP notch. Thank you Mb217 for recommending John's coin set
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
My pleasure 216… Smile

I get a lot of inquiry about this new set and happy to make people aware, especially of something that is unique and progressive.

This new set from John Jurney is the best Split Triple Coin set out there, the workmanship and contact with the creator is second to none. And I'm happy to make people aware of it. Smile

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategor......alition/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
John Jurney is a great guy to deal with and does excellent work.
I agree that this new triple split is very innovative and the absolute best version on the market.
Oh, and did I mention he has great prices too.

You can do many of the Sucker Punch moves and changes with this set as well. If you get 2 sets then it opens up another world of possibilities. I know John is looking into making matching regular Japanese coins. This would be a great addition for some C/S routines.
That's what I like most about these coin sets, they are really just utility items and I believe the surface of what is possible has barely been scratched yet.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
That's great news that he's looking into producing the Japanese coins. That would be the logically addition to this set if it can be done.

John really is great at communicating too. He's always quick to answer any questions.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I would love to get the set with japanese coins, any eta?
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2016, ash2arani wrote:
I would love to get the set with japanese coins, any eta?

I am sure like most of us here on this thread are hoping the same. With Johns Craftsmanship and precision engineering and excellent customer service there would be no shortage of orders flying in to John.

I would also like to say to Johnny a big big thank you for giving us the privilege to own this. And a big big big thanks to Mb217 (Marion) fof fetching this to our attention.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks guys, those are a lot of nice first-hand comments about John's new coin set. Smile A lot of people from all over continue to speak about it…Here's another:

Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, happy4magic wrote:
I rarely post here. I have been preforming magic for 60 years. My first love is sleight of hand & coin magic. I have been asked to comment on this double face triple coin gaff. Although I own gaff coins from Lassen, Schoolcraft, Kreis, Keupers, Belmont, Tango, Mason, Sasco, Johnson, & others, I generally don't use many gaff coins. However, this is a coin I have started to carry & use due to pocket management & ability to play to a larger, stand up group. The JJ Coin Coalition does not use vinyl stickers, as the Wong coin does, for the oriental coin which can & do jamb & stick with out teflon or regular lubrication. They are solid metal. I usually end the routine with a complete vanish or the production of a 7 inch jumbo silver or oriental coin which takes any heat off spectators asking to examine the coin as I hand out the mega-jumbo. This is a wonderful magic tool, but not a substitute for learning & being able to perform fundamental coin sleights & manipulations. If you are at least an intermediate coin handler, you can share & have a lot of magical fun with this newest technology advancement. R

http://www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/un......alition/

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Mine showed up in the mail today. It is definitely way better than the old DFSTC that I used to have. Finally, someone has figured out how to make one without stickers. It is machined so well that it even slides perfectly without any additions but clear discs are included if you are so inclined to use them. The videos are very clear and concise. All is taught well and there is no excessive babble that seems to accompany so many instructions these days. And far better than clicks and whistles. Smile

Two different routines are taught which is very nice. One is a "split coin" routine that plays fairly quick, excellent for table hopping. The other is a full routine using all 3 splits that could also be done following the split coin routine. Plus there is a lot of other routines "out there" using these particular gaffs so you won't have a problem finding something for any skill level or time limit. One nice thing about the vids is they are all done separately so you don't have to watch a bunch of extra stuff or jot down time codes for the part you want. This is a well thought out idea with today's " 3 hr long, no menu videos " that are becoming more common.

I tried these out in my BlackBird and if you put the "split coin" in one side and the 3rd bit in the other, they both deploy perfectly. You could just wring them in and pop them together on the sly to start or you could do the "split coin routine" then deploy the extra bit and let the routine take wings.

This also works, as stated earlier, quite well with a Secret Servante. I had no trouble loading it or unloading it from mine. I'm guessing you could wring this in or out with a number of different holdouts. Even a good shim or a Trabucco Holdout would do the job.

All said and done, this project is a total winner and at a great price. Now folks can dump the stickers and all the add ons and get a practical, expertly machined set at a fair price.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
I love this, thanks for the recommendation MB, you've never let me down thus far. This is very accessible for someone of my skill level with coins. I also see how as my general coin skill grows, I don't have to abandon this. This set will grow with me. I can simply apply more advanced handlings to this existing tool. I don't see myself parting with these. The price to value ratio is extremely high on this one...

My only gripe is that I wish the instruction videos were downloadable, I dislike this new trend of having to sit in front of an internet connected computer every time I want to practice. I would love to be able to practice in places that don't have internet, or on long commutes that I don't have internet.

Regardless, I certainly recommend this!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I've now used this several times during my "normal" gigs - mix and mingle and around tables, and it's great! I bring it in and out of play using my Secret Servante unit, allowing the gimmick to be switched in and out immediately with no reset at all. As a working magician this is vital for me.

I will try to get a video shortly. Great product John and thanks to Marion for the heads up.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks guys for all the good words here about John's new coin set…Each of you and so many others out there now are seeing what I was talking about, as to this coin's uniqueness of design and functionality. It truly is something to behold and just fun, fun, fun to present. Smile

I like all the options mentioned on how to use this and how using it in conjunction with other things makes it an even more lethal weapon in your magic arsenal. Smile

*And blurry, I told'ya, I wouldn't let you down. Smile

http://www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/un......alition/

onlion
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of onlion
I have been a member for a long time now, but rarely if ever post. I feel compelled to say something about this. I have been a coin guy for a long time, with stuff from Lassen, Schoolcraft, Kueppers, all the greats. I own and use triples, splits, and DFSTs from Wong and Mogar...they do great work. But this just takes it to the next level. The workmanship is amazing, and the design that allows for the "change" is just ingenious. Blew me away. The routines provided on video links are fantastic as well. Fresh thinking, care, and precision went into every aspect of this...from the conception, to workmanship to the routining. I can't recommend this enough!
Thank you MB for the heads up on John's return!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
On Saturday I got to use mine for the first time in a 2 hour gig. It was the hit of the night!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Received mine today and I'm very pleased! I'll probably order another set soon.

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
That's great Mac, and that you're so pleased with this that you might get another, well, that says an awful lot from someone that is a very scrutinizing magic consumer. Smile I'm sure you'll enjoy this marvelous set, as Café members onlion and Brian have also put forth as to the overall quality, play, and unique workmanship of this new design.

And simplymagic right above (a solid working pro) has used it and found it wonderful, especially in conjunction with his very clever, "Secret Servante." It's good when magical things immediately all play nice in the sandbox. Smile Heard from Poof daddy here that it also works well with "BlackBird," too. Smile So many options.

Let us know your thoughts, Mac, when you get some time in with "Coin Coalition." Smile

gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Received mine yesterday and how delighted I was.A beautiful precision piece of engineering from john...Craftsmanship at it's best.

I wish in the near future that John might also consider doing a set of his beautifully designed chinese coins with a s**** I would most definetly be interested..

Many thanks John for giving us the privilege of your workmanship and great customer service.

Graham
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL