The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not long ago, creator/craftsman, John Jurney returned to the magic scene BIGTIME with a new Triple Split Coin set, featuring his routine using a poker chip. It's a great routine, but John didn't stop there, he kept thinking about this kind of coin, and thinking, and thinking...And now the thought has become reality in a very unique & clever way. He has now developed a unique NEW "Triple Split Coin" set by deeply re-thinking the design, and it is something to see, about the size of a regular Eisenhower (Ike) dollar coin. I know, hard to believe with all the other stuff out there that has been anything but. Smile People have asked and dreamed of this, and now it's here... 🎉

Enter, JJ's "Coin Coalition": The Ultimate Triple Split Coin. Now, I know you usually get into trouble anytime you use the work "Ultimate," but at the moment there is nothing better out there as to design and play... Believe me, NOTHING! 😉

It comes with this sweet Ike dollar coin, and a bevy of instructional videos with routines. Plus you got the creator for any and all questions you might have. This new set truly moves the needle as to design, workmanship and functionality. Man, it looks like a regular coin, until it transforms upon some slick command, and miraculously changes into 3 other uniquely designed Japanese coins. 😃

Some very clever stuff from a wonderful craftsman. And I'm really proud of this guy because he came back and just keeps coming up with good magic, and keeps getting better & better, which is good for the art and us all. 🎩

Here's a preliminary comment from a Café member:

-Brian Proctor wrote:

I'm gonna leave this right here...This is the best split triple I have ever used. I got mine this week and have had a lot of fun coming up with my own routines. The coins slide apart like butter! They are almost the same thickness as a regular Eisenhower dollar coin when they are together. The best part, no more stickers or tape!!!

***Just take a look here at JJ's Coin Coalition for yourself: 😉

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategor......alition/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
These look awesome. The idea of using the reverse of the gimmick like that is brilliant, talk about hiding in plain sight!

Are there plans to do this in half-dollar sizes, too?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Ack, just too slow to get in an edit. I also love that they're not stickers.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Glad you like the work tons, and you're right, just brilliant thinking on this...The kind that makes you say, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"🤔 And on top of that, no more stickers. 😉 Within it all, he found the way to make the coins the size of a regular dollar coin, in using real currency.🎉 And yes, he is thinking on making this set with half dollars as well. 👍🏽
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
I own a set of these and they are terrific! Quality as good as anything out there at an amazing price!! You can do so much with these coins. I can't recommend them highly enough!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for your firsthand comments here Tom… Smile

This NEW set is getting a lot of recognition worldwide now…Even the BIG craftsman out there are wondering, "Now, why didn't I think of that?" Smile

The overall ease of this set is remarkable and the new design a thing of beauty and stealth. Smile

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategor......alition/

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Here's another comment from a Café member:

Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, happy4magic wrote:
I rarely post here. I have been preforming magic for 60 years. My first love is sleight of hand & coin magic. I have been asked to comment on this double face triple coin gaff. Although I own gaff coins from Lassen, Schoolcraft, Kreis, Keupers, Belmont, Tango, Mason, Sasco, Johnson, & others, I generally don't use many gaff coins. However, this is a coin I have started to carry & use due to pocket management & ability to play to a larger, stand up group. The JJ Coin Coalition does not use vinyl stickers, as the Wong coin does, for the oriental coin which can & do jamb & stick with out teflon or regular lubrication. They are solid metal. I usually end the routine with a complete vanish or the production of a 7 inch jumbo silver or oriental coin which takes any heat off spectators asking to examine the coin as I hand out the mega-jumbo. This is a wonderful magic tool, but not a substitute for learning & being able to perform fundamental coin sleights & manipulations. If you are at least an intermediate coin handler, you can share & have a lot of magical fun with this newest technology advancement. R

http://www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/un......alition/

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for the good words tons. Lot of interest in this new set from John Jurney. He's a refreshing thinker in coin magic and his work is really getting around. People are seeing the true uniqueness of what he has brought forth here, and he's got lots more in the tank to come. Smile

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I haven't bought any new magic in a few months, I think, except a couple of sets of cups (& balls) that are as much for decor as they are for use. A number of the reviews here for "Coin Coalition" hit points that resonated with me, so I placed an order today, and followed up with a couple of questions re: shipping. I received a very timely and courteous response from John. I'm really looking forward to putting this set through its paces.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You'll be happy when you get this Chess, it's very flexible and quite a piece of good work.

There's a Café member, dj, that is already doing exactly what you speak of in putting John's new "Coin Coalition" through it's paces, and coming up with some really great stuff...😃

Take a look-see at these two fine takes with some mighty fine coins: 🤓

https://vimeo.com/195035848

https://vimeo.com/195359067

-Mb

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I will second that Chessmann, this is the best version I have ever seen, much less owned.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for the great comment here PD, this new coin set from John is quite unique alright, and I told'ya upfront that there was nothing else like it out there. Smile

*Oh, and did I mention the "Morgan Option?"

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here's a little clip... just playing!

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Nice Sean Smile
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here's a little clip... just playing!

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc

Nice.

Darko
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Nice job Sean. Now if he'd make them in halves...(hint)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Tom G, shoot an email to John about halves and he may be very willing to help you out.
Wouldn't hurt to ask anyway if you haven't already.
John is a super nice guy and very accommodating and willing to help.
I think comments and suggestions from folks here on the Café really help him determine which direction to go in next.
But still never hurts to email him directly as well.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
On John's site there is only the Coin Coalition. Where are all the other products I've read about? Previous ones, like the Chinese Coins MB has written much about over the past year?

Thanks!

Jim
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Jim, seems like JJ is trying to keep things simple initially and concentrate on a single release at a time.
Perhaps over time he will have a catalog of items available. We'll have to wait and see, which is honestly what I believe he is doing as well. I'm pretty sure this is a spare time sideline for him but I may be wrong.

But as mentioned already if you email him he generally replies quickly and could quite possibly provide you with previous releases.
At the very least you would be getting the scoop straight from the man himself.
You can contact him thru his website.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You're right Offbeat, John got his website together for this first big offering since being out of the game for quite a few years now. I would believe that John will begin to populate the site with his work eventually. But for now, the need was more immediately for his NEW Coin Coalition offering. I do know that he has other things in-mind to place up there, and I'm sure they will find their way home there soon enough.

As for his old Chinese coins with the special milling, I hope he does bring that back…Those were some great coins with an effective action to them…I still carry his brass dollar size Chinese coin to this day, and it's one of my most favorite coins to use.

Happy New Year All, and stay tuned for more from this wonderful craftsman, and or just reach out to John with any questions you might have. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (64 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL