The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My take on "Reset" by Paul Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
obrienmagic
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
This is actually a compilation of effects TBH (Asher Twist, Twisting the Aces, Reset, Boxed Reset, etc.) I like that the spectators have a bit more participation and are able to choose the cards they want. For those of you who like to have everything signed, you COULD sign every card if you wanted to lol. No dupes or extras. Just 8 cards and a box!

Check it out HERE! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLjbk9wxBH0

Thank you for watching! Feedback is always appreciated!
Books, DVDs, Accessories, and Downloads for great deals RIGHT HERE at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop
Jon Strum
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Jon Strum
That was pretty! Some of the counts are pretty convoluted,but magicians should appreciate the handling.
"Do you like card tricks?" he asked.
I said no. He did five.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
The counts are a little overwhelming TBH, but they are necessary to an extent. They cover otherwise noticeable moves and make it more. Atrial even if they are a bit repetitive Smile thank you for your kind words my friend!
Books, DVDs, Accessories, and Downloads for great deals RIGHT HERE at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4983 Posts

Profile of pepka
That is REALLY sweet! I'm not sure I'd call that a Reset though, because in Reset, the cards change one at a time, and then they RESET back, all at once. For years my go to reset routine has been Twister by Chris Kenner, which seemingly just uses 4 cards instead of 8. This is great and if you ever make it available, I'd be very interested.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2016, pepka wrote:
That is REALLY sweet! I'm not sure I'd call that a Reset though, because in Reset, the cards change one at a time, and then they RESET back, all at once. For years my go to reset routine has been Twister by Chris Kenner, which seemingly just uses 4 cards instead of 8. This is great and if you ever make it available, I'd be very interested.

It is available for download my friend Smile Thank you so much for your kind words!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5663 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
VERY nice work!!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2225 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Love the flow of it. Very well done.
Steven Keyl

The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1333 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I love it!!! Great work!!!
Conjurant
View Profile
New user
Sao Paulo
1 Post

Profile of Conjurant
Look tremendous, I like the other videos, looking forward to see more.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Very beautiful! To me it is a reset idea in that the cards in the box "escape" to the cards out of the box and then return. But then as Pepka notes, it's not "one at a time" changing. ...so maybe...you need to call it your own and name it. Very sweet. Lynn
Jefferson
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Jefferson
Thanks for sharing. I've spent more time on Reset than any other routine I do. I always love to see new variations.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
544 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Never pass up the clichéd (but still funny!) "Jackson Five" pun...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1700 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Very nice! Enjoyed that.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
casco1
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of casco1
That's awesome, thank you for sharing!
divomas
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of divomas
Really really enjoyed that. Great trick!
martyjacobs
View Profile
Special user
Essex, UK
994 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Hi Michael,

The counts were executed oh-so-smoothly, so I don't have a problem with them.

I have one (very minor) piece of feedback about your performance (not the structure of the routine, which is solid). I think you rushed the denouncement just a little; a longer dramatic pause as you removed the Fives from the box would have elicited a stronger reaction from your spectators. Also, don't be so quick to talk during the final revelation phase. Give your spectators the time they need to process and react to your wonderful magic.

Thanks for sharing,

Marty
Read FREE magic articles and ebooks at Kitsune Magic.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, martyjacobs wrote:
Hi Michael,

The counts were executed oh-so-smoothly, so I don't have a problem with them.

I have one (very minor) piece of feedback about your performance (not the structure of the routine, which is solid). I think you rushed the denouncement just a little; a longer dramatic pause as you removed the Fives from the box would have elicited a stronger reaction from your spectators. Also, don't be so quick to talk during the final revelation phase. Give your spectators the time they need to process and react to your wonderful magic.

Thanks for sharing,

Marty

Thank you so much for that advice! I will definitely give it a go!
hitlab
View Profile
New user
Perth
19 Posts

Profile of hitlab
Very nice
DadwithAPen
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
38 Posts

Profile of DadwithAPen
Beautiful!!!
Sidney A. Salmans
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Sidney A. Salmans
Sweet. I have been doing three versions of Reset myself. I like your version too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My take on "Reset" by Paul Harris (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL