The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STEEL by Rasmus (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Maybe in version2 the nails will be treated a bit differently to enable the nails to bend a bit easier.

The first Nails I produced, were soft like Butter. Showed them to a couple of Magicians here in switzerland. no one was excited about them beacause a little kid could bend them.

That said: The Gimmicks have the perfect hardness to be handled normal and even can be hammered into a block of wood in performance.

I highly recommend, that anyone, that want's to do the pseudo Hypnosis thing with a woman, to use the MEDIUM SIZE NAILS.
They are bendable for pretty much every woman. only concern you should have: she has very long fingernails.

at the end, when she bent the Nail and try to bend back (she will not do it, cause it hurts), I would switch it out for a regular one that has been pre bent (because the medium Gimmicks are not as strong as the Large ones)

The Regular unbendable Nails are in the Starter Kit (2x large, 2x medium and 10x small), they will not be in the Refill Packs.

Hope this helps
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Recieved this today and couldn't be happier, what a brill package.

You get a ton of nails to get you started and they look and feel incredible, just the right amount of strength where for all intents and purposes they're normal and yet can be bent at any moment but don't feel like it.

Gonna have a LOT of fun with this and will be stocking up once the refill packs become available.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, rasmus wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Maybe in version2 the nails will be treated a bit differently to enable the nails to bend a bit easier.

at the end, when she bent the Nail and try to bend back (she will not do it, cause it hurts), I would switch it out for a regular one that has been pre bent (because the medium Gimmicks are not as strong as the Large ones)

Hope this helps

So why would you switch for a non gimmicked nail after being bent if she is not strong enough to bend it back straight anyway? Or is it that you have switched it so if a 'man' tried to bend the nail (passing it for examination) straight with the medium nail then he would be able to do so?
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
So why would you switch for a non gimmicked nail after being bent if she is not strong enough to bend it back straight anyway? Or is it that you have switched it so if a 'man' tried to bend the nail (passing it for examination) straight with the medium nail then he would be able to do so?

From playing around I cannot bend any of them back once given a decent bend, it's hard to get a good enough grip in the position they're in and move about etc making it difficult.
One thing that can be done though is for the bend to be increased, and so if the nail isn't switched and someone wanted to it would be possible for them to increase the bend which would kinda go against the whole being unbendable. If you put a really big bend in then it makes this much much more difficult as there seems to be a point where it no longer wants to bend, but if you want a more slight bend then switching would be ideal.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Considering a spectator has literally just done the impossible with super human strength, then all focus is going to be on that nail. By you taking it back is bad enough but to then 'try' and do a switch whilst people WILL be looking at the nail especially the person who just bent it is asking for trouble. I know what your saying about there needing to be a big bend in it, but after they (and that's if they can even bend it) do it then there will be no alternative but to take it back and do a switch - because if the same one got handed out and someone tried to bend it - they will be able to. So what your basically saying is that unless the spectator puts a huge bend in it then you will have to switch.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Hmmm true, and after posting I got out a few of the gimmicks to have a more rigorous trial, and I can get movement when trying to bend them back aswell as increasing the bend... obviously I wasn't trying too hard when I posted what I did and your post made me go back and see.

Personally I still think these are really good as the routine I want to do, which is give the strength to the participant to bend it, will allow me to switch easily due to how I'm putting it together (though until an actual trial I guess I cannot truly say).

But I totally agree with you on the whole and yes, unless they put a big bend in it then they'll be able to bend it further for sure, and possibly back a bit.
Not everyone will be able to though as the nails are pretty tough on the bigger sizes, but def a possibility.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Thanks so much for all the info and your help. This really is a worry and a concern regarding the ability to not only straighten but also increase the bend. By getting them to sign it etc or even if not you ideally want them to take it away as a suviniour so they will talk about what happened, more importantly talk about you and how you gave them the power to do the impossible. If when they show and tell, then even though they may not able to straighten it out or to add to the bend, then it will only be a matter of time before someone will unfortunately (the friends they show this to) - which will result in a not so great after all suveniour and 'trick' after all.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Happy to help mate.

Another thing I want to add is that though I said if you put a big bend in then it's really hard to bend... well that went for increasing the bend, as due to the nail now being really bent, it is in a much better position to be able to grip and unbend... so basically I wouldn't let someone keep this without switching as like you say, even if they can't, as soon as others have a look and want to have a try... well everything will go to ****.

I'm working on routining it in a way where the switch will fly by hopefully, well in regards to the effect whereby they gain the strength to bend it, but unless you are going to go that route you'd prob be better off just using regular nails instead of switching after the bend when all eyes are on the object.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Thanks so much for all the info and your help. This really is a worry and a concern regarding the ability to not only straighten but also increase the bend. By getting them to sign it etc or even if not you ideally want them to take it away as a suviniour so they will talk about what happened, more importantly talk about you and how you gave them the power to do the impossible. If when they show and tell, then even though they may not able to straighten it out or to add to the bend, then it will only be a matter of time before someone will unfortunately (the friends they show this to) - which will result in a not so great after all suveniour and 'trick' after all.

seems that you don't have thr product. woul love to see, how you can bend it back😄

as for me, I have ver. strong hands and I cant. btw: if you have a good spec management
there is not a need for a switch.

after spec has the power to bend (usually til 90 degree, I take it back and while I'm sayin "you just bent solid steel " I give
it another bend. clean and no chance to bend back.

this is a professional tool, please don't buy if you cant handle
your spectators, thanks

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Hahahahaha thanks Rasmussen for that pathetic post above. Again shows how unprofessional you are and can't take critism about your beloved product which unfortunately is starting to show its flaws. Your right I don't have it and not that it matters because PEOPLE THAT DO HAVE IT ARE POSTING ABOUT ITS LIMITATIONS AND FLAWS. I am just responding with my opinion about it TO WHICH THE PEOPLE THAT DO HAVE IT ARE AGREEING WITH ME.

Nice try by going on the defense, and will put this to you - if you can't handle the TRUE AND FACTUAL COMMENTS about your not so great product then I suggest you don't come on the forum.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Prince

Seems that he Loves to be in the Focus of everyone. Seems
that Prince (Probably also an Inventor or just a Hater, hiding behind a Pseudonym), tries to SPAM this Thread.
No contribution or help to anyone, since PRINCE is usually talking about Tricks and Methods, that he doesen't own himself. I hope, that Prince (Probably also an Inventor or just a Hater, hiding behind a Pseudonym) will hopefully invent a Trick, that has no Limitations. Would Love to see this Trick one Day.

Limitations are usually made by a Performer, not by a Trick.

So if anyone want's to trust Prince (Probably also an Inventor or just a Hater, hiding behind a Pseudonym), just ask PRINCE about anything and any Trick and he will hopefully exactly know at all times, if a Trick is good or bad.

So we all want to thank PRINCE for his generous Contribution here on the Café, to talk about Tricks he never had and probably will never Buy (Perhaps a CHINA RIPPOFF?). You'll never know

A BIG HAND TO PRINCE - HIS WORD IN GOD'S MOUTH, AMEN Smile Smile

X-RAY Stage Version
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Truth hurts Rasmus - sad and a shame your not man enough to take it. Man up and take it on the chin when you get criticism against you and your product NOT JUST GIVEN BY ME BUT BY THOSE WHO ACTUSLLY OWN IT. Like I said, perhaps version 2 will be better all round. Quite a good1st attempt at this version, but sadly not a good enough worker with the main limitations and restrictions this offers - unfortunately. But keep working on it and let us all know how you get on with version 2.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I finally received my package!

I absolutely love this. It passed the girlfriend test with flying colors. She was genuinely amazed and had no idea how I did it.

As for the difficulty of bending the nail, I don't think it's too hard. It's the perfect amount. It's difficult enough for someone to not accidentally bend it. But it's also not so hard that it's impossible.

I must say: my thumbs are VERY sore from practicing haha. I've bent one of the long nails, two of the medium nails, and 4 or 5 of the small nails. I am able to bend the small nail one handed, but it's difficult and does hurt a little. (Although it's MUCH easier with the business card) I think after a little while, my thumb will be used to it and be able to bend the small nail one handed consistently.

Also, these nails are definitely impossible to bend back. There's no way anyone could do that. If they did, it would be SO difficult that it would only make the bend seem all the more impossible.

I'm very very impressed by this release. Rasmus has outdone himself on this one. I'm amazed and I truly don't know how he made these. These may be something I throw in my backpack to have with me at all times. It's so very good.

I can't say enough positive things about it. It has exceeded my expectations on all accounts.

Thank you for putting out such a great, quality product!

Madison
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank you very much Madison for the Great Review.

Here is a Link to a Private Video, showing that a Woman (My Girlfriend) can bend
the Nails plus Sheran (a good Friend of mine) can bend them onehanded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdUyKADveU&feature=youtu.be

and here another little LIVE Performance combined with Blockhead. Please don't try
this (Blockhead) if you are not familiar with it, thank you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyDCUGHe154&feature=youtu.be

The Refills are in Production and should be available at your local Magicdealer
in 2 Weeks.

Thanks to all

Best

Rasmus

X-RAY Stage Version
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Guess I have to chime in and be honest: I didn't like this effect.

I was expecting the nails to be easier to bend so another spectator could bend them as in the pseudo hypnotic demo - as this isn't the case, I'm not really satisfied with it.

Anyway, it's cool to see some other people like it, but I'd say this is not for me.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Thanks for your honestly Relick666 - appreciate your HONEST comments. I've since spoken to another 2 magicians who have this and unfortunately they say the same. Plus I seen a video of spectaor 1 bend it with his new ability (who the magician spent 2 minutes with 'hypnotising' them to have super human strength) then as the nail bent out of shock spectator 2 tried to bend it further... and did (not good and tobthe audience just looked like s soft nail that anyone who tried could bend it). But just prepare now for Rasmus to get all on the defence because how dare you critisize his product and say it doesn't work as well as it should and it's you that is doing something wrong.
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I am disappointed in some ways that the spectator cannot bend it, but it makes it that more unbelievable whe you can bend it,

If I am performing for a table of two couples, (two guys, two gals). I could hand the guys the ungimmicked nails and gals the steel nails. Casually take one of the steel nails from the ladies and collect the rest and perform the bend and leave it as a keep sake.

That's still very powerful stuff.

Doc
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2017, docbarnes wrote:
I am disappointed in some ways that the spectator cannot bend it, but it makes it that more unbelievable whe you can bend it,

If I am performing for a table of two couples, (two guys, two gals). I could hand the guys the ungimmicked nails and gals the steel nails. Casually take one of the steel nails from the ladies and collect the rest and perform the bend and leave it as a keep sake.

That's still very powerful stuff.

Doc

Ummm yeah, kind of but defeats the whole purpose of the premise of the effect - and that is you being able to give them super human strength.
Shame, but like I said hopefully Steel 2.0 will be a vast improvement
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Hmm....i really do not understand this discussion and it looks and feels to me like it is some personal bashing, not a constructive talk about a very good product.

"...kind of defeats the whole purpose of the premise of the effect..." - No, as Steel has many purposes, not only the effect of giving strength, it is coming with 3 different size of nails, the smallest one for instance is not used for the hypnosis effect. In the Video, Rasmus and Friends teach several great routines, in my opinion, to reduce it to the hypnosis effect does not do justice to Steel and it's possibilities.

Now, to the comment that "a" spectator cannot bend the nail, Rasmus did post several videos, which clearly show that "a" spectator can bend the nail. What can he do more than show this? Is it possible for everyone? No, I do not think so, for me it did work 4 out of 5, only one was not able to do it. It was no issue at all, as I then took the nail said something about "believing in it" and was able to bend it effortlessly "without putting" much strength behind it. The spectator was stunned and couldn't believe it Smile great fun!! It is a big advantage that the nails do not bend to easily, they are real nails, like this, I feel very comfortable to give it to the spectator to handle it, they can even test it to bend, giving it back to me and I can work some miracle.

A thing that I realized is that it makes sense to show the spectator how to hold the nail, Rasmus is also pointing this out to the spectator on the instruction video. One of my spectator was not able to do it with the first try, so I "gave" him some more strength and ask him to focus it right between his two thumbs, believing in it and go for it - yes, it did work and I got a great reaction.

Also the other argument that, after you gave strength to a spectator, another spectator could bend the nail further....also this sounds to me like picking on someone, I mean, things like this can happen to any tool/trick, if you mishandle or have a bad audience management, and anyway, so what? We should be well prepare for such things, and we could easily say that some rest energy is in the nail. The good thing with Steel is that once it reached a certain bend, it cannot be bend anymore.

Like every good effect this needs some working, my thumbs still hurt from exercising on the small nails, but once it makes "click" this is a super great tool that generates big reactions. In my opinion, Steel is a great tool and a great invention in metal-bending, just think about the spoons and how easy they are to bend, with the nails it is a totally different level.

I am absolutely happy with this and I am waiting eagerly for the re-fills Smile

cheers
Beltorak
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Ummm no - there is no nit picking about it. If we want to be truthful 99.9% of people who are looking to buy this (before now seeing and knowing the restrictions/limitations is the strength of an effect giving your spectators the ability to bend a nail causing an impossible phenomenah) that's why they sign the nail as a suveniour to talk about etc etc. Because of the limitations 1 being that people won't take the risk or chance that some people could bend it/some can't EVEN MEN HAVE TRIED - THEY CANT OR HAD GREAT DIFFICULTY IN DOING SO - so yes it's an unnessesary judgement call that may work/may not. Also 2, with a small bend going in the nail then someone else trying and also putting further bend in it (which means anyone can bend it and must be a soft/trick nail in the spectators eyes. Unless you audience manage by taking it back off the preventing this possibly happening) but the ideal situation is to let others try and find they can't BECAUSE YOU caused the 1st spectator to do it by hypnosis, power of suggestion etc etc. Resulting in you being recognised of have an addition gift being able to cause this effect on their physical state and mind control.

The truth is that far too many people on here and other magicians I know who have this and worked it, are mentioning the problems/limitations/restrictions should they perform this again. Which as a worker and others I have spoken too agree will not put myself in a situation of uncertainty "if it will work or not". Yes yes there are other routines BUT the routine this was hyped for was your spectator having the ability to have super human strength.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STEEL by Rasmus (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL