The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Phantom Wallet by Sylvain VIP and Maxime SCHUCHT (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Before buying I'd like to know the routines that come with it. Are any innovating? If anyone has the time to give a very short breakdown of them it would be greatly appreciated.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Take a chance.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I should be receiving mine on Friday and will post a short, unbiased and comprehensive review of the Phantom Wallet at some point after some use Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Sashac wrote:
Take a chance.

I've really gotta change my Café name LOL
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, takeachance wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Sashac wrote:
Take a chance.

I've really gotta change my Café name LOL

Remember, chance is a fine thing!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
One of the best feelings a magician/mindreader can feel is having their package unexpectedly being delivered early. Today was a good day.

I'm yet to play with the wallet/watch the DVD but here are my first impressions: the wallet is significantly larger than it looks in the demo. This isn't a bad thing and I do like the overall look, it may just be a consideration for some. More of a jacket wallet, which works beautifully for me, being European.

I was surprised to find no DVD, but rather a business card with a link to online instructions. Packaging is great overall (ala Marchand de Trucs) with silver foil etc.

I'm excited. I'll say one more thing: the locking mechanism looks stronger than the SAW or Espionage. This was something I was concerned about, but for now (with nothing in it), it's definitely "safer".

Hope that helps you for now gentlemen, enjoy the rest of your day!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
One more thing (and this may turn off some, myself included).

The wallet design feels "guilty", not to your audience but to the purchaser. A huge effort has been made to ensure that each pocket (including the one leading to the peek and load) have been separated as to give them everyday utility, i.e. there are leather flaps dividing the "secret" aspect and allow you to store things in that section. This is good, but the wallet has PLENTY of space already and this does make it thicker.

Just a thought.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Sashac in other reviews it mentions that a lot of routines involve post-it-notes. What do you think of the routines. Are there any standouts.
cheers
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
They do, the post it peek is superb (I believe it's based on a John T. Sheets wallet peek).

There's a close up chair test, a psychometry effect, a couple of "influence and implanting thoughts" effects using some nicely produced business cards (included), standard drawing dupes with nice little presentational twists.

Having lived in France, I'm aware that Maxime and Sylvain are really proud of the routines as they create magic for another performer. I personally wasn't a huge fan of most of them. This is very specific to me since I like SUPER straightforward premises. I'm pretty sure most people will love the routines as much if not more than the wallet.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks for the insight Sashac, appreciated
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Just bought this - and absolutely love it !

Had problems at first with the card being blocked from going into the p&@k, but leaving a stack just inside the opening appears to have stretched it enough for card to go in freely.

Never heard of this French maker - but I’ll be watching out for any of their future releases as this wallet is certainly well made and really is the ‘bees-knees’ .

Great item guy’s. Well done !

Bobby Thomson.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
Tht DVD should be in French AND English

Overall rating: I've been there, it's now my go to wallet, I can not recommend this if you're into mentalism, 4/4 hearts.

Why in the review do you say the above. You DON'T recommend this if we are into mentlism?

Why?
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This is my everyday as well. An entire act in one’s pocket!

It is very thick but worth carrying around.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, DynaMix wrote:
This is my everyday as well. An entire act in one’s pocket!

It is very thick but worth carrying around.

I've read where it's too big then read where it's too small?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Now I'm torn. Should I pay and get the hwallet or the phantom?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, John C wrote:
Now I'm torn. Should I pay and get the hwallet or the phantom?

Wish I could get both and examine.
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
Ok let's try to help you guys.
I have both of these wallets as they are amazing. They are fairly different on many points but to make it brief, the HWallet is designed for magicians whereas the Phantom Wallet is more for mentalists.
Their size is approximately the same apart from the thickness when full, the H is way more thiner wich makes it easier to carry around as an everyday wallet.
The strength of the H is its CTW which is the best I have ever had. It slides really easily and you don't need any guide. To my mind, its weakness is the internal p**k for which you need to go to the banknotes part of the wallet. It is not very motivated so as a mentalist, you should have other p**k devices in order to vary the choregraphy. Another interesting difference is the Shogun feature, allowing to do himber style sw****es.
On the other hand, the Phantom Wallet has two fantastic internal p**ks! One you already know if you own the SAW, and the other one, the best p**k I've ever been able to see. It requires to use post-it notes in your wallet which may feel unusual at the beginning, but I've carried it around for 6 months now and when somebody notices it, he thinks it is something interesting. The main downside for the PW is the lack of space for banknotes. As in a SAW, you have either to fold them in two and put them flat hidden, or still folding them in two have one half being visible when you open it. (I hope that last sentence makes sense, I'm trying to be as clear as possible but English is not my native language). The CTW feature is good, but not as good as in the H. You may need a guide depending on your training with the move and how new the leather is.

To sum it all up, if you are a magician, interested mainly in the CTW and need to sometimes get peeks, don't hesitate anymore and go for the HWallet. On the contrary, if you are more of a mentalist, but still practice the CTW or any confabulation effect, the Phantom Wallet is the way to go.

To be honest, I do use both on a regular basis. Usually I like to carry the PW in winter because I am more likely to have a coat with big pockets. In the summer, I rather have the H as it is thinner and I am more likely to perform card magic since my fingers don't freeze.

If you still have questions feel free to ask, in PM or in this thread if it is about the PW. I love these wallets and hope you'll buy the one that fits best your style!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I wanted the wallet more for mentalism than magic.

I do want a ctw bit not for cards but for biz cards.

I also wanted the otl feature of the hwallet.

And I wanted the peek similiar to the wallet I have from alakazam. (Look thru any window,yea)

I also wanted the shogun and index feature.

I think the hwallet has all these things doesn't it?

What DOESN'T the hwallet have for mentalism that the phantom does have?

Thanks for your help.

J
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
If you refer to the SAW as the Alakzam Wallet, it's better that you know the p**k on the HWallet is slightly different. You will still get a full clear p**k, but you have to go in the banknote / shogun / side compartment. If you are ok with that, then this wallet is for you.
You are right, the HWallet has everything you are looking for. I would definitely recommend you take this one. The only Reason you would rather have the Phantom is beacause it has 2 internal p**ks, which allows you to vary the handlings and because they do feel more natural to me (I really want to highlight that this is my personnal opinion). And if you love NWs, you have the ability to do secret writing on what is hidden inside one particular compartment, that is really helpful for some routines.
The H CTW will obviously work fine with business cards.

Another thing I did not mention earlier for the HWallet is that it has the fantastic ability to be standing in a very comfortable position Inside your jacket pocket. It makes loa***g super easy and fast.

Hope it helped.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I looked it up I have an espionage wallet. It has the window p##k. It doesn't have a ctw type l##der which is what I want.

I don't do any NW or PW stuff.

If I stick something in the external snap compartment does it come out a different way as well?

Thanks for your help again. I ordered the H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Phantom Wallet by Sylvain VIP and Maxime SCHUCHT (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL