The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tabled 2nd drawing demo (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of JFX
@SimonCard
I don't know if you remember but is the guy in the video you posted in this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......617740#5

the same guy in the video you posted here? Unfortunately the video in the older thread is no longer available. However, I was very certain that he faked the demonstration. Hence, it wouldn't be too strange if the tabled second shown here was faked as well.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1621 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Just watched the second video. I say completely fake. Interestingly enough, if he's not using any sticky stuff to glue the first 2 cards together then he at least does a nice "Gin pick" type move. That in itself is worth playing with, but I call BS on this being a second deal.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3106 Posts

Profile of AMcD
First video looked OK to me.

Second one is weird. I'm with Jason, whether it's a fake or whether he uses a double and a duplicate. No way he deals seconds.
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
Well, I found the idea interesting, I'm sure someone could cook something even better than that (and for real).
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I don't see anything like this in Lance's "The Asian Hustle", which (to me) implies it's probably not a real gambling move.
Not to say it couldn't be, but if it was something "real", it seems Lance would have at least noted its existence in his book.

I somehow doubt that any legitimate "underground" Asian gambling move is going to show up for the world to watch on Youtube, yet not even get a mention in Lance's book (which set a very high bar for its vertical subject matter).
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, JFX wrote:
@SimonCard
I don't know if you remember but is the guy in the video you posted in this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......617740#5

the same guy in the video you posted here? Unfortunately the video in the older thread is no longer available. However, I was very certain that he faked the demonstration. Hence, it wouldn't be too strange if the tabled second shown here was faked as well.


Yes, I remember that one. not sure it's the same person that did the second drawing demo. That center drawing looks just impossible so I didn't believe it in the first place. However, the second drawing demo looks quite possible so I didn't suspect that it could be fake at first.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, MarcoLostSomething wrote:
Well, I found the idea interesting, I'm sure someone could cook something even better than that (and for real).


yes, that's what I'm thinking.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, Artie Fufkin wrote:
I don't see anything like this in Lance's "The Asian Hustle", which (to me) implies it's probably not a real gambling move.
Not to say it couldn't be, but if it was something "real", it seems Lance would have at least noted its existence in his book.

I somehow doubt that any legitimate "underground" Asian gambling move is going to show up for the world to watch on Youtube, yet not even get a mention in Lance's book (which set a very high bar for its vertical subject matter).


I've come across many demos from self-claimed chinese hustlers. For the classic moves like bottom dealing, second dealing, palming, they all executed it very poorly. For the unusual moves like this one , center drawing demo and slike sleeve demo I posted a while ago, I'm just unsure so I posted them here so the real experts can take a look and make better judgments.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
SimonCard, the veracity of what the demo purports to show doesn't reflect back on your post at all.

The link in your post was a nice find, and generated a detailed analysis in this thread.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15457 Posts

Profile of tommy
I guess he could be doing a second deal but using a rough card to make it easier. I tried and can’t do what he seems to be doing anyhow.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
853 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I belive both video's are the same person.

Identical card backs, similar table top (wood or stain).

Same method of squaring the cards and technique, snap pinch from the center.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Https://youtu.be/Q3tcRqOozj0

My friend just sent me this video. This is the real technique. I played it frame by frame, and I could see the moment when the second card is slipped out below the top card.
Hope you enjoy.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2291 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2017, SimonCard wrote:

Https://youtu.be/Q3tcRqOozj0

... This is the real technique. I played it frame by frame, and I could see the moment when the second card is slipped out below the top card...


If you say so. I don't know exactly what you saw frame by frame because the next card moves slightly even if the top card is plucked off.

However, if the move is real it fools me. Then again, it won't be the first time I've been fooled. Smile

However, if skillful demonstrators like AMcD, JFX and Jason England can't do it in a deceptive manner, then I would say the credibility of the move is in serious question.

The problem with all these type (apparently "Asian" videos is), the moves they do, in many cases, are virtually impossible to duplicate by proficient card table manipulators in the real world.

But whatever...
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1325 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2017, SimonCard wrote:
Https://youtu.be/Q3tcRqOozj0

My friend just sent me this video. This is the real technique. I played it frame by frame, and I could see the moment when the second card is slipped out below the top card.
Hope you enjoy.


Thanks for the video, Simon. At about 0.04, it's possible to see the 2nd card being extracted and dealt. Amazing technique!
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Hi Cagliostro:

I played it on the iphone, and you can drag the progress bar to play it frame by frame. At Claudio said, the second card can be seen to be drawn below the top card.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2291 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@Claudio and SimonCard: I don't know how, or lack the ability, to play the video back frame by frame, but I have no reason to doubt you guys. I only wish I could independently verify myself what is being done.

If real, it is a obviously a great move. If not...it is a clever piece of wizardry.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3106 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I've never practised such a technique, but, for once, it seems possible to me. Maybe I'll try it.

Cag is right, most of the outstanding Asian videos I saw in the past were fake or heavily doctored. Edited to say the very least. So...
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Trust me. this one is real.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2291 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
The argument in favor of the validity of the move is compelling, but still... there is only one way to resolve this to everyone's satisfaction.

Demo champions of the Gambling Spot (and you know who your are). The ball is in your respective courts to either duplicate this move or render it a clever fake.

Come on guys, we are counting on you. I personally don't have time for something like this because I would have no use for it. Plus, I don't play with moves much nowadays. But...it certainly is intriguing and a move I have not seen before.

And...as the music builds towards a crescendo...we all wait in breathless anticipation.

By the way, if it can be duplicated, I would surmise it works better with plastic cards.

Hmmm. I wonder if Steve Forte can do this move?
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
Will there be some sort of recognition for it? Like a honorable mention from Cagliostro? Or a "Cagliostro Cup"...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Tabled 2nd drawing demo (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL