The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Butterfly Playing Cards by Ondrej Psenicka (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Not got mine yet either Jamie, last thing I had was from Backerkit asking for a response but that seemed to be for the ebook not the cards?!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Mine arrived today in the UK Smile
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
As did mine. Not got home yet but I received a message saying they'd been delivered!
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Yes mine here today as well!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Ok got them all and I've been playing with them a bit. They're really quite lovely - and generally do exactly what they're meant to. I have found a problem with some cards sometimes interfering with others when rotated 180 degrees in the deck.

And unfortunately they really don't faro well at all. That's a massive shame.

But overall, very happy with these - the concept is just great.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On May 12, 2017, jbadman wrote:
Ok got them all and I've been playing with them a bit. They're really quite lovely - and generally do exactly what they're meant to. I have found a problem with some cards sometimes interfering with others when rotated 180 degrees in the deck.

But overall, very happy with these - the concept is just great.

Mine are not perfectly printed. The came essentially stuck together in their cellophane wrap, and there's some back-to-front bleed from card to card.

I haven't really gotten into figuring out the system yet.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Not seeing any of that, however due to some imprecise printing the rotation of the cards do matter sometimes regarding the edge work. I've only opened one of my decks so far - I hope it's a one-off.

Yours sound really broken though; real shame.
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
While these don't faro well for me I really like the cards, being able to locate any card without spreading through the deck has so many uses. So far everyone I have showed has loved this deck
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
I was thinking of buying a couple of bricks. But due to them not Faroing too well and that there may be other issues, I might reduce the order somewhat.
Afal
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Afal
I'm glad I'm not alone with the faroing issue. I thought it was mostly due to the fact that I'm not entirely proficient at faroing yet but at least I know that the cards had something to do with it being a little harder to do so than usual.

Can't wait to have the whole booklet and the display case later on
Jeremie Leroi
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
116 Posts

Profile of Jeremie Leroi
[quote]On May 12, 2017, jbadman wrote:

Hi!
They actually do Jamie! I've had mine for over a week now and you have to "work" them for a little while before being able to faro them with ease (it was a concern of mine at first too). It's, I suppose, due to their "glassy" edges, not unlike what LPCC's decks are well known for. They're also a lot easier to faro face up (again, not unlike LPCC's cards).

I've had the same issue with the latest Butterfly prototype deck which Ondrej very kindly sent me a few months ago and, believe me, after having been "worked/broken" for a few hours they handled like a dream.

J.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
While it is nice to know that these faro well after some time, I really wish all such cards for magicians were traditionally cut. Traditionally cut cards like the Richard Turner Gold standard bikes or the 52kards Mint deck faro amazingly well right out of the box.
I had problems with Steve Gore's GPS deck as well. Tried to faro and ended up damaging the marks. Sometimes non traditionally cut decks faro fine face up. But some are really bad no matter how much work you put in.
Anyway, I received my Butterfly decks sometime back. Will play with them soon. I am quite excited about the possibilities they offer.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I have just started to use mine and they faro without any difficulty. It just takes a few faros to break them in
These are fantastic and I cannot see any of the problems you mention

Paul
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Can you still buy these from anywhere I can't seem to find a place that sells them. The Indi site doesn't seem to have a purchase option.

Magically

Aus
Marniac
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Spain
28 Posts

Profile of Marniac
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, Aus wrote:
Can you still buy these from anywhere I can't seem to find a place that sells them. The Indi site doesn't seem to have a purchase option.

Magically

Aus

https://jpplayingcards.co.uk/index.php?r......_id=1218 they just restocked.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
This is there first stock!

Dr Rob
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi I have ordered mine from J P Cards and it says I should be able to access the PDF but I cannot find this anywhere can someone point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks
Dr Rob
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
I got mine but am having problems seeing the markings.
Any hints as to Bevel or holding the cards?

magiclee
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Still can't get over this deck - carry it with me wherever I go

http://www.kardify.com/2017/05/card-gear......oxy.html

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Butterfly Playing Cards by Ondrej Psenicka (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL