The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi rbcjhollander,

If you are experienced card handler, you will find no problem.

If you are a beginner you might have to practice a move or two, but not too difficult.

It is wise to know a stack for Asis routine, any stack will work.

I just developed a method this afternoon that uses psychology and has a person think of any card, and you will still be able to pull it off like Asi does.

I love the way Asi does it, but I always like to think of alternate ways of doing something. for those that have this PM me and I will let you know.

Actually, upon writing this, you can combine this with ACAAN. PM Me for more details.

I would have liked them to be bicycle, but its ok, layman don't know the difference, as I have used all kinds of different backs and not once has someone mentioned it.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I got how this basically works from the full demo. It's great thinking and I got one of those, "Why haven't I thought of that" moments. Love it and I am definitely getting this.

Did I understand correctly, that you can hand the card out as a souvenir?
Yours,

Ivan
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Thanks again Alex. Last question is about refills. Any thoughts or info you can share?
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2016, niva wrote:
I got how this basically works from the full demo. It's great thinking and I got one of those, "Why haven't I thought of that" moments. Love it and I am definitely getting this.

I would suggest that when Asi Wind says that the spectator takes something memorable home with them, he is referring to the memory of the effect.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Oh ok. Got it! Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I think this is the first gimmicked deck effect I've seen that is stronger than the old invisible deck. I've seen Asi do it and the reactions were unbelievable.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
To get those reactions one needs to work on the timing and acting.

Anyone knows whether this is exclusive to Art of Magic or whether it will also be available in Europe?
Yours,

Ivan
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Quote:

I would suggest that when Asi Wind says that the spectator takes something memorable home with them, he is referring to the memory of the effect.

Absolutely wrong. He means to keep the souvenir. 100 percent. There is no way to perform this without giving the card out.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Having purchased this, it would be impractical to give it away and Asi never discusses that on the video. I don't believe that's the intention
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
That''s disappointing, especially since the ad clearly implies they get to keep the card.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Having purchased this, it would be impractical to give it away and Asi never discusses that on the video. I don't believe that's the intention

You are obviously on another planet. Let me explain.

Quote [After several years of development, Gypsy Queen is finally available. Inspired by working closely with David Blaine over the years, Asi's newest contribution to magic will leave your spectators with a memory and a memento that they will always treasure. The perfect walkaround miracle, Gypsy Queen allows for endless presentational possibilities.]

memento
mɪˈmɛntəʊ/
noun
an object kept as a reminder of a person or event.
"you can purchase a memento of your visit"
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
So then you can complain the ad copy is misleading. I own this- given the method and what you get in the box, it is not practical to give away. This is "magicians helping magicians", but go ahead and order if you don't believe me- that's fine.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I quite understand your concern, however, there was no misleading in the add to me or others. That's why we're asking about refill decks. You could not perform this without giving it out as a souvenir. It would be sacrilege.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
It's not a concern to me as I don't feel the need to give it away. Problem with refill decks in this instance is you're not forcing the card they end up with like most refill-based tricks. It's a free mental selection. So if the 7H or AS or other common cards get named a lot, you will need a ton of refill decks.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I agree that the word mimento is used incorrectly then.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
To me, that is blatant false advertising. Based on what TuneHV has said, if someone names the ace of spades and you give that card away, the ace of spades can never be picked again. So I see absolutely no reason they would use "momento" in the ad...other than to trick people into buying. Sad.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Will this be available in Europe? Or is it exclusive to AoM?
Yours,

Ivan
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely wrong. He means to keep the souvenir. 100 percent. There is no way to perform this without giving the card out.

You are wrong pal. There are two ways to perform this effect:

1. they name any card they want and you don't give it as a souvenir.

2. You run through the deck card by card and they mentally choose a card they see, and in that case they can keep the special card (and you can perform this effect 40 or so times with the one deck you bought no matter what card they chose).

I prefer the first one. I like impact more than gifts. But this is me.

Nimrod , Israel
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Shucks, for those who are concerned, you can stick with the 6S swindle with bikes for free.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey guys! Ok so I spoke directly to Elliott Terral about this, and here is what he said

Quote:
You definitely don't have to hand the card out. You certainly can, and continue performing the effect, but it's not necessary. With either method. I don't think the copy is misleading, and for the people that have emailed in, I recommend only giving the card to important spectators/clients.

If they have problems, they're free to email me at contact@artofmagic.com.[/quote]

Hope that clears things up!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL