The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The transformative power of… (magic) - Benjamin Zander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Actually the title is: The transformative power of classical music.

But what Benjamin Zander, is saying about music can also be applied to magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE&feature=youtu.be

Here are a few great quotes for the video:

One of the characteristics of a leader is that he does not doubt for one moment the capacity of the people he’s leading to realize whatever he’s dreaming. - Benjamin Zander

The conductor of an orchestra doesn’t make a sound. He depends, for his power, on his ability to make other people powerful. - Benjamin Zander

My job was to awaken possibility in other people. - Benjamin Zander

I have a definition of success. For me it’s very simple it’s not about wealth and fame and power. It’s about how many shining eyes I have a round me. - Benjamin Zander

My job was to awaken possibility in other people. Do you know how you find out if you’re doing that? You look at their eyes. If their eyes are shining you know you’re doing it. - Benjamin Zander

Enjoy,
Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Many thanks.

There are many similarities between how we are effected by magic and music (affected?) We now are learning that the human brain processes music differently from other input,
and the way we make decisions resembles magic more than structured reason.

Shining eyes? When a person comes up 20 years after a performance and recounts the event and their eyes are still shining ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The transformative power of… (magic) - Benjamin Zander (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL