The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Help on Smoothness... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Hey everybody,
I need major help in getting down smoothness for Sybils. I can do them perfectly well and at a good speed, but the factor that makes them look horrible is my lack of smoothness. I'm referring to the movements of the basic Sybil, i.e. breaking into Z, grabbing middle packet, transferring to straddle, etc., - those movements.

Most flourishers seem to do all that in one motion. When I do mine, they are jerky. Breaking into Z is one motion, then going into the transition of packets is done in several motions instead of one.

I've practiced Sybils as slowly as possible, trying to choreograph the transitioning of packets and trying to get it as smooth as possible. I've practiced my Sybils this way for several months already and I still seem to have made no progress in terms of smoothness.

IMO a Sybil cut would only look nice when done smoothly. I don't really care about speed now, I've got that down already.

Is there any particular technique involved such that these sorts of cuts would look smoother and more "flowing" so to speak? It gets really frustrating for me when I go back to square one, practice for several months consistantly, slowly, and when I slowly speed them up again, nothing has changed - they still look as awful as ever in terms of smoothness.

Thanks,
Chris
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Practice with rap music or some sort of music that has a good underlying beat. Get a metronome if you have to. Practice the moves in rhythm S...L...O...W...L...Y and speed it up accordingly. Eventually it will be smooth as silk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Help on Smoothness... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL